Florida District Offices Experiences.Family based cases.

Re:Orlando office processing dates

Flyer729 said:
I just checked on the USCIS website and the orlando office processing dates was OCT 2003. How accurate is this? Does anyone knows if this is true? They were processing July 2003 just a month ago.

Thanks,

The processing date is not always exact dates. It is just a rough idea of the cases being processed and if someone’s ND has passed the processing date without the case being adjudicated. Then you'll have the chance to contact them.
Some cases with December date might be in processing now.
Don’t forget that the processing dates were not updated last month and it was updated twice this month.
Jacksonville processing date is February 22nd and I know someone with April date that is already approved. Unfortunately, Orlando D.O is useless, though they are claiming they are doing overtime to reduce their backlog.

Interview letter received!

Oh, God, I received right now(December 31 )on mail my interview letter for March 09, 2006 at Tampa DO.
I am so excited I am not able even to read all the items which I have to take with me :)
But I will do after the New Year Eve party.......

Happy New Year for all!!!

Status

Sommerbeam said:
Davidyoung,

What was your status before you got married and applied for AOS?

Sommerbeam,
I came to the states on B1,but I was out of status when I actually filed for AOS. You can always file AOS if you're married to USC and have evidence that you were admitted into US legally.

Bio Appointment After EAD

I got biometrics appointment after getting my EAD in the mail.My district office is Orlando, but went to Jacksonville D.O when I could not get the infoPass appointment done with Orlando D.O in Dec '05.
Jacksonville D.O allowed me to do fingerprinting for my 485 and 765. I was told my 765 was already approved and I got it in the mail after Xmas.
Now, I got a biometrics appointment notice dated 30th of Dec at Orlando Application support center.
I am somehow confused, I'm not sure if I should go ahead and do the biometrics again or just ignore the appointment notice. I'm leaning more towards going for the biometrics appointment again to be on the safer side.
I will appreciate it if I can get advice or if someone have similar situation like me to share experience.

Davidyoung

Orlando Approval????????

Anyone with approval from Orlando or any of the Florida District office. Please share your experience with the forum.
Orlando seems to be moving at snails pace, only God can help applicants at the D.O.

Orlando Do

Hi David Young:

Yes you are right! Orlando is a "snail office". But they are improving! 6 months ago it took the Orlando DO 3 years to approve a case. Now it only takes 2 years and 3 months. I know...it is still very slow. But what i heard they hired more interviewers and they are getting help from other DO's. So, may be you are lucky and you only have to wait a year instead of 3 years.
I just got my interview letter for 03/16/2006. My ND is 01/09/2004. I will keep you posted about my experience!! Hang in there!!! I know how you feel :)

Hello, it's me again .. in WEST PALM BEACH, FL :) it's been 81 days and all I got was a FP appt for i-485 on the day 62 for tomorrow 1/31/06.

I will try to get both i-765 and i-485 done but it is all up to the staff there.

got code 2 and code 3 for i-485 & i-765 even though I only had appt notice for i-485. Great experience at West Palm Beach, ASC :) and also got LUD for both in matter of hours!

Hello Fanta1

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement, I wish you all the best in your interview. Please keep us posted as things unfold.

fanta1 said:
Hi David Young:

Yes you are right! Orlando is a "snail office". But they are improving! 6 months ago it took the Orlando DO 3 years to approve a case. Now it only takes 2 years and 3 months. I know...it is still very slow. But what i heard they hired more interviewers and they are getting help from other DO's. So, may be you are lucky and you only have to wait a year instead of 3 years.
I just got my interview letter for 03/16/2006. My ND is 01/09/2004. I will keep you posted about my experience!! Hang in there!!! I know how you feel :)

Something extrange happened at the ODO

I filed my I-485 on Jan 2005 and a friend of mine filed his I-485 on late Feb 2005. I have not received anything regarding my interview date (as expected since they take so long). But my friend called me yesterday saying that his interview letter just arrived, and that the interview will be in jacksonville! He lives in Daytona and I live in Orlando, as far as I know both places are covered by the Orlando District Office. Does anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks,

Flyer

Flyer729 said:
I filed my I-485 on Jan 2005 and a friend of mine filed his I-485 on late Feb 2005. I have not received anything regarding my interview date (as expected since they take so long). But my friend called me yesterday saying that his interview letter just arrived, and that the interview will be in jacksonville! He lives in Daytona and I live in Orlando, as far as I know both places are covered by the Orlando District Office. Does anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks,

Flyer

I also live in Daytona Beach and received a notice to come for interview in Jaacsonville. It will be nice if they start transfering some cases to Jacksonville to assist Orlando in reducing it's backlog.
Jacksonville office seems to be efficient as I made infoPass appointment to have my fingerprinting done there in dec '05 and they allowed me to do the fingerprinting even without getting biometrics appointment notice from NBC.
The sub heading of my notice states " Request for Applicant to appear for initial Interview". Can somebody explain this to me, is this the regular interview letter or it meant a preliminary interview before the actual green card interview. Please help me shed light on the statement.

Davidyoung.

Interview

RareGold said:
Oh, God, I received right now(December 31 )on mail my interview letter for March 09, 2006 at Tampa DO.
I am so excited I am not able even to read all the items which I have to take with me :)
But I will do after the New Year Eve party.......

Happy New Year for all!!!

RareGold, I received a notice from NBC today and I'm somehow confused or too elated to read meaning into the heading. The sub heading of my notice states “Request for Applicant to appear for initial Interview". Can you explain this to me, is this regular interview letter or it meant a preliminary interview before the actual green card interview. Please help me shed light on the statement.

Davidyoung.

Initial Interview

Pinturicchio said:
Relax, it's the actual green card interview.

They just call it 'initial' to mess with our minds.... :)

Thanks, I am so happy as I was not expecting the interview letter and the status did not change online.
I will keep you guys posted of the developments.

My case is in Orlando, FL too. I don't know how accurate the dates are, but my lawyer told me that the Orlando office is hiring more officers to deal with the overwhelming load they have. So, that should cut the waiting time a bit. As you see lately they have progressed a little. It was about time!!!Not to put your hopes up or anything, but I hope that is really the case. :)

Flyer729 said:
I just checked on the USCIS website and the orlando office processing dates was OCT 2003. How accurate is this? Does anyone knows if this is true? They were processing July 2003 just a month ago.

Thanks,

davidyoung said:
RareGold, I received a notice from NBC today and I'm somehow confused or too elated to read meaning into the heading. The sub heading of my notice states “Request for Applicant to appear for initial Interview". Can you explain this to me, is this regular interview letter or it meant a preliminary interview before the actual green card interview. Please help me shed light on the statement.

Davidyoung.

Davidyoung,

as far as I know and read about this, every interview notice has this phrase, nothing to worry about. This is the green card interview itself. We all hope to be approved during the "initial" interview.

Good luck

davidyoung said:
Thanks, I am so happy as I was not expecting the interview letter and the status did not change online.
I will keep you guys posted of the developments.

Niether do I :) No LUD, no e-mail, no online message, either.