Five years waiting for Citizenship

aespinal

A friend from of mine from PA was interviewed and passed the test five years ago. Every time he asks about his case, they reply as "your case is actively being processed". He does not have any legal issue, the FBI indicated that they repplied to Immigration with "no criminal record." Somebody indicated that Immigration lost the papers and they don't know what to do with my friend case. What do you recommend him?

He should file 1447(b), which he has the right to do when it passed 120 days after the interview. He should ask the court itself to decide the case instead of remanding to USCIS, since the 5-year delay shows that USCIS cannot be trusted to make a timely decision on his case.

A friend from of mine from PA was interviewed and passed the test five years ago. Every time he asks about his case, they reply as "your case is actively being processed". He does not have any legal issue, the FBI indicated that they repplied to Immigration with "no criminal record." Somebody indicated that Immigration lost the papers and they don't know what to do with my friend case. What do you recommend him?

As noted above, it has been more than long enough time since the interview and he can file a 1447(b) lawsuit now.

If he has not done that already, it is also a good idea for him to contact the two U.S. Senators for his state and the member of the U.S. House of Representatives for the area where he lives and ask them for help. Sometimes external intervention of this kind is enough to dislodge a stalled USCIS case.

I don't believe this post. It is too ridiculous to suggest that anyone seriously pursuing naturalization would let things slide for five years. There is too much information missing.