Fingerprint -Online status update

coolone

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,
My wife and I completed the fingerprinting in Boston on 2/25. When I checked the online status, my application shows as "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case" and this was updated 2 days after fingerprinting.
But my wife's status is still not updated.

Is there anyone with similar experience? Any insight / info in this regard will be appreciated.

:)

what exactly showing other 485 status

what exactly the message on other 485 online status?

Hi
The online status shows
"we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this processing could be done. " and so on

Any insight will be appreciated.

My son's fingerprints collected May, 2003 and the online check is still "pending review". Other members have been "resumed processing". I called FBI and they told the fingerprints had been cleared the same day collected and sent back to CIS. My lawyer sent letter to CIS requesting process two months ago but nothing changed till today. I guess nothing unusual but anyway, what can you do if it is a CIS issue?

Thanks lj56.
Can you please give me the FBI number to check the status.
You mentioned the online status as "Pending review" for your son. Does that mean the case is still with FBI? My wife's file status shows different (as mentioned earlier).

PHSESAaug - I am not sure about my ND. My I485 receipt date is May 21, 2003.

lj56,

Children of what age will get finger print notice..? In other words, is there any rule like children of 14 years and above should go for finger printing? Please let us know..

Thanks

Originally posted by coolone
Thanks lj56.
Can you please give me the FBI number to check the status.
You mentioned the online status as "Pending review" for your son. Does that mean the case is still with FBI? My wife's file status shows different (as mentioned earlier).

PHSESAaug - I am not sure about my ND. My I485 receipt date is May 21, 2003.

Hi,

FBI phone # to check FP status:

304-625-5590, or 304-625-2406 during working time. I got them from this portal. Make sure your A# is at hand to call. They are very nice.

I asked FBI what "pending review" was and they didn't know either, the case was sent back to CIS very same day it cleared.

Good luck,

Originally posted by Marais
lj56,

Children of what age will get finger print notice..? In other words, is there any rule like children of 14 years and above should go for finger printing? Please let us know..

Thanks

I am sorry I don't know children what age will need to have fingerprints... I guess you may find out by calling FBI. I posted phone numbers above.

Good luck,

lj56

coolone

Cool One,

What was the date you were supposed to do FP? Was it 02/25 or did you go earlier? trying to time my trip to india before my FP notification arrives......

thank you.

PHSESAaug,
FP appointment date was 3/17. I went earlier.
I am not sure how you can plan your trip if you don't know when you will get the FP notice.

coolone

Thanks for the reply, Coolone. Well guessing is my only option. My RD for 485 is mid july 2003, so guess I can expect my FP to be 2nd week of May.......

I called FBI but was not able to talk to anyone. I got a prompt to leave my details or else approach through BCIS.

I will wait for the update or response from BCIS.

Why is my status not updated?

Coolone,

I have the same situation as yours.

The online status after the Finger Printing has changed to the following for my wife in 2 days:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status:
the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But for me the status has not been updated and is shown as follows.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status:
we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this processing could be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I got my FP done 2 days earlier than my wife so I do not understand why the online status is not updated until now?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Why is my status not updated?

I did the fingerprint last December, but the online message is still showing the following. Any suggestions???

"On December 18, 2003, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.e will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Pruma,
I have no clue why this happened.
Is it a genuine slip/delay in updating or something is wrong with the fingerprinting process?
I tried to call FBI but got a voicemail.
And the national service center did not have any response as I-485 processing date has not reached my receipt date of 5/21/03.

I will wait for further response from BCIS.
Did you go for fingerprinting on the appointment date or preponed the same?

John11- Let us know if you find something on your case.

Re: Why is my status not updated?

Originally posted by Pruma
Coolone,

I have the same situation as yours.

The online status after the Finger Printing has changed to the following for my wife in 2 days:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status:
the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But for me the status has not been updated and is shown as follows.
Current Status:
we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this processing could be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I got my FP done 2 days earlier than my wife so I do not understand why the online status is not updated until now?

Pruma,

When did you get your finger print done? I got my finger print done on 02/21/04. But the on line message still shows the same message as yours.

Orono

Same on here

Hi,

My wife and I had fingerprint on 03/25/2003 in Boston Office.
But online status are different.

My wife case status:
"On April 1, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

My case status:
"On April 2, 2003, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review."

I asked this issue earlyer, and a member of this site said my fingerprint was not readable, so FBI rejected to clear. I have to have another fingerprint.

Hope this help.

- KIH

Last edited by a moderator: