First time H1 stamping on a replacement passport

anandc

Hi,
I was on OPT till May 2002. Got my H1 approval in May 2002, before the OPT expired. Got a fresh I-94 with the H1 approval. I lost my passport after i started on my OPT I have a valid replacement passport that was issued by the Indian Consulate at SF. I work in a small company (about 60 pple) with healthy revenue and good prospects. I tried to get a drop box but was refused that on the automated service for Delhi Consulate and instead was asked to take an appointment. Here are my questions :
1) Was i ever out of status because i didn't have my passport and I-94 on me. I had a valid OPT card with me all the time and the I-20 too.
2) Is the risk for H1 stamping rejection compounded, have any cases been rejected just for having a replacement passport, when the lost passport has US Visa stamped on it ? This concern stemmed from the fact that one of the questions on the web site specifically asked for lost passport with US Visa and refused me drop box on that basis.
Any help from Jim and other Guru's will help me a lot.
thnx
Anand

No Risk

there might be other issues like your name triggering something in security or your company's reputation in the consulate etc. not definitely lost pasport.