Fingerprints not received by FBI after 2.5 weeks - Please advise

I had the same issue - My advice is FOLLOW UP .
1. Call the service center -
2. Have them open a ticket.
3. Follow up with an Infopass .

I received an email as a response of the ticket that I had missed my FP Appmnt - so I followed up with an Infopass -

The officer at my Infopass was AWESOME ... Very detailed , and had me listen in on a conference call discussing the issue ... The only proof I had for having not missed my appmnt was the stamp on the back of the Appmnt letter. I was also told that they have never had that issue - and would follow up .

I was gived a new FP date and now back in the game .

It's frustrating that few of us constantly struggle with issues - but there is light at the end of the tunnel .

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WITH MISSING FINGER PRINTS .

To each person his own. If you want to have all the patience in the world, not be pro-active and hope everything will turn out in your favour, no problems and good luck.
But if you want everyone to follow your approach and follow it up with bad sarcasm, then the line is crossed.

I called FBI today and they still have not received the prints. So, looks like the FP's are lost as it happened to the earlier poster. Will wait 1 more week and then open a Infopass to sort it out.

To each person his own. If you want to have all the patience in the world, not be pro-active and hope everything will turn out in your favour, no problems and good luck.
But if you want everyone to follow your approach and follow it up with bad sarcasm, then the line is crossed.

Right tester! well said!

Re

good luck with your finger printing efforts.
I don't like when people try to jump queue system. Just looking at your signature, you just jumped the queue and got your finger printing done. I think USCIS should start tracking these patterns and make them wait for little longer than the people who are just following the system.
You should have just tried to do your finger printing the day you were allotted.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the system allows it, there is nothing wrong in doing it. Of course, if there are negative consequences to it, be prepared for it. I went on the alloted date and time for FP, but if someone else went earlier, I do not see anything wrong with it.

guys,

please relax, instead of getting personal, lets make best use of this site.

like everyone's life is different, their priorities are different - same is true with everyone's gc processing.

some people got lucky and got gc without any delays whereas others got stuck in backlogs and took 6 - 7 yrs to get gc.

also we need to realize we don't know when these people change laws and come up with some crazy rules, which might complicate the the processing even further, the slightest change in their laws will change lives of many.

everyone has their own reasons to be panic and I think we should respect everyone's feelings.

good luck everyone

P.S.:- I didn't mean to hurt anyone's opinion/feelings by posting this.

Thnkx

I don't like when people try to jump queue system. Just looking at your signature, you just jumped the queue and got your finger printing done. I think USCIS should start tracking these patterns and make them wait for little longer than the people who are just following the system.
You should have just tried to do your finger printing the day you were allotted.

It is your problem, srinikandi, really :)

Looking at someone's signature, you will almost never see the full details to make a sound judgment. For example, I did a walk in because normally I am very busy with my teaching and research. It happened that when I received the FP invitation it was a second half of Friday and both I and my wife were more or less free so we had time to drive to the FP facility in another city. I did not try to jump the queue. And, if you want to know, I did not really jump the queue eventhough I did FPs on 09/11 and not six days later. I know this for a fact because my FBI name check was cleared on 09/16 and I am sure the USCIS did not learn about the clearance untill a few days later.
Finally, I can add that we were not in a hurry at all. Indeed, we applied just one month before the 5th anniversary because we did not want to spoil our vacation and we could afford to wait.

Also, you have to realize that in *all* cases, the walk-ins asked for a permission from the FP facility personal to do the FPs. I do not see what is wrong with it- it is within the powers of the USCIS staff to decide whether to admit a walk-in or not. I am sure it is even written somewhere in the FP facility manual that they could admit the walk-ins if the officer is satisfied with the given explanation. If/when you become a citizen, please feel free to contact your Senator/ Representative and lobby to change the manual :)

I am sure you know that in the English language the phrase " You are too judgmental" is rarely a compliment :)

Peace and good luck with your application.

good luck with your finger printing efforts.

