Fingerprinting and cut on the finger

kumar_98

Registered Users (C)
I have a small cut in my fingerprint.. Would it affect fingerprints in any way? FP is scheduled in 10 days

Unfortunately I think it will affect the fingerprints....unless it is completely healed in 10 days. I had to have my prints done twice because of 'hard to read' fingerprints. I didn't realize the prints didn't go through the second time until I was at my interview! The adjudicator surprised me by telling me they still needed a police clearance.

Hope your finger heals up quickly.

If it's not healed in 10 days, wait until it heals and then do a walk in.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's not healed in 10 days, wait until it heals and then to a walk in.

Bob, wouldn't it be advisable to request a reschedule rather than letting the FP date pass while the finger is healing? The wording on the FP notice states the case could be considered abandoned if you do not show up on the date.

Bob, wouldn't it be advisable to request a reschedule rather than letting the FP date pass while the finger is healing? The wording on the FP notice states the case could be considered abandoned if you do not show up on the date.
Rescheduling an FP takes several weeks. Doing a walk in several days after scheduled FP is an acceptable practice. In fact, the FP letter indicates what days of the week (usually Wednesday and Saturdays) the applicant can do a walk in if the original FL was missed.
As for application being abandoned for a no show FP, that only happens if you ignore FP appointment for more than 30 days after scheduled appointment.

Thanks all of you.. Its probably much ado about nothing as I tend to worry about very small things.

Cut is a superficial cut(there wasn't even a bleeding), so i am hoping skin will close up quickly and heal in 10 days

Thanks all of you.. Its probably much ado about nothing as I tend to worry about very small things.

Cut is a superficial cut(there wasn't even a bleeding), so i am hoping skin will close up quickly and heal in 10 days

Kumar,

Go to Home Depot and buy a sandpaper, for wood and gently sand down the cut...:) If the sand paper is too hard, your a regular nail clip filer to gently rub rub it until the cut is merged into the finger...:rolleyes: Apply a dry skin lotion 3 times and day, and it will be properly healed in 10 days. :eek:

I have scars from cuts on three of my left-hand fingers. A glass bottle of soda exploded in my hand while back when I was a teenager :). Anyway, I have been fingerprinted numerous times (port of entry, green card ..etc). Never had any problems even though my left-hand fingerprints are totally messed up :) ..

Kumar,

Go to Home Depot and buy a sandpaper, for wood and gently sand down the cut...:) If the sand paper is too hard, your a regular nail clip filer to gently rub rub it until the cut is merged into the finger...:rolleyes: Apply a dry skin lotion 3 times and day, and it will be properly healed in 10 days. :eek:

Do as the weird Al suggests , and also apply warm salted water to it 5 times a day.
Other option - put on a band aid on it and then go for fingerprint:D:D

Well, I would suggest take good care of it and show up ON THE DAY your fp is scheduled.
Ask the technicians BEFORE doing the fp if that is going to be problem. They are generally well versed on what USCIS accepts and what they dont ( like a mom who knows too well what her toddler wants and what not:D)
If they say there is going to be an issue, just walk away and come back again when it is healed.
no issue in just showing up on the day of your appointment to see what they say.

The lady who took my prints said that I had a lot of little cuts on my fingers that looked like paper cuts :confused:. She took the prints anyway and they were accepted so go figure...

The lady who took my prints said that I had a lot of little cuts on my fingers that looked like paper cuts :confused:. She took the prints anyway and they were accepted so go figure...

I have a feeling that i will get a similar reaction too
Thanks for all your replies guys.

I have a feeling that i will get a similar reaction too
Thanks for all your replies guys.

K,

If the ASC indicates that your cut is too severe and will affect your FP process, then simply ask the supervisor to note on the NOA for your FP that you can do a walk-in when you finger is properly healed....:) This will protect you from USCIS if they decide to deny your N400 on the basis of abandonment which they are famous for doing. :confused: I did a walk-in over the weekend, but I went there on a Friday and the supervisor wrote on my NOA that I could come on Saturday at 1pm. So, when I went on Saturday I showed the guard the handwriting of the ASC Supervisor and I was cleared to do the FP. It took me no more than 15 minutes to do all the paperwork, FP and leave the ASC.

Hi , I have 3 year old stitches mark on my right hand finger. However wound is healed completely, but still mark is there. Would it impact my Biometrics at US Visa Application center for H1-B?

People have cuts and injuries. This is common and should be in no way a disqualifier. It’s the last thing you need to worry about