For all of us with an Interview date in June-July

hrh said:
Welcome back Johnny Cash, thanks for the information.... I am not sure if you recall but i had asked about this before,

The problem we have is that my wife ended up overstaying her Visa Waiver, she is from England. I become a citizen in March of 2006, and sent everything like you had mentioned to local office, service center and lock box with the reciept notice for I-485 and also approval notice for I-130. I am not sure if they matched the right file with what i had sent but am hoping that they did.
We never received any RFE's for anything during the whole process.

I know am a US citizen now but was not when we filed the I-485. I am just worried that they might deny her I-485 because at the time of filing techanicaly she was not eligible to file as she had overstayed her visa and i was still at an LPR at the time when we did file. Of course at the time of the interview she will be there as a spouse of a US citizen. I am just worried about the timing of the filing thing. Thanks again for your help. It,s nice to see you back, your information has always been very helpfull.

Regards

HRH

Yes, I do remember your situation very well, including advising you what you should be doing in your situation. Like I said before, you have nothing to worry about your wife’s case. It doesn’t matter that you weren’t a US citizen when your wife filed I-485. By law, officer will have to consider the current status of your citizenship in order to find your wife ineligible if there is any ground to deny her application.

But since you are now a US citizen, then there is no way in this world INS could ever deny her application under a ground of her being overstaying here for so long. Why? Because immigration laws automatically forgive the illegal status of an immigrant if s/he is an immediate relative of a US citizen. It doesn’t matter what your status was (whether a LPR or a US citizen) when I-485 was filed by her; rather your current is all matter to rule that bar for her.

Make sure you take original copy of your naturalization Certificate with you when you guys would be asked for an interview. This way officer can upgrade and update her file if somehow your request has not been honored yet. Don’t try to give out any information voluntarily. Answer them only when officer would question something. This is a normal situation as it happens in many cases on a daily basis. Thus, officers are aware of this situation. Don’t be panic. Read my lips-INS won’t deny her application under the concern that you have shown here. Trust me. I’ve been around for so long. Thus, I can bet my life on this. Take it easy and have a smiling face at the interview.

No, I’m not back. I’m just hanging in here for a while as I like to do something good in my free time. Your wife is from Britain and where are you from originally? I’m a sucker for British and Aussie accents.

Keep your finger crossed.

Good luck to your wife.

patty579 said:
Johnny Cash,

Thanks for your nice and personal reply. You really seem to have a lot of experience. Which is why you got me worried again!!
See, I really don't want to invent any stories about my husband and me.
The reason why I applied for a B2 Visa was that I wanted to really get to know the US before I decided anything. The Visa Waiver is just for 3 months. I didn't know about AOS, and was prepared to leave after 6 months. After that, my husband would have filed I-129 for me. That was the plan.
Now, I appreciate your post, it was very informative. But are you sure that they would instantly deny me if I told them the truth? My husband was stationed in Germany while he was in the Airforce. We were dating for over a year and even living together: it's on our G-325As!! So basically there is not much of a different story I could tell them!!

I came to the US in October 2005. January 2006 we had an Infopass to ask about K1. The IO was the one who introduced us to AOS and she said there wouldn't be any problems! She saw my B2 Visa, too! She basically said that we would be circumventing the law, but we wouldn't be in trouble.
I am obviously very unsettled by your post and would like to know what you think about my case now I gave you more info.

Danke!! :)

P.S. Danke also for your reassuring info about joint documents. :)

Hi there,

I didn’t mean to unsettle you or make you worried in any fashion; rather I always do my best in providing accurate, needed, to-the-point and helpful information to people so that they could make a well-informed and right decision about their immigration life.

I’m actually totally different than other immigration attorneys. I can bet that no any immigration attorney would ever spend that much efforts/time/energy in analyzing a case from every angle as much as I do, especially without receiving any fees whatsoever. Neither they would give even 10% of the information that I give. Why? Because they know well that they would be jobless/homeless if they would start giving so much information to people even if someone would pay them thousands of dollars. I mean, nobody would then hire them or pay them fees for their services if people would be getting all the information for free. Am I wrong? They have not studied laws and practicing it for doing charity services, right? This is their living like you and I have to make living to live for.

