Finger Prints -> LUCKY ONES & UNLUCKY ONES

GCboy1

Guess what!!

LUCKY ONES
For all those who have received FP between dates (MAR 00 - DEC 00) will
be approved within six months of the FP Date.

UNLUCKY ONES
For all those whoose RD/ND are between OCT 99 and MAR 00 and have NOT received FP. All these casses are being transfered to local INS. From the pst experiences local INS offices are a big mess. You may end up waiting for more than an year and you are at the mercy of GOD

No Title

GCBoy:

Where did you get this information from. Are you sure about the info.
If this is true , it will be really sad.

No Title

Source please!!! This is no joke for many of us. If you simply want to stir things up, I suggest you shuuuuuuut up!

No Title

This is a serious business. Give the reliable source here. Thank you.
If this is a joke, shut up and get out of here.

No Title

This maybe true, although there are certain flaws in the statement. A couple of weeks ago some guy had called his senator and the senator\'s office got back to him saying that cases between Oct 99 and Mar 00 will be transferred to the local INS. He even posted it here but no one took it seriously (or maybe they did not want to take it seriously).

The only flaw I can think of is that INS has been pretty quiet about it so far. If they wanted to transfer the cases, they shouldve started by now. But this must be one of their strategies to reduce the backlog from VSC. Whether they implement it or not remains to be seen.

*The above are my views and opinions ONLY. I do not take responsibility for any misrepresentation of facts.*

No Title

The original post about this:

link:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?50@@.eec2407

content:

"FP for Nov 99 to April 00 cases,explanation from Senator office
bo_engr - 01:08pm Nov 21, 2000 EST

am a I-485 FP waiter and my PD is 7/99 and 485(EB2 INDIA VSC) RD is 12/99 and ND is 01/00..I haven\'t received my FP yet. I sent my details to Senator Office in Hartford(Liberman) and a clerk from Senator office called me and explained as follows

the cases between Nov 99 to April 00(6 months),they process the FP when they reach Nov 99 RD...Right now they are procesessing Aug 99. But the good news is INS transfer all the cases belong to Nov 99 to APril 00 to
respective local INS offices and they will do the fingerprint and
passport stamping same time..instead of senting back the finger print to INS vermont and wait for another 3 months.the clerk told we can expect around march 2001....

thanks
bo_engr

"

No Title

I think it is highly unlikely that VSC will transfer cases to local offices. If they wanted to transfer these cases for india/china, they would have done it the same time they started issuing FP notices for people from other countries (which was way back in sep). It\'s already more than 3 months and there is no such indication from VSC. Rather than transfer case to local office, I\'d prefer if they transfer my case to the Consulate in my home country! That way I\'m almost assured of getting GC in 6months!!

No Title

But the link says cases from Nov 99 - Apr00, I guess Oct 99 is still with vermont according to that link

No Title

What do you guys mean by local INS transfer? I am in Oregon (consulting/contracting) and 485 has been filed in Vermont. My head office is in Pittsburgh? Which local INS they would transfer to?

No Title

I think the VSC logic is like this (Hope I am wrong):

When your file is touched for approval, if you have FP done, it will be processed, if not, it will be transfered to local INS. I don\'t think they will transfer all these files at the same time. So march 2000 cases may wait till June-Oct 2001 to be transfered to local INS?

No Title

You must have specified an address where you live. INS sends it to the Local office closer to your living location (Just like what they do for FP). Thats what an IIO told me.

No Title

You must have specified an address of your living location. INS sends it to the Local office closer to your living location (Just like what they do for FP). Thats what an IIO told me.

No Title

That is why we say if this is true, it will be a huge disaster.
If local INS does not have the WHOLE file, your case won\'t be touched.
I heard a case can not be approved for quite a long time because not all files are transfered to local INS, so Center INS and local INS are playing "client-and-server" game for a long time.

No Title

It means your file could be transfered to Alaska if your address is there 5 years ago. Didn\'t we see too much cases like address changes and notified INS but important notice is still sent to old address?

No Title

What happens if they transfer it to Oregon and I then get placed in a different place like Chicago?

No Title

Why dont you guys let INS take its course, instead of screwing each other\'s cases up by calling and spoiling your days by suppositions. They know what they are doing and you would get your 485 approved after the FP in the order they wish it to happen. You cannot decide what\'s fair and unfair. So stop quibbling like kids.

No Title

Hi, Folks,

I think something does not make sense in the original post that mentioned files with RD between Nov. 99 and March. 00.

First, it said that it would be a good news because those people would get passport stamped and FP done at the same time. This does not make any sense in my opinion. FP is a mandatory preliminary procedure for approving GC, but passport stamping is a symbol of final approval. How can these two procedures be done at the same time? FP must be done before approving GC, because it is a step to check if a person has a criminal background or not. If a person has a trouble with the law, like being arrested before, this person will not be eligible for GC. So it does not make any sense to approve a person’s GC without checking his/her background first.

Second, it also said that it was a good news those files would be transferred to local INS.
It was certainly a bad news if it was true. Everybody knows local INS is even messier. People need to wait even longer

No Title

When people say FP and I-485 approval will happen at the same time, they dont mean at the same second. I think they are talking about same week or same month(as opposed to years of waiting for the other steps). And FP approval just takes a day or so, since eveything has been computerized now(actually for a while now). So it does make sense to me.