Fingerprints TRACKER - CSC

oneGc:

my 1st FP was done 2 months ago, I might need to do 2nd FP for biometrics.

since I moved after filing 140/485, I am a little bit worried about the possibility of lossing FP notice.

did you file address change with CSC?
where did they send your FP notice, old or new address?

Thanks,

ltiger

Apollo_13 said:
Check with your attorney. Usually attorney also receive a copyof FP notice(courtesy copy).

Hi Apollo_13,

I checked with my lawyer through my HR. The girl (or lady) at HR said lawyers did not receive any copy. She also said that worst case my case will be doomed as "abandoned" and at that time we can fight with USCIS!

Should I go to the local USCIS center (where I did FP before) and ask them if they have gotten any notification for my Biometrics?

This fingerprinting issue is giving me sleepless nights. I want to find an end to this worry of mine :confused:

Does anybody know if FBI initiates name check once you did FP? Or FBI won't start the process until 140 is approved?

master_chari said:
Hi Apollo_13,

I checked with my lawyer through my HR. The girl (or lady) at HR said lawyers did not receive any copy. She also said that worst case my case will be doomed as "abandoned" and at that time we can fight with USCIS!

Should I go to the local USCIS center (where I did FP before) and ask them if they have gotten any notification for my Biometrics?

This fingerprinting issue is giving me sleepless nights. I want to find an end to this worry of mine :confused:

Chari,

Probably you can try going to local ASC(from where your wife received a notice) and ask them if they had sent one for you.

Have you been out of country recently, entered US, gave your index FP and photo at port of entry? If this is the case, then USCIS must be having your information in their database and did not send a biometrics notice to you.

Whatever the case, you don't have to loose sleep on this one. In the worst case, after your I-485 approval, you will have to give yout digital index FP,photo and signature at the time of Passport stamp.

Nothing to worry.

Apollo_13 said:
Chari,

Probably you can try going to local ASC(from where your wife received a notice) and ask them if they had sent one for you.

Have you been out of country recently, entered US, gave your index FP and photo at port of entry? If this is the case, then USCIS must be having your information in their database and did not send a biometrics notice to you.

Whatever the case, you don't have to loose sleep on this one. In the worst case, after your I-485 approval, you will have to give yout digital index FP,photo and signature at the time of Passport stamp.

Nothing to worry.

Apollo_13,

Thanks buddy. Actually, I did go the local center where we gave FP and where my wife gave the Biometrics. They said they do not have access to the USCIS information and so we returned back without any use of going there. I haven't given the Index or photo or signature ever anywhere else.

As a last restort, I am planning to call the Emergency number. I don't know if I can call that or not. Nor do I know if they will answer me or not. Do you think that's a good idea?

By the way, your PD looks older than mine. Also, I-485 RD is also older. What's the matter with your case? What do you think is delaying your case. I saw a guy yesterday Oct 2001 PD getting approval and sneaking out! Did you apply concurrently? If so, what is happening to your I-140. Actually, my feeling is that concurrent stuff is getting approved faster than sequential stuff!

master_chari

Last edited by a moderator:
master_chari said:
Apollo_13,
As a last restort, I am planning to call the Emergency number. I don't know if I can call that or not. Nor do I know if they will answer me or not. Do you think that's a good idea?

By the way, your PD looks older than mine. Also, I-485 RD is also older. What's the matter with your case? What do you think is delaying your case. I saw a guy yesterday Oct 2001 PD getting approval and sneaking out! Did you apply concurrently? If so, what is happening to your I-140. Actually, my feeling is that concurrent stuff is getting approved faster than sequential stuff!
master_chari

Chari,

Emergency number is meant for Attorneys only. But still sometimes, customer rep. will respond to your question. But, I don't think they can trigger your biometrics. but no harm in trying.

Regarding my case, the usual problem, still name check is pending. My I-140 was already approved.

good luck.

Apollo_13 said:
Chari,

Emergency number is meant for Attorneys only. But still sometimes, customer rep. will respond to your question. But, I don't think they can trigger your biometrics. but no harm in trying.

Regarding my case, the usual problem, still name check is pending. My I-140 was already approved.

good luck.

Apollo_13,

My goal of calling emergency number is just to find out if any biometrics is "pending" for my case. That's all.

Do you think your name is a "common" name? Or any other criteria that could make your namecheck process longer?

