Fishy - Registering at USCIS website triggering the movement on cases

sam012007

Registered Users (C)
Fishy - Registering at USCIS website triggering the movement on cases?

Something fishy about this, is registering at USCIS website triggering the movement on cases?

I got my RFE after one day of registering...

One of my friend got his RFE after 2 days of registering...

One of my friend got approval on his H1B after 1 day of registering...

Something is going on guys....

Share your comments in this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same too

I got RFE for me and my spouse I-485.

And today I got approval of my EAD. somthing is fishy and good.. ppl.. register it.

Originally posted by sam012007
Something fishy about this is registering at USCIS website triggering the movement on cases.

I got my RFE after one day of registering...

One of my friend got his RFE after 2 days of registering...

One of my friend got approval on his H1B after 1 day of registering...

Something is going on guys....

Share your comments in this thread!

I wish I had that problem :mad: Case has not been touched since FP1 results 18 months ago...

Re: Re: Fishy - Registering at USCIS website triggering the movement on cases

Originally posted by Milko_Djurovski
I wish I had that problem :mad: Case has not been touched since FP1 results 18 months ago...

Register the website... and see the change in few days.... ;)

I Registered.. . case not touched in 8 months...

:-(

i think... they put my all papers in a nice box and locked that .. and sadly they lost the key
.... and badly they don't know what to do with that box now.. !

Originally posted by dashDurai
I Registered.. . case not touched in 8 months...

:-(

i think... they put my all papers in a nice box and locked that .. and sadly they lost the key
.... and badly they don't know what to do with that box now.. !

EBAY the box ;)

Just kidding... hopefully you will see some movement soon..
Look at me how much energy I got after getting RFE... You will get the same feeling soon.

Sam, i am with you.

however, my RFE was received on apirl 16th.
and since then "last updated is change everyday".

it's giving more butterflies.

Re: Re: Re: Fishy - Registering at USCIS website triggering the movement on cases

Originally posted by sam012007
Register the website... and see the change in few days.... ;)

I did :p ... on Monday... I was expecting a hand delivered green card by now :cool:

Guys, please stop spreading rumours and giving false hope to people. You, all know that movement on the case is nothing to do with registering on their website.

Please Please guys, just stop it.

What's in name, you are right!

It's just the co-incidence and that's how i look at it. Just like how people come with approvals and say that they used expedite or contacted a senator few days back.

Things had to happen like that therefore, it's just the matter of time it's happening at the same time people have registered on the website!

however, i swear to god, i am not giving false hopes to people.
My "last updated" changes everday since they got my RFE on friday.

It may not be a rumour

I have the following experience and i feel it has to do with me registering at the USCIS website.

I got finger printed on the 27th Feb and my wife got finger printed on March 1st this year.

The message has changed for my wife as "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case." but in my case nothing changed until yesterday until i registered on the USCIS web site i got change in the status as "the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review."

I strongly feel that this has happened because of my registration at the site.

Pruma,

Did you get any email notifications after update of online message?
Because the way i interpret the "last updated message on bottom of the portfolio is that anytime online message changes we get email notifications otherwise, if only last updated date changes then we only get movements of the dates!!!!

Tufan,

Immediatly after i registered with USCIS i got 4 similar email messages on my case update. I do not know why they sent my 4 emails?

The USCIS website also shows my portfolio has been updated on the 20th April 04. So i have every reason to believe that i got the status updated due my registration on the USCIS site.

Guys, believe it or not we can see atleast 5-6 cases here in this thread itself that got some movement immidiately after registering the Site...

Defintely something going on!

ead approved the day I registered

I got 6 emails last night thet my EAD renewal was approved. Not too sure if this was because I registered sometime early yesterday. IF that is the case hope my 485 is also approved soon

Selection bias

In the interest of reducing the problem of selection bias in this exercise, let me state that I created an account on Monday, and absolutely nothing has happened on my case since then.

My I140 was approved on monday ( 4/19/04). I registered on sunday night , again I am not sure the registration triggered anything. However its always better to get registered as we can bypass the periodic status checking.

Thanks