FOIA: Got Letter From USCIS

jambalakadi1

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks
As you all know I appled for FOIA :p aroung 1st week of March 2005.
Today I got a letter from FOIA stating that they have received a request from me and explainging me about the fees (max of $25.00).
I sent my request to NSC But I got the letter from NBC (national benefitscenter). They also gave me Reference# starts with NBCXXXXXX
and also a phone# to call. I did not get the Labor copies though.

Did anyone got any letter like this? DO I have to do anything.

Once cool thing is they mentioned in their letter that I can get all copies in a CD. for ordering CD I have to call them. :D

I will post more info tonight.

phone#

The Phone bumber is 816-350-5570.
Fax# 816-350-5785

correction: the ref# is NRCXXXXXXXXX and this letter did not originated from NBC as I said befor.

here is what letter says (main points)

PO box 648010
Lee's Summit , MO 64064

"Additionally, we respond to request on first-in, first-out basis and multi-track system. With this system we consider each request according to the complexity and volume so that requesters with a simple and quick response do not wait for extended periods of time while we review complex voluminous requests. Because of the nature of your request we have placed your request on the simple track.

The office is now availabe to offer you the option of having your records copied to a CD for your in PC. your records can be viewd on your computer screen and can be printed onto paper. Only records 15 pages or more are eligible for CD printing. Attorneys automatically receive CDs, unless they contact us to request paper copies. Once an attorney has requested paper copies, all future responsive records will ve provided via paper - there is no need to call again. For individuals( i.e non-attorneys) please call our office at (816) 350-5570 to order your record on CD. Once you request your records on either CD or paper, all future records will be furnished in the format you have requested."

jambalakadi1,

That is a very good news indeed. If anyone calls and applies on the number that you listed can we get info immediately? I applied last week but I am not ready to wait for 4 months like you. I really do not have that much time.

thanks

I dont think that will work. without reference# they cant help you. you need to send a written request using FOIA form and it will take 4-5 months as many people are applying now a days even if they dont have real reason to apply.

FOIA request is sent to below address:

National Records Center
FOIA Division
P.O. Box 648010
Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-5570
as posted by"ambalakadi1" is
Phone bumber is 816-350-5570.
Fax# 816-350-5785
The reciept starts with NRC becase it is sent by National Records Center

I got a similar letter from NRC. I had mailed my request to VSC on June 8th, which they received on June 10th. I received a letter on July 14th saying that they received my request on July 1st. I have no idea how long it's going to take from here.

BAD News for FOIA requesters

I called FOIA number. The CSR told me that mine is in queue and there are 32,000 requests ahead of me..And they are only processing ONLY 5000 a month.

Today I called the NRC Number (816-350-5570) to enquire about the status of my FOIA application request. CSR told me that my records have been located and have been scanned digitally. Now they are in queue to be printed and mailed out. According to her this queue is heavily backlogged and it's taking somewhere between 10-11 months to process a request. So I should expect my records to be mailed out to me sometime in March 2006.