Why I explained to you all this? Because I want you to know that I am here ONLY for one reason, which is to helping people. I don’t get NOTHING whatsoever in posting here. This being said, I didn’t mean to unsettle you or make you worried at all; rather I wanted you to know of what could happen if you won’t be careful in your testimony to the adjudication officer during the interview. Nevertheless, I know that you are not saying that I made you upset; rather you are implying that the information I gave you has made you worried now, which is totally understandable.

I’m glad that you have cleared it up why you obtained B-2 visa to visit here despite of being a German citizen as Germans are waived from obtaining visa to enter into the US if they would like to visit here for 90 days. Why did I ask you earlier about you coming here on B-2? Because it is VERY unusual for a person to come over here on a B-2 visa from a Visa Waiver country. People from visa waiver countries usually come over here just for 2-6 weeks at most even though they could stay here up to 90 days. It could be because most of these people have family, job or schooling back in their home. The only time I’ve seen them coming here on nonimmigrant visa is on B-1 visa, which is a Business visa. Why? Because a lot of companies from these Visa waiver countries send their employees to work temporary or to get some kind of job related training in the US. So, when you said that you came here on a B-2 visa despite of being a German, I wondered why.

You have asked me if I know for sure that officer would deny your case instantly if you would tell the officer the whole truth about your case, then all I could tell you is-INS don’t deny a case instantly; rather they need to send a denial letter by certified mail pursuant to immigration laws. That means, you won’t be told about denial instantly at the interview if you would tell them the whole truth about having relationship with your husband prior to coming here, rather you would receive a denial in the mail. But I’m 100 billion percent sure that officer would deny your case if you tell them the history of your relationship with your hubby unless the officer would be a rookie one or the one who doesn’t know immigration laws that well. But I doubt it that an officer would be unaware of such an important ground of denial especially when s/he would be an adjudication officer.

If you would tell them the whole truth that you were your husband’s girlfriend prior to coming here and lived together with him over there for almost a year, then nobody (even BIA and Federal Courts) would ever going to believe you that you came here on B-2 visa just to get to know the US better. Believe me. Things don’t look good in your favor given the facts of your relationship history. I mean, they would question that how it was possible for you to come over here to get to know the US at the same time when he came back here too.

More importantly, if you tell them that you were his girlfriend then you will be found ineligible for a green card for misrepresenting to US govt., wherein a lifetime bar could be imposed. Plus, a nonimmigrant visa cannot be used for immigrant intent as it is against the immigration laws. They will charge you that you deliberately used B-2 visa to immigrate here. They would say that you wanted to get to know him better, thus you obtained this visa so that you could live with him here. I could understand all of your explanations but I’m telling you how INS think in this situation. So, the choice is upon you to tell them what you want to say .

I don’t know if you have disclosed about him being your boyfriend on the application for B-2 visa and on G-325A. And I am not going to tell you to invent any story here; rather it is completely up to you. But having being a defense lawyer in the past, I am suggesting you what should be said. Immigration lawyers are equivalent to criminal defense lawyers as their job is to look out the best interests of their clients, one way or another.

If you guys had tried to go thru with K-1 visa then all the history between you guys from the ghetto could have been very vital, but not in this situation when you came here on B-2 visa and then got married despite of knowing him from Germany. When I made my earlier posting to you, I had already read some of your postings. So, I was completely aware of the fact that your husband was stationed in Germany while he was in Air force. Just because he was in US Air force, that doesn’t give him any upper hand to circumvent immigration laws. I do understand that you have not circumvented any immigration law in your opinion but that is how it would look to officer, believe me. As a matter of fact, even an Immigration officer told you that it seems you have circumvented the immigration laws when you went to local INS office thru Info appointment.

