• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

For All Winners DV2012 , What we can do ?

tomycool

Registered Users (C)
As long as it was announced - and there is a responsibility they have enough time to review - second after the announcement of no injury on the material and moral winners around the world 22 000

What should we do - until it is reversed for the cancellation results
Or re-competition - without the results of the winners of 22 000
Please write proposals and opinions??

we must go to the lawyer or written complaints??

And than what? 22,000 against 19,5 million that didn't won....and on top of that NO American is interested to fight for you unless money is involved...who will pay the lawyer? The 22,000 people? I guess not...

The person who thought they had won the lottery (money) last month but the ticket number was misprinted in the newspaper got nothing...so will the lottery winners...unless you sue, than a lawyer will receive a lot of income and that lawyer will be very happy.

Sorry...I understand your frustration, but it is what it is...million others were frustrated reading that most winners entered on Oct. 5th which was impossible to take in.

And than what? 22,000 against 19,5 million that didn't won....and on top of that NO American is interested to fight for you unless money is involved...who will pay the lawyer? The 22,000 people? I guess not...

The person who thought they had won the lottery (money) last month but the ticket number was misprinted in the newspaper got nothing...so will the lottery winners...unless you sue, than a lawyer will receive a lot of income and that lawyer will be very happy.

Sorry...I understand your frustration, but it is what it is...million others were frustrated reading that most winners entered on Oct. 5th which was impossible to take in.

Well said. It must be truly frustrating to read you were selected and then to hear the results are canceled,however guys there is nothing you can do about this.But I think it's fair to do a redraw,and now hopefully everybody has an equal chance.In the end it's a lottery and to keep it a lottery everybody has to have an equal chance.And just by being selected, doesn't necessarily mean one will receive a GC because it requires a bit more than just " has been selected".Good luck to everyone for round two.

why are people writing into this topic who did not win before and got cancelled now??? the ones who won want to discuss here what can be done. if you dont have suggestions just keep writing on other topics.

Last year(Dv 2011) most of the winners were those who applied during the last days to closing date.This year it has been the opposite,why not give a chance for ths years winners and draw the rest to fill the 100k posts...N God forbid that the 2nd draw will leave out those who applied on 5th and 6th..

I advice you not to waste your money and time hiring the service of an immigration lawyer against the Department of State because you will have a tiny 3% chances of winning them. For instance i have seen a person that won and was denied based on some flimpsy reasons. May GOD be with us.

The administration body announced that the result will come out on the 15th of july. So whats our stress

i think you are scared that the 22000 could get back their wins. well sorry. we ar going to do everything since now this might be fair fr 18 mil people or what but not for 22000 people.. and it has to be fair for everyone even if it is not fair for one person it is NOT FAIR. Not the number counts*

The best thing we can do is waiting and hoping that we can win in July 15 and i am sure that next result wil be very fair for all applicants, even is hard for some people but really this give us the idea that us goverment doing the RIGHT. we have to respect that so much.

Hi guys , I'm very sad 2 day when I heart this news. I was happy and I complete all forms . Yestarday I just sent my paper to USA

Fair would be, to proceed the 22,000 case further and select 78,000 new out of the remaining pool.

There's no fair solution for both. Whichever solution they'd pick it remains unfair either formal winners or formal losers. Any legal act sounds pointless and can worsen the situation like having the lottery cancelled. We are all aliens and no immigrant is welcomed with open arms entering in the US. The whole lottery is for having 50thousand lesser illegal immigrant plus they can acquire data from millions of people all over the world in my opinion. I hate that this years' selection turned out like this and it's no one's fault it's just sad.

I'm really ashamed of this house. They av turned this place to a war zone. This house use to be a place where u can get help or assistant from someone u never met or knew, but today, simply bcos of DV 2012 result, it has become an IRAQI thread. Why all this nonesense? Some people are just out there to destroy the hopes of other people. If the result was cancelled, fine, lets move on and pray harder. U can still make it the second time. Some of us thought we made it by our own power. We av forgetting our heavenly father who made it possible. I wonder how some people think they can succeed without God. We used to give advice on this thread then when it just came out, but now, the house is filled up with guyz who are ready to insult and bully u if possible. They forget its a lottery and not their rights.

The main point here is that: with or without a computer error, the selection is still RANDOM.

As this situation is an "error", nobody knew about it. As a result, nobody could gain from it. Nobody knew that applying on the earlier dates would increase your chance. As a result the whole process is still RANDOM.

The selection process is a blackbox. The internal coding is NOT known. As a result people applied at any random time within the given time limits. The code could have selected applicants from any application time period.

This "error" has just ADDED to the RANDOMNESS.

Think of it like this: Assume that each application is a 1 penny coin dropped in a big jar. Also, assume the coins are made of iron. The selection is to be done by opening a hole at the bottom of the jar and let some random coins fall out. The coins falling out are the selected ones.

By "error" there is also a magnet in the jar as well. When the small hole is opened at the bottom of the jar it opens just below the magnet; the few coins (selectees) start falling through the hole. The magnet with all the coins stuck to it also falls through. Nobody knew that there was a magnet ("error") in the jar. So nobody tried to throw their coin next to the magnet.

The process is STILL COMPLETELY RANDOM.

Noone has been favoured.

There is no reason for the voiding.

Please let me know if you disagree.

As long as it was announced - and there is a responsibility they have enough time to review - second after the announcement of no injury on the material and moral winners around the world 22 000

What should we do - until it is reversed for the cancellation results
Or re-competition - without the results of the winners of 22 000
Please write proposals and opinions??

we must go to the lawyer or written complaints??

What to do?....well in the words of the most electrifying man in sports entertainment.."know your role and shut your mouth"

i'm also one of the those selected and i found it like a damn joke when they voided the last selectee lottery results, well what can we do? nothing they already deleted our case numbers form the database, i supposed there was a redraw all we can hope is a second chance on july, it's our destiny and we have to believe in it.