Fingerprint card rejected

annj

Vermont Service Center
Receipt date: 8/8/2006
FP date: 8/28/2006
FP rejected, re-print date: 11/21/2006
FP rejected 2nd time, re-print date: 1/20/2007

It will be my third time taking my fingerprints.
What happens if FBI rejects the card again?

Also, I called the Customer service on 12/21/2006 and I was told that my name check is still pending.

Is it pending because my fingerprints are kept getting rejected?

It is so frustrating.

FP is totally separate from namecheck, and the two run concurrently. Usually FP/IBIS results come back the same day the data is sent out to the FBI as it is an automated system.

Namecheck on the other hand is automated until it produces too many hits, at which point it drops back to being a manual process. Once your case gets added to that pile, you can wait forever.

you may need to get the police clearance

I had similar experience when I applied for GC several years ago, Got fingerprinted twice, both unclassifiable. Received the third notice, but the FP facility said if a person had been FPed twice and both got rejected, there was no need for the third time, he/she needed to obtain police clearance instead from the places he/she had lived before (can't remember whether or not he said they only required up to five years before application).

I had to ask the person at FP facility to write something on the FP notice, saying I didn't need to be FPed again, and would obtain police clearance instead. Once I got all the police clearance, I sent the copies to the officer, and brought the original to the interview.

Thank you for your replies.

So, do you recommend I still go for the fingerprints and ask them or call the service center and ask if I can just get the police clearance instead or write to them?

This fingerprint notice is different from the first two. It doesn't have a barcode and my information is handwritten and scheduled for a Saturday.

I'd still go to the appointment. Any idea why the previous sets were no good? Try to make sure you don't have any significant cuts or abrasions on the pads of your fingers. I know I did when mine were taken, but luckily they still came out ok.

Spend a week or two putting lotion on your hands before the next appointment. You want nice, uncracked, soft hands.

If the third interview is coming really soon, I would suggest you go to the interview anyway, and see what they may say regarding your situation. I do agree with others that maybe you can try a lot of lotion and avoid washing dishes etc. for a week or two until you go to the FP appointment. You can look at the FP screen to get an idea how much your FP score, if it's low, it will show some match warning message. If it's still quite a long wait until the FP appointment and if you have time, I would suggest you try to go to the facility earllier and see if you may either get another FP at that time or get an answer from them whether you need Police Clearance instead.

For my situation, My FP quality is really poor. My GC FPs were scheduled in winter time, so it was even harder to get a clear scan. This time before I went to N400 FP, I had put a lot of lotion for a week or two. That and the warm weather really helped. But I still thought it wouldn't pass because the person tried so many times to catch a clearer print and still almost all of the scores were low. I had waited for several weeks for second FP notice, then I call FBI number and checked the status. I was glad that this time the FP was clear enough.

Hope this helps.

I don't think I can go there earlier since for the second fingerprinting I went a week early and they were not happy about it. They first told me to come back, but they finally let me do it on that day.

I guess I should keep my hands moist and if I tell them that it's my 3rd time!! hopefully they'll do a better job.

Another thing, the letter was sent from the local district office instead of VSC. The envelop stated the district office address but on the letter itself it stated the Application Support Center name.
I guess the file is at the district office? But the online status is still saying that the file is at VSC.

Anyhow, thank you for your replies.

Folks,

Lets say a person has the first FP rejected - USCIS sends a letter stating that Fingerprint that was taken cannot be processed - and they request to take it again with a new FP notice date.

What can be done to help the second time around?
1. Maybe use gloves to wash dishes etc to protect hands? Not sure if all this actually helps?

2. How many times do they try to take FP? Assuming there are problems second time around, will they send notice for the 3rd time?

3. If manual police verification is required, for how many years do you need this verification (last 5 years or all places for how many ever years in the US?)

Rejected prints

It's surprising that prints still get rejected since most major police departments have scanner print readers that you think a trained officer can easily detect unreadable prints.

Folks,

Lets say a person has the first FP rejected - USCIS sends a letter stating that Fingerprint that was taken cannot be processed - and they request to take it again with a new FP notice date.

What can be done to help the second time around?
1. Maybe use gloves to wash dishes etc to protect hands? Not sure if all this actually helps?

2. How many times do they try to take FP? Assuming there are problems second time around, will they send notice for the 3rd time?

3. If manual police verification is required, for how many years do you need this verification (last 5 years or all places for how many ever years in the US?)

Bump.

Can someone answer the above question(s). Appreciated.