However, I find it very strange and amusing about an Immigration officer in your local office having telling you that you won’t be in trouble despite of circumventing immigration laws. I mean, on one hand the officer has said that it seems you have circumvented immigration laws, but then on the other hand she said that you won’t be in a trouble. Doesn’t make any sense, at least not to ME. Are immigration laws made only to keep inside the books which made her to say that you would not get into trouble despite of circumventing them? Officer did not know what she was talking about.

Just you to know that your AOS will be adjudicated by adjudication officer and not by those who are clerks whom people meet with when they go on Info appointment. Adjudication officers know what to look for and what to do as adjudication of applications is their job and not the job of Immigration officer at clerk desk. So, don’t take their info on face value. Have u ever thought why these Immigration officers on the desk are not adjudication officers if they know so much about immigration laws/adjudication procedures?

Also, you cannot say to the adjudication officer as to your defense that you were told by the officer on Info pass to file AOS. The fact is-applicant faces the consequences of the mistake of their attorney or someone else’s who misinformed them. Do you think adjudication officer would approve your case just because you were told by Immigration officer on Info Pass to file AOS? Officer could be apologetic and sympathetic to your situation that you were given a misinformation, but nobody can be above the laws. Officer’s job is to carrying out the laws than bending the laws for someone for being sympathetic to their situation.

You have said earlier that the reason why you obtained B-2 visa was that you really wanted to get to know the US before you could decide anything. Then I wonder, could it be possible that you wanted to get to know your boyfriend (who is yr husband now) better before deciding any future with him than getting to know the US? Were you able to get to know the US in 6 months? Your situation looks very complicated especially when you got married just within 3 months of arriving here, which could be a strong case for govt. to prove a pre-intent in your part to migrate here. I mean, you came here in 10/05 and got married in 01/06. Trust me, nobody is going to believe you otherwise even if you are telling the truth.

When someone has a fiancé, the best way to come over here is on-K-1 visa, and not on B-2 visa. This is what INS would tell you. Your case seems to be clear-cut case for them to prove that you had a pre-intent to immigrate here when you applied, obtained and came to US port on B-2 visa. More worse is-you got married within 90 days of your arrival in this country. Thus, if I were you, I would say that you guys were just friends before and you fell in love with him after spending more time with him over here. The key point is-don’t tell them that you guys were an item before coming here. Otherwise, you would find yourself in a whole mess. Nevertheless, you are free to say what you like. I’ve given just my honest opinion here.

Froh haben Sie meine Pfosten geschätzt. viel Glueck.

Lächeln jetzt.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny Cash,

Thank you very much for your reply, this has made me feel a lot better. I truely appriciate your advice, i do feel better now. Thanks. I know what you mean about the accent thing, i have always been sucker for British and Aussie accent myself.

I know what you mean about the Visa waiver thing, i know when my wife was trying to get B2, they denied her saying why she needed more then three months for a visit? We had tried everything, from H1 to J1 and so on.The reason we were trynig B2 was so she could change the Visa while still in the States. The reason we were told that you can never adjust an Visa Wavier in the States unitl i become a US is becuase in realty its not even a real visa, so there is no visa to adjust. We had tried H1 but were told why would someone with a an MBA want to do marketing and was denied. Even the appeal, this was the reason my wife ended up overstaying. Thanks again for all your help and advice.

Regards

HRH

JohnnyCash,

You are making this forun really very interesting & educative too. I am just glue to reading your post.

Thanks for taking time to help, I deep appreciate you sharing your knowledge on immigration with us

Cheers

Johnny Cash,

what can I say, I am devastated.
Basically you just told me that my case is going to be denied.

Johnny, on my G325A they will see that my husband and me lived together in Germany. And even if that wasn't the case, they will know that my husband was stationed in Germany, in the city where I lived.
I flew to the States with him.

But we did not get married until 03/11/06. We just had our Infopass in January.

I didn't realize that being the girlfriend of a US citizen was a problem. I thought it was only a problem if you were already engaged.

I have proof that I didn't have an immigration intent: I had a job lined up in Germany after 6 months. My parents had to send me a huge parcel with summer clothes because I thought I was going to go home after 6 months.

