Finger print approval time in Dallas?

ajaaja

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife and I gave our fingerprints on May 3rd at Dallas INS service center. The online status for my I-485 application says that my fingerprints have been received by INS (I assume after FBI verification) on May 13th (i.e. 10 days later) and the processing of the application has resumed. However the online status for my wife's application still says that her I-485 application was received in September 2001 and it is taking between 900 and 999 days to process such applications. When she enquired with FBI last week, they told her that they have not received her fingerprints yet. Is it normal for INS to not send the fingerprints to FBI for verification for more than a month?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

No both your FPs should have been received by BCIS , call BCIS and find out what happened. Maybe you need to visit the BCIS which did the FP again.
When you call BCIS , request for another set of FPs to be ordered. With or without FPs it is taking 999 days+ for approval...

Thanks, your suggestion helped

My wife went back to Dallas fingerprint center and explained that FBI says that they don't have any record of her fingerprints. The person at the center called FBI and verified that indeed this was the case. He then asked his supervisor for advice and they decided to take another set of fingerprints and stamped a new date on the fingerprint completion form. Of course this delayed the process by 1.5 months but better late than never!

Hope this helps somebody who may be in a similar situation.