At least, I think mine is not common at all. Mine yields ten entries of my own name itself. Due to usage of shortened names here and there and because of staying in various states. I searched on peoplesearch.com

master_chari said:
Apollo_13,

My goal of calling emergency number is just to find out if any biometrics is "pending" for my case. That's all.

Do you think your name is a "common" name? Or any other criteria that could make your namecheck process longer?

At least, I think mine is not common at all. Mine yields ten entries of my own name itself. Due to usage of shortened names here and there and because of staying in various states. I searched on peoplesearch.com

Chari,

Any luck?

My name is not a very common name, but my last name could be.

I have no idea why its taking so much time in my case. I have seen people getting stuck in this process for over a year. Hopefully, I will not fall into this trap.

I'm in the same boat as well. I've done my FP on 03/10/05 and I got my 140 approved the same day, LUD on my 485 was on 03/16/05 and I'm still waiting for my 485 approval. I did call the toll free number and representative took my details and said I should hear in about a month.

UPDATE: GUYS, JUST CHECKED MY 485 STATUS AND THE LUD CHANGED TO 04/21/2005. HOPE TO HEAR GOOD NEWS SOON.

Apollo_13 said:
Chari,

Any luck?

My name is not a very common name, but my last name could be.

I have no idea why its taking so much time in my case. I have seen people getting stuck in this process for over a year. Hopefully, I will not fall into this trap.

IWantIt said:
I'm in the same boat as well. I've done my FP on 03/10/05 and I got my 140 approved the same day, LUD on my 485 was on 03/16/05 and I'm still waiting for my 485 approval. I did call the toll free number and representative took my details and said I should hear in about a month.

UPDATE: GUYS, JUST CHECKED MY 485 STATUS AND THE LUD CHANGED TO 04/21/2005. HOPE TO HEAR GOOD NEWS SOON.

Great !!!

Good luck to you.

I-485 Approved!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello All, I-485 for self and spouse has been approved on April 25, 2005. Just received emails from USCIS.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

Apollo's mission successful

Hurray.....

I got my I-485 emails too...Just few min. back.....

Am I day dreaming or what?

Good luck to all of you.

LUD changed to today's date.

Coooool, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Our Receipt Date & Approve Dates are the same.

Apollo_13 said:
Hurray.....

I got my I-485 emails too...Just few min. back.....

Am I day dreaming or what?

Good luck to all of you.

LUD changed to today's date.

Apollo_13,

Hearty Congratulations!

I am still debating whether I should call the number or not!

I want to be in the same boat as you are (errr... same spaceship I mean :)). Will you welcome be aboard?

master_chari

master_chari said:
Apollo_13,

Hearty Congratulations!

I am still debating whether I should call the number or not!

I want to be in the same boat as you are (errr... same spaceship I mean :)). Will you welcome be aboard?

master_chari

Chari,

Why not?

Welcome Aboard Very Soon.

Best wishes to you.

I Conquer!!!!!

Hello All, I received my Green Cards yesterday. I don't need to go for stamping anymore. What I've heard is that USCIS changed their policies towards FP effective from Jan 2005 so that they take your picture along with your Finger Prints and they'll send you the cards as soon as your I-485 is approved. So this process eliminates another step of getting your passport stamped.

Well, I can see now the life is BEAUTIFUL and world is COLORFUL.

Good Luck to every body who is waiting...

IWantIt said:
Hello All, I received my Green Cards yesterday. I don't need to go for stamping anymore. What I've heard is that USCIS changed their policies towards FP effective from Jan 2005 so that they take your picture along with your Finger Prints and they'll send you the cards as soon as your I-485 is approved. So this process eliminates another step of getting your passport stamped.

Well, I can see now the life is BEAUTIFUL and world is COLORFUL.

Good Luck to every body who is waiting...

Hi IWantIt,

Congrats dude...

Can you tell me one thing?

Did you see any LUD change/message change between your approval and receiving your card? For e.g. 1) .....card ordered.... 2) .....card mailed.....

Thanks and enjoy.

Yes, last LUD on my case was 04/29/2005. Here is the exact message that it's updated with...

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On April 28, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Apollo_13 said:
Hi IWantIt,

Congrats dude...

Can you tell me one thing?

Did you see any LUD change/message change between your approval and receiving your card? For e.g. 1) .....card ordered.... 2) .....card mailed.....

Thanks and enjoy.

IWantIt,

Thanks for the update. That was pretty quick. Let me see how long it takes in my case to get the card.

Have fun.