The reason why I could travel for 6 months was because I finished my studies, my job was only in 6 months and I wanted to travel.
My husband and I knew each other for 2 years, we never really talked about marriage and only realized that we don't wanna be apart anymore, after 5 months of being together 24/7.

I feel sick with worry now, I don't know what to think. You tell me that I'm gonna be denied and will face a lifetime ban.
What am I supposed to do???

Withdraw my application, go home and do it right?

I thought that the lady at Infopass was an IO and would know. How was I supposed to know that she would ruin my life by giving me wrong info??

I can't stop crying, so upset. What are we supposed to do now?

Dear Pat,

I know you are still a lot worried (even after replies from Cherr and Sonja), but I don't want the worries to make you lose the focus. It will be difficult to concentrate on the preparation of your interview, but you're gonna have to get over this, because what has happened has happened, you can't change that. Now that you have decided to stick to the true story, I think you should again start looking into getting everything in order - the documents etc. Doing that will give you a satisfaction and confidence. Also, I thought I'd remind you to file FOIPA - I still can't say it works with 100% certainity, but my husband thinks it did and that is why he got his namecheck complete. He says that having an LUD on 485 and receiving FOIPA results within 3 days can't just be a coincidence. I'd suggest that you too file it as you still have a little more than a month to go.

If you need any info about FOIPA let me know, I would ask him how he filed his.

Gutes Glück und Lächeln :)

patty579 said:
Johnny Cash, what can I say, I am devastated.
Basically you just told me that my case is going to be denied.

Don't feel anything bad, please. I really don't wish to see you feeling like that.

Yes, I did say that your case is going to be denied. But I also said that only if-[1] you will tell the whole truth about your relationship history to the officer. I am not saying that you should lie but you can keep some facts aside which might complicate your case. Try to read between the lines. [2] I also said that if officer would be a rookie one or the one who might not know about immigration laws well or the one who would ignore this pre-intent ground of denial, then you have nothing to worry about it.

In the light of more facts that came out from you on other thread which I mistakenly understood differently before then I don't think you would get into any trouble. But you still need to think hard as to what to say about your relationship-history to the officer during the interview to be a safe side.

patty579 said:
Johnny, on my G325A they will see that my husband and me lived together in Germany. And even if that wasn't the case, they will know that my husband was stationed in Germany, in the city where I lived.
I flew to the States with him.

I am going to respond on this in a while either on this thread or another one that you have created on this subject matter.

patty579 said:
But we did not get married until 03/11/06. We just had our Infopass in January.

Good to know that. Now you are in a safe "mode"; otherwise trying to adjust a status within 90 days of arriving here on nonimmigrant visa is a toll period which is considered to prove a fraud intent pursuant to immigration laws.

patty579 said:
I didn't realize that being the girlfriend of a US citizen was a problem. I thought it was only a problem if you were already engaged.

Its true that being a girlfriend/boyfriend of a US citizen is NOT a problem when it comes to determine pre-intent, but the problem is-your relationship with your boyfriend (back then) seemed more than a girlfriend-boyfriend kinda relationship given the fact that you lived together for one full year, and you followed him here on B-2 visa when he had to leave the Germany. I mean, you could say that you were not engaged "officially" or "technically", but to be honest, it seems differently to ME and would seem different to any reasonable person given all the facts on the record.

JohnnyCash said:
Don't feel anything bad, please. I really don't wish to see you feeling like that.
I know Johnny, I know you mean well, and I still really appreciate your comments. I was just so freaked out!
In the light of more facts that came out from you on other thread which I mistakenly understood differently before then I don't think you would get into any trouble. But you still need to think hard as to what to say about your relationship-history to the officer during the interview to be a safe side.
Without your comments I would have been too careless about my case. So thanks so much for making me aware of possible risks and dangers concerning my case. The responses on my other thread already made me feel a lot better, but reading your new post reassures me even more.
I am going to follow your advice and be very careful with what I say. I will also try and do anything to prove that I didn't have any immigration intents when I entered. Just hope that it will be sufficient.

