Fingerprint waiting time - Newark

canada68

Registered Users (C)
I have to do my FP in Newark (Commerce St), and I have a scheduled time.

How much earlier do I need to get there? (Are there lines, etc, such that even though I have an appt that I will be denied entry?)

How long does the whole process take?

Sydney: thanks, good to know!

gcard: I believe the notice simply says to bring the notice and your passport.

30-60 minutes

I've done mine today took 30 min.
FP notice and photo-ID (passport if u don't have photo-ID) nothing else is needed.

Not Really..It takes time in Commerce St..Newark

canada68 said:
I have to do my FP in Newark (Commerce St), and I have a scheduled time.

How much earlier do I need to get there? (Are there lines, etc, such that even though I have an appt that I will be denied entry?)

How long does the whole process take?

Hello

I did mine today, and spent close to 3 hours in all including the line, and the waiting inside awaiting for your turn...and if you have the schedule in the morning and you intend to drive, leave early, traffic problems on 21 and also parking problems around there

Just carry your FP notice with any Photo-ID, you should be fine.

Good Luck

Murphy

murphy_VSC said:
Hello

I did mine today, and spent close to 3 hours in all including the line, and the waiting inside awaiting for your turn...

Murphy

How much time did it take for you for the actual process not including the line? I am asking this coz, I assume that if you are given a time in the FP notice, we don't have to stand in line. Is it not true? Thanks.

asmodean said:
How much time did it take for you for the actual process not including the line? I am asking this coz, I assume that if you are given a time in the FP notice, we don't have to stand in line. Is it not true? Thanks.

10-15 Mins max at the scan machine...precisely

Murphy

Did my FP today at Newark - NJ

Just wanted to update about my FP experience.

My Appointment was for 12 noon. I and my wife both had received the FP notice. We reached there at around 11.30 AM and stood in the line. The lady at the first table verified the date and appointment time and gaveus the form to fill in and we stood in the line with long wait.

The documents needed are your FP notice and any one of the valid photo IDs like driver lic., EAD card or passport.

After the first line the next lady verified the documents and gave us a token number. Then it was a big hall with a display showing current token number.

Here the things were moving a bit faster. Finally our token number was called and we were taken to one of the FP machines. The actual process took hardly five minutes, but the total wiating time mounted to 3 long hours.

At the end of FP the guy gave us a feedback form. Tell us how we did ?

How you did my ... :(

For a five minute ritual it took 3 hours and the end you ask me how we did ? give me a break.

But after three years wait for GC the 3 hours seemed like peanuts. Any way now that my First FP is done hope it wont take that long for the final approval.

Now some tips

- Do not go too much before your appointment time. We saw one guy was sent back because he had his time at 2.00 PM and he showed up at 12 noon.
- Yes and most important give your self extra time if you plan to drive down there and find parking nearby.
- If your wife is with you tell her to recite the directions. You can easily get lost in the "One Way" Maze there. It is quite confusing.
-----------------------------
I 140 & 485 - ND Sept 2003
1st FP notice received - Sept 24, 2004 - FP done today.

where did you park your car at Newark commerce st.? How long did it take?

I am going to take FP on 10/21. Is it difficult to find a parking near Newark ASC? For those who have been there, where did you park your car at Newark commerce st.? How long did it take for you to find parking? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer. I did my FP last week, and now I got a notice to re-appear (I guess my prints weren't dark enough?). FOUR weeks from now.

I called, and they said that they can't reschedule for any earlier. From a post in this thread, I see they turn people away for being 2 hours early. I guess 4 weeks early would be impossible? Any ideas? I was hoping to get my I485 this month.

Zoom in to here:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...7102-4060&search= Search &searchtab=address

I parked on Mulberry, between Clinton and Commerce. It cost 10$ for 2 hours. I think it's 2$ for every additional hour. If coming from Rt 78, take exit 57 (21 North). Once on 21, I suggest you take the Broad St exit. Then, make a right on Clinton, and make the first left on Mulberry. If you miss Clinton, make a right on Raymond, and a right on Mulberry.

From the time we left to parking lot to the time we got back, it was about 90 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Need to worry just drive around and find the closest one

griggs said:
I am going to take FP on 10/21. Is it difficult to find a parking near Newark ASC? For those who have been there, where did you park your car at Newark commerce st.? How long did it take for you to find parking? Thanks in advance.

No need to worry about parking unless you have small kids with you. Just drive around the office and find the closest public parking. The rates are almost the same. Just a doallr here and there.

When I went there there were at least four couples, two desis with their infants in car seat carriers who had showed up. When you got to do it you got to do it any way. Just relax and enjoy the wait. Who knows if you are lucky you might get done in less than an hour.

Good Luck

Done in 20 minutes flat!

Today i got my FP done in 20 minutes flat.

Did street parking ($0.75 on the meter for 1 hour, i was thinking, as the parking meter can take only 60 minutes worth of coins, i might have to come back and feed the meter) No line out there so just walked in, filled up the form (which is finally given back as a receipt). Walked in, the lady check my photo ID (my DL) and verified the form. She asked me to wait in the "Gray Chair" area. Just as I was deciding upon whic chair should I take, they called up my number. She took the papers and the DL. Fingerprinted me. Signed the paper i had filled up earlier and i was done.

Came back to the car, noticed still had more than 25 minutes on the meter left there (what a waste of $0.25 :rolleyes: )

I was scheduled at 12 pm, showed up at 11:30 and was on my way back before 12 pm.

INS Rocks !!! :) :D

See my Point

See this lucky Guy.

I waited for almost three hours for the same process and here this guy gets it in 20 minutes.

Ye hai kismat ka khel.

Jiyo Raja

HI,

I've applied for the 485 in November 2003 and got FP notification for my wife for October 22nd 2004 and for me its November 2nd 2004. Its at Newark.
Hope everything will workout well.

I am driving to Newark. Hoping to get a parking nearby and easily. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds

Some people have been trying to give me some concerns with going for early FP. Namely, who knows if they have a separate manual process to handle people who do early FP. Clerk might look and say "hmmm... two weeks early? what do I do with this? I'll just send it through this bureacratic channel". Or, "hey, this guy's FP appt was Nov 30, and he didn't show up and he didn't call to reschedule: I'll consider his I-485 as abandoned".

I think these excuses are farfetched, but I'm guessing it's not worth it trying to save 2 or 3 weeks for APPARENTLY faster processing. Just cause the FP gets done faster, does the I-485 necessarily get finished earlier?

There are few public parking facilities next to the building. They charge about $12 for 2 hrs. You can also go for street side parking if there is one free.

FP in newark

Got FP1 done today. The whole process took about 2 hrs from getting in to getting out. I suggest you use paid parking as the meter parking has only 1 hr limit and you can get ticket for $25 if you exceed it as in my case.

My wife also got FP done with me even though her date was a week later than mine. Also they took our prints in the paper instead of the digital machine. I asked and they said its the same.

now the wait for 485 approval continues>>>