FOIA question,

Con_File_Feb

Registered Users (C)
How much time does it take to get the requested copies once you have filed the FOIA.

I have send the FOIA request on 10/01/04, just to see what my lawyer has filed.

Con_File_Feb
Can you please share ther process of filing for FOIA (or point me to an already existing thread)? Appreciate it.

Con_File_Feb said:
How much time does it take to get the requested copies once you have filed the FOIA.

I have send the FOIA request on 10/01/04, just to see what my lawyer has filed.

It takes around 2-3 months time frame once they receive it.

I agree with you. I lost couple of months in the process by sending it to nearest service center. My case is at vermont but I am residing at Bay area CA. I sent the request to San Jose, the nearest service center per USCIS site, who returned it after about 2 weeks stating it should go to San Francisco. I sent it to SFO, who returned it back saying it should go to Vermont.

Finally, Vermont was the right place who were able to meet my request. Vermont got it in June end and I got the documents Mid Sept.

Hope that would help.

Want GC Soon said:
I dont think that can you send it to any nearest USCIS, you need to send it to the Service Center where you have filed your case.

Thank You friends, for this information. I did the right thing posting here. I do not want to wast time. I wanted to know what lawyer did and decide to refile with differenct company again. I want to really know about my case immed.
Can you please send me the address of Vermont to send.

GC_GoneCase said:
I agree with you. I lost couple of months in the process by sending it to nearest service center. My case is at vermont but I am residing at Bay area CA. I sent the request to San Jose, the nearest service center per USCIS site, who returned it after about 2 weeks stating it should go to San Francisco. I sent it to SFO, who returned it back saying it should go to Vermont.

Finally, Vermont was the right place who were able to meet my request. Vermont got it in June end and I got the documents Mid Sept.

Hope that would help.

Can somebody, who has already send FOIA. confirm this address to send to Vermont Service center.

Is it
1. (This address I took from FOIA website http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/foia/request.htm)
Mailing Address:
St. Albans Office
64 Gricebrook Road
St. Albans, VT 05478

Or
2. (This one from you 140 Receipt)
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
Saint Albans, VT 05479-0001

Thanks in Advance, Please let us know the right address.

Pareshan4GC said:
GC_GoneCase,
Can somebody put the exact address for Vermont FOIA application

I sent to addres 2 above e.g. 75 Lower Welden Street adrdress.

I got the documents also from the same address.

Con_File_Feb said:
Can somebody, who has already send FOIA. confirm this address to send to Vermont Service center.

Is it
1. (This address I took from FOIA website http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/foia/request.htm)
Mailing Address:
St. Albans Office
64 Gricebrook Road
St. Albans, VT 05478

Or
2. (This one from you 140 Receipt)
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
Saint Albans, VT 05479-0001

Thanks in Advance, Please let us know the right address.

I was also under same doubt, since I was doing FOIA, and it is mentioned that (Item 1) if you are doing FOIA no need to do section 7, which about notarize. So I do not do.
Is that correct ?

rbamara said:
Hi,

Do we need to notarize the form g-639?

Thanks,
rbamara

Con_File_Feb said:
I was also under same doubt, since I was doing FOIA, and it is mentioned that (Item 1) if you are doing FOIA no need to do section 7, which about notarize. So I do not do.
Is that correct ?

YOU NEED TO GET IT NOTARIZED.. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

I haven't recieved the papers, but I got the confirmation letter that they have recieved the request and gave me one tracking number.
So, I am just waiting for that to recieve.

shankar123 said:
Hi Con_file_feb,
Did you get ur papers back? how long did it take?
Thanks
Shankar123
;)

Hi Con_file_feb,
I wish you the very best of luck. Incidentally, does your control number belong to the range 2004007*** (mine is in that range).Lets keep in touch and see when we get our papers.
shankar123

Control number is just for reference. You cannot initiate any query on the control number provided to you. All we can do is to wait and receive. Good Luck

shankar123 said:
Hi Con_file_feb,
I wish you the very best of luck. Incidentally, does your control number belong to the range 2004007*** (mine is in that range).Lets keep in touch and see when we get our papers.
shankar123

Well I have send one to my local office, before I know that we have to send to Vermont.
So, I have recieved 2 letters from them, one giving the Control number ESC20040072** and other stating that they found a duplicate and they are closing the second request. (This proves that my first request it taken and also that somebody has done some better coding......:) ....). Just wait and see.
Hopefully in mean time EB2 will be starting moving and get good news on 140.