I am anxiously awaiting your next post on my case... whenever you have time.
Thanks Johnny. :)

patty579 said:
I have proof that I didn't have an immigration intent: I had a job lined up in Germany after 6 months. My parents had to send me a huge parcel with summer clothes because I thought I was going to go home after 6 months.

I am sure you have that proof to prove that you didn't have an immigrant intent. However, it is irrelevant and doesn't matter now because you have already proven otherwise after filing AOS. The posting that I am going to post in a while actually covers this issue in detail.

patty579 said:
The reason why I could travel for 6 months was because I finished my studies, my job was only in 6 months and I wanted to travel.
My husband and I knew each other for 2 years, we never really talked about marriage and only realized that we don't wanna be apart anymore, after 5 months of being together 24/7.

I understand completely why you obtained B-2 visa and there is nothing wrong in traveling for 6 months. However, what I said was that it is very unusual for someone to travel for full 6 months. At least, I've not seen anyone so far. Yes, people do travel to meet or to be with their family members for that long, but not just to travel purpose alone to see the country.

See, you have admitted now that you guys realized that you don't wanna be apart anymore especially after 5 months of being together 24/7. Then, this fact alone proves that your intention was NOT about getting to know US; rather it was to be with your boyfriend (back then).

patty579 said:
gonna be denied and will face a lifetime ban.
What am I supposed to do???

Withdraw my application, go home and do it right?

I've covered all these in my posting that I am going to post in a while.

JohnnyCash said:
Its true that being a girlfriend/boyfriend of a US citizen is NOT a problem when it comes to determine pre-intent, but the problem is-your relationship with your boyfriend (back then) seemed more than a girlfriend-boyfriend kinda relationship given the fact that you lived together for one full year, and you followed him here on B-2 visa when he had to leave the Germany. I mean, you could say that you were not engaged "officially" or "technically", but to be honest, it seems differently to ME and would seem different to any reasonable person given all the facts on the record.

Maybe I should explain that too: When I moved in with him, it was just for 2 months, because I was traveling a lot between England and Germany (due to my master's thesis) and I didn't really have a permanent place to live. Then his lease was running out and my Dad bought an apartment for me, because I finished my studies and was gonna start working and all. So I told him he could live with me until he had to go back (we haven't talked about me coming with him until like 2 months before we left). Thinking back it was more like 8 or 9 months that we had been living together, but it wasn't really because we really wanted to and planned it, rather it was out of convenience!Of course we were in love, but I guess I'd better not mention that.
Yeah, it developed into a pretty serious relationship, but then we had never talked about marriage yet, I mean we were just going out for 2 years in total.

patty579 said:
I thought that the lady at Infopass was an IO and would know. How was I supposed to know that she would ruin my life by giving me wrong info??

The lady at InfoPass was an Immigration Information officer who works on desk to answer general question. Everyone who works for INS, they call them-IO. Funny, eh?

She was not an adjudication officer so her to know the legality of the matter.

Noone in the INS is allowed to give legal advise. It is against the law even though some officers do that all the times. They should not have done so. They could get in a big tourble if someone reports them about giving legal advise. They are allowed to give only a procedural information.

About her ruining your life, then have you ever tried to read the horrible stories on many other forums of this site and other sites as well wherein it is well documented how wrongly advise these so-called "IO" give?

patty579 said:
I can't stop crying, so upset. What are we supposed to do now?

Don't be. I already told you what you should say to the officer about your relationship-history.

If ever something would go wrong in your case, I can recommend you to one of immigration attorneys in your area who will handle your case free of charge in appeal process. She is a very aggressive attorney and never has lost any case with the INS so far. So, don't worry too much.

Well she didn't really give me legal advice. All she said was that it would not matter for us if we did K1 or AOS. She said the only difference was that for AOS we would have to get married now and I could stay here with my husband.
I mean who would choose being apart from the loved one if one could stay with them?!

