Fishy - Registering at USCIS website triggering the movement on cases

Originally posted by gc4health
My I140 was approved on monday ( 4/19/04). I registered on sunday night , again I am not sure the registration triggered anything. However its always better to get registered as we can bypass the periodic status checking.

Thanks

How do you guys know that your applications are really approved ? It appears to me that you are seeing wrong messages (not your fault, but the system fault). When you guys tell us that you have registered yesterday and today you got approved, then are you telling us after checking the phone message also ? Please post the details about your phone messages also.

dsatish -

I thought in the same line as yours.

1. I got the e-mail
2. I checked the online status
3. I checked the telephone MSG

Then only I got some relief that mine was approved.

If there is error in the system it should be reflected to 485 too, which it did not. No messages or updates on my 485 case and 7th extension of my H1

-- Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So I understand that CIS will approve only if you sign up for case status. Is it new policy of CIS or any undocumented policy of CIS?

Weird!

Very unusual, unlikely, and unfortunate if that is the case. However, it doesn't hurt to registe & see what happens.

this maybe one of USCIS way of finding out which applicants are still interested in their GC's and actively check their status!!!

Guys,
I was trying to register, but when I click the
Create/Edit customer portfolio account

its going to terms and conditions page and below its all blank.

how to register?

thanks in advance

yedati

Guys Guys .... Gals Gals ...

Please Please don't spread meaningless rumours ...... and baseless allegations .... Why your case will be touched if your register on USCIS site ...... think ... just think ....

Don't attribute the regular changes to registering @ USCIS site which were anyway going to happen even if you wouldn't have registered ..... Do you say that ... if somebody who won't register his/her case will have to wait an eternal period ???? ridiculous ...

Don't give false hopes to others ... or mislead them ....

This sort of mere coincidence and utter lack of thinking, blind beliefs made many normal, stupid, lunatic, money craving people divine ..... back in India ...

.... don't start that stupidity on this site ..... think logically ...
don't you think the RFEs, Approvals, FPs, EAD Aprovals etc were happening before even this option was NOT provided by USCIS ???? ....

Sorry if I've offended somebody .... but think logically ....

Originally posted by GCJhalak
Guys Guys .... Gals Gals ...

Please Please don't spread meaningless rumours ...... and baseless allegations .... Why your case will be touched if your register on USCIS site ...... think ... just think ....

Don't attribute the regular changes to registering @ USCIS site which were anyway going to happen even if you wouldn't have registered ..... Do you say that ... if somebody who won't register his/her case will have to wait an eternal period ???? ridiculous ...

Don't give false hopes to others ... or mislead them ....

This sort of mere coincidence and utter lack of thinking, blind beliefs made many normal, stupid, lunatic, money craving people divine ..... back in India ...

.... don't start that stupidity on this site ..... think logically ...
don't you think the RFEs, Approvals, FPs, EAD Aprovals etc were happening before even this option was NOT provided by USCIS ???? ....

Sorry if I've offended somebody .... but think logically ....

No you are not offending anybody.

But you miss the picture my friend. USCIS HAS NO LOGIC AT ALL.

IT IS LAS VEGAS AND ALL OF US ARE TRYING OUR LUCK... HE/SHE WHO IS LUCKY WINS...

LOSERS LIKE US HAVE TO WAIT!!!!

THAT IS ALL TO IT....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

There may be a correlation

After registering, my I-140 got approved . The gap was 2 days between registering and getting approved. I might add that my RD was in the range that was currently being processed, so it might be a mere co-incidence.
But why not be optimistic.:)

Just FYI.

Last updated Dates haven't changed today. It was changing since monday 4/19.

Guys, let's not fight about this stuff.

Everybody has right to "FREEDOM of SPEECH".:)

Re: There may be a correlation

Originally posted by vi00
After registering, my I-140 got approved . The gap was 2 days between registering and getting approved. I might add that my RD was in the range that was currently being processed, so it might be a mere co-incidence.
But why not be optimistic.:)

Reading the postings here, i am 100% sure that there is a link/correlation between registering at the web site and seeing the approval message. The only thing i do not trust at this time is "How real is that message ? " Is there a bug in the system that is causing status change ? I think that we will know the answer in a week's time . Those who get actual approval copies, after seeing the status change (immediately after registering ), please post about your experiences. I will wait for 3 more days to register because I will be completing 18 months in I485 queue within 3 days. A that time, i have a legitimate right to ask for status.

Originally posted by tufan
Just FYI.

Last updated Dates haven't changed today. It was changing since monday 4/19.

Fanshan, if you are reading this...
any movements on your "last updated dates"?

Re: Re: There may be a correlation

Originally posted by dsatish
Reading the postings here, i am 100% sure that there is a link/correlation between registering at the web site and seeing the approval message. The only thing i do not trust at this time is "How real is that message ? " Is there a bug in the system that is causing status change ? I think that we will know the answer in a week's time . Those who get actual approval copies, after seeing the status change (immediately after registering ), please post about your experiences. I will wait for 3 more days to register because I will be completing 18 months in I485 queue within 3 days. A that time, i have a legitimate right to ask for status.

I already fell for this dstaish. I have registered.

An excellent example of what people can do when they are desparate !!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

I would like to give my experience on this.

I registered three days before with my 3rd EAD renewal case number.

Since my I485 was approved on Jan. 2004, I received a notice from USCIS that my I765 was denied base on the fact that my I485 has already been approved. The interesting thing to note is that the "Last Updated" date is exactly the date the notice.

So it seems to me that "Last Updated" does give some useful information on your pending case.

from what I see, the 'last update date" is a very useful information . It's the latest date CIS touch your case. could be moved to a new staging area or finish certain step.

in my case the 'last update date' is date I was told before from local service that CIS touched my case. Too bad it hasn't changed for 7 months :mad: :mad:

Hi
I have registered too
My Last Update Date is shown as of my 1st FP back in June 2002
I alreday recievd by 2nd FP call scheduled for May.
then Should not be my Last Update Date be when they send me 2nd FP

Thanks

I registered today, I think last updated gives some indication, that your has been touched for some reason. My I485 has last update of 4/15/2004, I guess it is for EAD approval.

Here is my EAD related info.

Message On:20Apr04 (LastUpdate 19Apr04)
On April 19, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready

Message on:22Apr04 (LastUpdate 22Apr04)
Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On April 21, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.