First time going into the United States, any tips/advice?

AtomicDalmatian

This is the first time I'm going outside of my country and the first time I'm going to the United States. I'm travelling alone too, so I'm excited but also scared.

Everything is pretty fine but I'm scared of the CBP agents since I've heard they drag you to a dark room if you don't convince them and I don't want that happening to me. When I was getting my visa back then they rejected a lot of people before me, I even saw an old couple crying and that broke my heart, thankfully I got a visa but that left a scar in me since then. And I'm scared of that happening to me.

I'm a male in his 20s from South America. I'm entering the US through Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), anyone has any experience with that airport? Going through CBP and customs?

Tips and advice would be really helpful. Thanks and take care.

First off, take a deep breath. It's totally normal to feel nervous, especially if it's your first time traveling alone and to the US. But let me reassure you, CBP agents are there to do their job, which is to ensure the safety and security of everyone entering the country. They're not out to get you.

As long as you have all your documents in order and answer their questions honestly and confidently, you should be just fine. Thousands of people pass through LAX every day without any issues. Just follow the signs, be patient, and remember that it's all part of the travel experience. You got this!

This is the first time I'm going outside of my country and the first time I'm going to the United States. I'm travelling alone too, so I'm excited but also scared.

Everything is pretty fine but I'm scared of the CBP agents since I've heard they drag you to a dark room if you don't convince them and I don't want that happening to me. When I was getting my visa back then they rejected a lot of people before me, I even saw an old couple crying and that broke my heart, thankfully I got a visa but that left a scar in me since then. And I'm scared of that happening to me.

I'm a male in his 20s from South America. I'm entering the US through Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), anyone has any experience with that airport? Going through CBP and customs?

Tips and advice would be really helpful. Thanks and take care.
just be polite :D