Patty,

This is the posting that I was working on during my free time after reading your concerns on another thread. I am going to post it here than on another thread so that everything could stay in one place.

I've read all the postings on that thread and am aware of your concerns too. I am also fully aware of Cherr's situation as Cherr and I had a long discussion about her situation a long time ago. I don't wish you to stress out by my information/opinion; rather I believe that it would be better for you to know all the cards on the table. I can also give you a positive and encouraging uplifting, but tell me what is more important to you-a positive and encouraging uplifting or an accurate information?

I’m sure you know that every adjudication officer is different and individual. It's same like you and I are different. Some officers are easy-going than others. Some use their discretionary authority to override a situation/problem, while others don't. Some follow everything (even little-little things) by the rules, while others don't mind bending rules sometimes. Some approve the application right on the spot, while others want their supervisor to approve it so that they could clean their hands off. Some officers take their job seriously, while others don't; otherwise Mohammad Atta (the leader of 9/11 terrorists) had not received an approval on his student visa application after the six months of his death. I mean, even a 7 yrs old child knew who was Mohammad Atta after 9/11 incident but obviously some USCIS officers didn’t when they approved his student visa application after 6 months of his death.

Having said all this, you cannot expect the outcome of your case with other people's outcome. And it could also be possible that you will not be asked anything (not even a single document to prove the bonafide of your marriage). But then just ask yourself seriously that can you take a chance to ruin your immigration life in this country for good without being knowing EVERYTHING on how to protect yourself first? I mean, what would happen if you would get interviewed by an officer who might be having a bad day on the day of your interview or who would be very serious about his job? Do you honestly think officer then let you go that easily as if there is nothing wrong on this ‘pre-intent’ issue?

I'm not here to scare you off, nor I'm here to give you a misleading information. Rather, I am here to give you a right and correct information even though it might seem scary at times. Besides, I better give you a right and accurate information than being an encouraging buddy. There is nothing wrong being an encouraging buddy but at the same time you should also know what COULD happen if something would go wrong. Further, it is my nature to protect people from any worse future happening.

You may talk and ask opinions from thousands of people over this board and other immigration boards as well about your situation. You may also choose to talk with many experienced and reputed immigration attorneys. But in the end of the day-nobody is going to give you a guarantee for everything to be okay in your case. I am not saying that you should not listen to other people, nor I'm saying that they are wrong. Rather all I'm saying is that you should do EVERYTHING to protect your interests, one way or another. Keep all the eggs in your basket so that INS cannot have anything on you to deny your case.

There are some facts in your case which are different than other people’s cases who came here on B-2 visa and were able to adjust their status successfully without any problem. Even though mostly people did not have any problem in adjusting their status despite of being previously engaged or being in a relationship with their spouse before arriving here on B-2 visa, that doesn't mean that it would be okay in your case as well. I mean, just because adjudication officers did not pay that much attention to this crucial fact in other people’s cases, that doesn't mean that the adjudication officer wouldn't pay any attention to this fact in your case as well. Can you (or anyone else for that matter) say anything for sure on this?

You have to understand that every person claims that s/he had no immigrant intention when they obtained and arrived here on a non-immigrant visa, but then 79% of them miraculously changed their mind after some time later of their arrival. Don’t you think its strange? I am not saying that you are one of them, rather all I’m saying of how USCIS think about this issue in general. Show me just one person who has openly admitted that s/he arrived here with immigrant intent. So, your argument with INS (even with federal courts on appeal) won’t sustain.

You have said that you had the intent of going back to your country after your trip to the US because you had job lined up there, but the fact is-you did not go despite of that. Plus, B-2 visa is issued after knowing that person has some ties with their home country as a reason to return back. So, telling to INS that you had this and that won’t do nothing. Why? Because that’s why you were issued a B-2 visa at first place because consular officer determined that you had strong ties in Germany to return back there after a trip to US even though US Consulate did not ask you anything on this.

Secondly, the fact still remains the same that you did not go back despite of being having all those strong ties. So, the argument of having this and that in Germany at that time as to a reason to prove your intention otherwise won’t do any good when you have already proven otherwise after filing AOS which proves that those ties were not strong enough for you to going back.

