Fingerprints N-400

Leono77

Registered Users (C)
I am new in this forum. It is very valuable.
This is my situation and I would appreciate some help.
Two weeks ago, both my wife and I went to the fingerprint appointment in Oakland, California.
Checking our status online, my wife APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION has been scheduled for interview. In my case, the status is still in INITIAL REVIEW.
Can I assume that my fingerprints were rejected?
Could I either call to the FBI or try an INFO PASS? Would it help?

Thanks in advance

You can't conclude that your FPs were rejected based on the INITIAL REVIEW status online.
You can call the FBI to determine if your FPs were processed and sent back to USCIS.

Thanks for your response.
So, if the FBI tell me that my FPs were processed and sent back to USCIS, at least I could speculate that something else is pending at USCIS?
BTW, Is it easy to call the FBI? I mean Is it straightforward? Calling and say that I want to check the status of my FPs. I found this number 304 625 5590.

I just called the FBI and they told me that they received the fingerprints and sent them back the same day.
I did not ask if everything was OK. Do you think whether they could provide that information?

So, now considering that my status is "Initial Review", what are the alternatives?
1. FP rejected? New FP?
2. The "Initial Review" status is not correct?
3. What else?

Please, any comment will be very welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
If they sent them back the same day it means they successfully processed them.
Your initial review status will eventually be updated. Be patient, it can take 1 to 3 months after FP to receive interview.

Please, don't you think that there is a possibility that a second FP will be required?

I need to manage my anxiety for sure!

Leno, I'm in a similar situation. People who applied before me are getting interview already. Nothing to be nervous about or worse case scenario call uscis and ask to speak to a second officer that you have a question about your background info. You should be fine, your wife is lucky I guess, you are just like others who have to wait.

It all happens!! I don't think your fingerprints were rejected by the FBI. If at all your fingerprints were rejected, you will get the chance to go for another test without any additional fee. You need to really begin to worry if gets rejected the second time.

.If you are still rejected, then they will request the fbi to do the name check instead.

Name check is mandatory for all applicants, not just those whose FPs have been rejected twice.
Applicants who have had FP rejected twice will be asked to provide local police report from every area the applicant resided in statutory period. This is different from the FBI name check.

If I call to USCIS Customer Service (2nd Level IO) or get an INFOPASS could help me to know what my real status is?
Any experience doing that?

If I call to USCIS Customer Service (2nd Level IO) or get an INFOPASS could help me to know what my real status is?
Any experience doing that?

If your FPs have been processed by FBI, then your real status will be in queue for interview.