Fingerprint waiting time - Newark

hi shatan
when is ur fingerprint date at newark?
i have mine scheduled on 18 Nov 2004.
I am planning to take th etrain to penn station and then take a cab intead of driving and searching for parking

My fingerprinting is on 11/05/2004 and my wife's on 11/18/2004

I-485 ND: 02/10/2004 (Non-Concurrent)

Hi shatan

my fingerprinting is on 18 Nov 2004 at newark at 3 PM. My I-485 ND is 27 Feb 2004.
Hope we can meet?
where do u live?
you can e-mail me the details or send private message if u want to meet on fingerprinting day. we can meet at penn station and go together in a cab

what do u say?

I dont think it would be possible as my appointment is on 11/05/2004. My wife's appointment is on 11/18/2004 and that too at 8:00AM in the morning

Instead of Newark can we go to Hakensack

Hackensack FP ASC is just 6-7 miles from Newark FP and there is no parking problem(free parking) as well as the mostly there in no crowd in the center. I went there for early FP but they denied and allowed me to come there on the FP date instead of going to Newark.

Now tell me is - will it be detrimental to my 485 if I give FP in Hakensack instead of the Newark ( my designated FP ASC ) ?

How about Early FP in Philadelphia which is at the same distance from my house. It is a different state altogether than. Any experiences and suggestions are welcome.

will_get_there

I had my prints retaken today, as scheduled, in Newark. From the time I parked, to the time I got back, it was 50 minutes.

People showed up at 11AM with a 2PM time (proper day), and were turned back, and were asked to come back at noon.

hi canada68
can u describe the procedure at newark?
like where did u park and how did u go etc?

i have my fingerprinting on 18 nov 2004.

thanks in advance

The directions and parking is in post #11 of this thread.

Procedure:
1 - You present your letter
2 - They give you a form to fill out (which will become your receipt at the end)
3 - They tell you to turn off your cellphone
4 - You fill out the form
5 - Someone invariably didn't turn off their cell phone, and the guards scream to have the phone turned off
6 - You drop the tray at the desk
7 - They call you in, inspect your passport and your hands, give you a card with a number
8 - You sit in the gray seats, and wait for your number
9 - They take your prints electronically, give you your receipt, and you exit by the back
10 - Take the closest door, make a left and you will be back at the parking lot

Done my FP on November 2nd. Tried to do mine on October 22nd along with my wife. But they refused to do that saying too many people today. I asked 3-4 people, but it didn't work out. On November 2nd, it went very smoothly. Reached there at 9.00am (for 10.00am appointment). Everything was done in 40 mts. Not many people on that day.

Directions to Newark for FP: Fron NJ turnpike, take exit 13a and then follow RT 1/9 North. Take 21 North (exit on left side). Then take BROAD ST exit. COntinue on Broad street and go past Commerce st (where the office is). U will see a parking place on ur left side ($6/hr). Walk back couple of blocks. Ifound this route much easier than the on e on mapquest/yahoo.

Hope this helps.

Hi Guys
Did my FP today at Newark.
I got the FP notice on 4 Oct 2004 and have been waiting for 45 days and finally I am done with my FP.
My FP was around 3 PM and I was done by 2:30 PM. The whole process from entering to FP done just took about 15 minutes.
For other details, refer to my signature

Advice for people who want to go for Early FP at Newark

Please try to go to Newark ASC in the evening around 2-3 PM as there was not much rush at all. May be they will consider early FP beacuse of very less umber of people