Someone has provided you a link in another thread to tell you that it should not be a problem in your case. This is the link-

http://www.britsintheus.com/marriednhappy/timeline-aos.htm.

Just want you to know that this a very old case, and I personally know this couple as I helped them at one time on another site.

You should also know that a determination of pre-intent is made based upon putting together all the circumstantial evidences on the record than reading someone’s mind. Of course, every immigrant would deny about having any pre-intention to migrate here, then why INS has denied so many cases so far on this ground?

My best friend’s mom was denied a green card under this ground and she is facing a lifetime bar because of misrepresenting to US govt. There is a waiver available to overcome this bar, but the immigrant must have to have a spouse or parent who is either a US citizen or a LPR. Her parents died a long time ago and her husband has died too. And she cannot get waiver based upon children, so she is alone by herself in Sweden while all of her children are here. She cannot even come here on a tourist visa or by using Visa Waiver privilege being a Swedish citizen because of this bar. Of course, she could file a waiver (forgiveness) if she gets married with someone from here, but she doesn’t want to marry someone just for a green card. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that people do get denial on this ground as I know so many of them. It all depends upon the adjudication officer. Some officers try to find even a little-little ground to deny an application.

You have said that you did not tell about your boyfriend when you applied for a visa and they did not ask you about him either, but you could have mentioned about him in your application for a visa as application for nonimmigrant visa does ask if you have any friend or someone else in the US and whom you are traveling with and etc. No need me mention that you traveled with him when you came here. As a matter of fact, someone has provided a link in another thread which contains the same information about pre-intent that I've provided. I think this is the link-

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/touristvisa.html

There is nothing wrong to be an "item" and living together prior to coming here on a B-2 visa, but in your case-facts prove that your were more than an "item". Thus, your argument won’t sustain that you were just in a relationship other than being engaged or something more than that because living together for ONE FULL YEAR (aside from knowing each other for 2 yrs) and then following with the person to US together when he had to leave the Germany and then marrying with him here (than marrying in Germany) then all these facts could be used by INS to make a strong case against you about having pre-intent in your part.

If you withdraw your application or if your application gets denied, you will be out of status immediately and would be subjected to detention if INS ever catch you. After the denial or withdrawing of AOS, you will start accumulating the illegal period from the time when your I-94 was expired despite of previously filed AOS.

There is no need to withdraw your application. I personally don’t think that your application will be denied. Why? Then there are many reasons for that. First, adjudication officers don’t spend so much time in a case as they really have no time. That’s why they wrap up a case within 10-20 minutes by asking some information here and there very quickly. So obviously, they won’t go thru every single information piece by piece in your case to pull the hair, especially the information on the form G-325A.

And even if officer would notice on G-325A that you guys lived together in Germany, then you should say that he was just renting your father’s place where you lived too. You don’t have to say that you guys actually “lived together”.

About your relationship history with him, then you could say that you were seeing him but nothing was serious. Tell them that otherwise you had already married with him in Germany or could have come over here on a Visa Waiver privilege and could have gotten married here quickly than waiting for 5 months after the arrival. I am telling you all this just to prepare you for a worst scenairo in case you get a toughy officer who might get interested in knowing more about this before starting a big mess in your case. The key point is-don’t admit that you were serious in a relationship with him before arriving here on B-2.

Again, it is my view that people should know all the pros and cons than only pros. That's why I explained about this pre-intent issue, which adjudication officers look for most to deny a AOS. Just because people have not heard about those denial, doesn't mean those denial don't exist. Ask to any experienced immigration attorney to know about those denial. Again, I can also give you a positive and encouraging uplifting but I am not here for those; rather I'm here to give an accurate and correct information that I know.

I hope all this helps.

Yes, it helps a lot. Thank you very much for your advice. As I said, you made me aware of possible risks and problems and we can prepare ourselves better now.
That was very very valuable and I am so grateful that you spent all this time to help me.
:)