No one is jumping any system. Most of us have works, kids, lives to take care of. Its not like we jumped ahead in queue a year before. most times its few days ahead or a week ahead..!@#$@%!!

I called FBI two weeks after my FP and they said they never received it, so I called USCIS and they said that they were waiting for FBI to send the result. After few days, I emailed FBI and they said that my finger prints were received, processed and sent back to USCIS a day ago (so they actually got my finger prints almost 2 weeks after I had my FP taken.) This was the same case with couple of other folks as well.

Please read the following posts:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=303986
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=304188

Could someone let me know how I check whether the FBI has received my fingerprints? That would be really great. Thank you!!

Could someone let me know how I check whether the FBI has received my fingerprints? That would be really great. Thank you!!

I hate to be not so useful, but there is a telephone number floating around on one of these threads that actually has the telephone number on it. If I find it I'll post it for you.

It is your problem, srinikandi, really :)

Looking at someone's signature, you will almost never see the full details to make a sound judgment. For example, I did a walk in because normally I am very busy with my teaching and research. It happened that when I received the FP invitation it was a second half of Friday and both I and my wife were more or less free so we had time to drive to the FP facility in another city. I did not try to jump the queue. And, if you want to know, I did not really jump the queue eventhough I did FPs on 09/11 and not six days later. I know this for a fact because my FBI name check was cleared on 09/16 and I am sure the USCIS did not learn about the clearance untill a few days later.
Finally, I can add that we were not in a hurry at all. Indeed, we applied just one month before the 5th anniversary because we did not want to spoil our vacation and we could afford to wait.

Also, you have to realize that in *all* cases, the walk-ins asked for a permission from the FP facility personal to do the FPs. I do not see what is wrong with it- it is within the powers of the USCIS staff to decide whether to admit a walk-in or not. I am sure it is even written somewhere in the FP facility manual that they could admit the walk-ins if the officer is satisfied with the given explanation. If/when you become a citizen, please feel free to contact your Senator/ Representative and lobby to change the manual :)

I am sure you know that in the English language the phrase " You are too judgmental" is rarely a compliment :)

Peace and good luck with your application.

Could you let me know how you found out that the FBI had cleared your name check? I'm trying to figure out how I can find this out for myself. Thanks!

Could you let me know how you found out that the FBI had cleared your name check? I'm trying to figure out how I can find this out for myself. Thanks!

You can:

1) talk to a second level IO and politely ask if the name check was cleared. If you have a (real!) compelling story the IO may tell you about the status. The chances for this are not zero, but they are probably not very high.

2) write to your Senator/representative if you suspect that the cause for the delay was the name check. They can contact the USCIS on your behalf and learn about your name check status *if* there is indeed a significant delay.

3) write to the FBI.

When I was stuck in the green card process in 2003-2004, I used all three options. Five years ago, FBI had a dedicated email that one can use to enquire about your status. They discontinued the service because anxious applicants would send a repeat request every day/week, so the email was flooded by the requests. At first, it took them a week to reply, then it was a month, then - even more, so the situation eventually reached its logical conclusion.

You still probably can write to the FBI if you have a real case (a long delay). However, nowdays the FBI promises to process all requests within three months, so probably I would not bother. I mean if you write just, say, 2-3 months after the PD, they would probably ignore your letter. However, if you believe that you are stuck in the name check for say 5-6 months, perhaps you should try to contact the appropriate FBI department (to decide which one you can google).

Can someone pass the FBI phone number to check the FP status?

Thanks.

Calling FBI

I had my fingerprint done in Alexandria VA (Fairfax DO) on 10/23/2009. I called FBI today to check on the status and was informed that they have never received the fingerprints until now.

Is it normal not to have received the fingerprints after 2.5 weeks? I read in an earlier post that the prints are either sent the same day or a few weeks later. Is it true and if so, how many weeks would it take? Is there a USCIS number that I can call to find the status?

Any help/advise greatly appreciated

What is a normal time-frame for the fingerprints to be processed by them?