Fishy - Registering at USCIS website triggering the movement on cases

I don't think so.

I-485 is not updated when EAD is approved, at least not in our case. Me and my spouse got EAD renewals last month and our last update on I-485s still shows the more than a year old first FP dates.

Like everything else that USCIS does.......its very hard to formulate a theory. Nevertheless, we will do what all we could whether it helps or not.

-Sanga.

Originally posted by NJ1485MM
I registered today, I think last updated gives some indication, that your has been touched for some reason. My I485 has last update of 4/15/2004, I guess it is for EAD approval.

Last updated date

If this date has any meaning, then I should worry.

My I-485 gives last updated date as Mar 01. I did my first FP on Mar 09. Shouldn't the date have changed to some later date? ALso, the online case status page still shows that they mailed the FP notice on Feb 27, etc.

Should I call them or something?

Thanks
J

Originally posted by whats_in_name
You know people

This post reminds me of Lord Ganesh and the milk offering incident in India

Quite hilarious and a very prompt one. Yes it does remind us of that. Sadly I too registered as I stood in that big queue to see ganesha offering milk....

What a shame to this bunch of (supposedly) learned people?

I am in the same boat

jrao124,

My last updated is one day after the receipt date. There is no mention of FP although I have completed it on Feb 22nd 2003. I wonder if there is any thing we need to do.

I think that the feature is new, and because you are the first ones to register, the dba or someone else is doing some beta-testing, and the database shows that your case has been "touched".

Rsur,
If U decide to do something, pls let me know. Also, let me know the response. I have no idea what to do.
Thanks
J

Adding fuel to fire...

Who ever contacted senator or congressman, please put add your thoughts on "last update"....

Really fishy or may not mere coincident...

My ND is 11/21/03 for I-485, EAD and AP, last 4 month there was no activity on my application status. Yesterday I registered on BCIS website and selected my portfolio. BINGO!!!, here they go, issued RFE for my EAD and AP application. Don't know the content for the RFE yet, waiting for the mail man to deliver it.

once I get it, I'll keep updating...

cheers:) :)

Registration, activity and approval.. so on..

Guys,

I registered the first day when the site came out. For both 485 and pending AP for 3 of us in family. The last activity date is June 30th 2003, which has nothing to do with anything related to my case.. but don't know why..

Also contacted senator on Wed. Today they called me back saying they heard from USCIS that the application is delayed and I'll get 2FP notice in 30-60 days.

Well.. nothing of this changed my status or activity date etc.. so far.. let's see if they wake up and do something nice on Monday morning.. :cool: :cool: :D

believe or not, I registered on April 20, today, I got email notice about issuing a RFE. I don't want to believe there are something fishy, but it is very strange.

anyway, I am happy that my case moved to the next step. Does RFE mean my case have less chance to transfer to local office for an interview?

Just a coincedence

I don't belive this has anything to do with registring at USCIS website.
I registered and nothing changed so far with my case.
I didn't even get an email saying that you been registered.
VSC does random processing so it is hard to predict anything

Originally posted by GCJhalak
Guys Guys .... Gals Gals ...

Please Please don't spread meaningless rumours ...... and baseless allegations .... Why your case will be touched if your register on USCIS site ...... think ... just think ....

Don't attribute the regular changes to registering @ USCIS site which were anyway going to happen even if you wouldn't have registered ..... Do you say that ... if somebody who won't register his/her case will have to wait an eternal period ???? ridiculous ...

Don't give false hopes to others ... or mislead them ....

This sort of mere coincidence and utter lack of thinking, blind beliefs made many normal, stupid, lunatic, money craving people divine ..... back in India ...

.... don't start that stupidity on this site ..... think logically ...
don't you think the RFEs, Approvals, FPs, EAD Aprovals etc were happening before even this option was NOT provided by USCIS ???? ....

Sorry if I've offended somebody .... but think logically ....

I agree . It is just useless to think that registering triggers anything. How many people have called Customer service already...did something happend for them?

Registered on 20th

I registered on 20th and NOTHING yet....no change in anything. EAD RD is Nov 17th 2003...nothing on that either..so there is no correlation betwen status change and registering

* Note on "Last Updated" date:
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cut and copied the above message from USCIS, when I registered just now. It is at the bottom of 'My portfolio' page. My guess is their system might run a batch process everyday to get a list of cases eligible (eg:- RD before JIT processing date, FP done, name check cleared etc) and if your case falls in this list, last updated date gets updated too.

Note:- IT IS JUST MY GUESS......

Registered on 20th my EAD was approved on 29th

Registered on 20th my EAD was approved on 29th...but I dont think thats because of the registration..My EAD was long overdue - RD nov 17.