Finally got interview call on Sept 20, 05

dip92

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I am back after a long while.

My spouce-usc who applied for me last year Aug 3 and got interview notice after 12 months. Well I have couple of questions. I will appreciate if you gurus answer my questions, probably you already gave this kind of questions answer before.

1. I have to do my medical exam- should my spouse has to do the medical exam? ( I know, it's a stupid question, but you never know about USCIS officer). Please let me know.

2. They asked for affidavid of support from my spouse. Only my spouse has to give me the support, or I can make my own support? Because my income is more than my spouse. Can we make a joint affidavit of support? Please make it clear for me.

3. Our wedding will be exactly 2 years on 17 October 05. But my interview date is Sept 20, 05. That means I am 27 days behind to full fill 2 years quota to get permanent GC. Do you think the officer will give me conditional GC? I read some where that I have to apply 90 days prior to touch the 2 years wedding period to remove condition. But here I have only 27 days to go. Make some comments here please.

4. What else I have to take for interview?

( I will take with me)
a. My spouse ;o)
b. My medical exam report,
c. Affidavit of support from my spouse
d. Interview letter
e. Wedding Photos and Video
f. Utilities bill ( which includes my spouce name also)
g. Joint accounts
h. Letter from my employer
i. Letter from my spouce's employer
j. My birth certificate and drivers license
k. My spouse's birth certifcate and drivers licence
l. My spouse's US passport
m. My life insurance where my spouce's name is there for 100%
n. My spouse's life insurance where my name is there for 100%
o. Home owner's title where my name and my spouse's name are showing as
a joint buyer.
p. Pay stub both of us.
q. EAD
r. AP
s. What else ????????????????????? Please tell me.

Good luck to everybody.

Dip
I-485 and I-130 RD: July 28, 04; ND: Aug 3, 04
Interview Date : Sept 20, 05
Wish me luck guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
dip92 said:
Gurus,

My spouce-usc who applied for me last year Aug 3 and got interview notice after 12 months. Well I have couple of questions. I will appreciate if you gurus answer my questions, probably you already gave this kind of questions answer before.

1. I have to do my medical exam- should my spouse has to do the medical exam? ( I know, it's a stupid question, but you never know about USCIS officer). Please let me know.

2. They asked for affidavid of support from my spouse. Only my spouse has to give me the support, or I can make my own support? Because my income is more than my spouse. Can we make a joint affidavit of support? Please make it clear for me.

3. Our wedding will be exactly 2 years on 17 October 05. But my interview date is Sept 20, 05. That means I am 27 days behind to full fill 2 years quota to get permanent GC. Do you think the officer will give me conditional GC? I read some where that I have to apply 90 days prior to touch the 2 years wedding period to remove condition. But here I have only 27 days to go. Make some comments here please.

( I will take with me)
a. My spouse ;o)
d. Interview letter
g. Joint accounts
a joint buyer.
p. Pay stub both of us.
q. EAD
r. AP

Good luck to everybody.

Dip
Wish me luck guys.

You also need I-94 and your passport.

SJOrl said:
You also need I-94 and your passport.

Thanks so much. But I need to know my first 3 questions answer. If anybody knows, please let me know. I appreciate it.

dip92 said:
Thanks so much. But I need to know my first 3 questions answer. If anybody knows, please let me know. I appreciate it.

1) Only the I-485 applicant has to do the medical.

2) Your wife should file the affidavit of support. Her actual income is not that important as whatever or not she makes more then required 125% above the poverty line.

3) Your wedding date is relevant only at the time of your interview. Since it will be less then 2 yrs – you’ll get a conditional GC. You’ll be eligible to remove your condition after one year and 9 months from the date printed on your Green Card.

Good luck on your interview!

Jane Green said:

2) Your wife should file the affidavit of support. Her actual income is not that important as whatever or not she makes more then required 125% above the poverty line.

3) Your wedding date is relevant only at the time of your interview. Since it will be less then 2 yrs – you’ll get a conditional GC. You’ll be eligible to remove your condition after one year and 9 months from the date printed on your Green Card.

Sorry for asking this stupid question. How do I know if the green card is conditional? Any indicators? Does it say "conditional" on the card itself?

Jane Green said:

Thanks a lot for your answer. Good luck to everybody.

SJOrl said:
Sorry for asking this stupid question. How do I know if the green card is conditional? Any indicators? Does it say "conditional" on the card itself?
the card will be good for only two years, instead of 10. And you know it's conditional, if less than two years have passed from the day of your wedding to the interview/approval date of your GC.

Finger print question???

I did my finger print and BCIS updated online that: On August 19, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case.

But my interview date is Sept 20, 2005.

1. Do you think for the 1 month extended period , I might have to re-do my
fingerprint? If so how long then I have to wait without passport stamp?

2. My EAD will expire October 15, 05. Do you think I can wait till Sept 20 and
after that I should apply for another EAD if they don't stamp my passport
for any reason?

3. Currently I am working in a Company, do you think they will accept my
EAD receipt letter ( Which I want to apply after Sept 20, 05) if I don't get
my EAD card after Ocotber 15?

Please let me know if you guys have any idea about these 3 questons. I appreicate your help.

Thanks and good luck to everybody.

Dip

As far as I know FP gets expires every 15 months not every year.
EAD process take atleast 2 months. I doubt it if you can work inbetween 2 EADs.
You should ask this Q to your HR.

FP good for 15 months

Hi there...

Nothing to worry about. It takes 15 months to expire the FP.
I had my AOS interview last Tuesday (July 5th), and even though my app is approved but I need to have the FP redone since mine is expired (16 months since the last FP). But, the Officer, sent the Letter for FP right away, but I did not receive in the mail until yesterday---the reason---USCIS Tampa Sum Office forgot to put a Stamp on the envelope so it was returned to them. Well, today in my lunch time break, I gave a try for a walkin for FP, and luckily I was in and out from that Building in about total of 20 minutes. I have been to this ASC for 3 times in the past and each time this place ROCKS!! I always, give them good remarks on their Comment Card.
During our interview, the Officer told us that as soon as they receive the FP, they will send me the Approval letter in the mail so that I can make a INFOPASS appointment for Passport stamping or wait for a week to get the card in the mail. The officer did not know the time line for getting the FP result back. Although, he mentioned that just last week, he saw a case where a FP result came just over night. He said he was very surprised!!
Well, what is your take on this? Any thing you know about it? If could share with me, I will certainly appreciate it.
Thank you very much and have a great evening.

Thanks a lot both of you Amishah and flman95. It really helps. So I can sit tight now without any fingerprint tention except name check :eek:

Good luck.

Dip

District Office

dip92 said:
Thanks a lot both of you Amishah and flman95. It really helps. So I can sit tight now without any fingerprint tention except name check :eek:

Good luck.

Dip

Hey Dip92,

What district office is processing your case.

Mine is Newrak, and our timeline is quite same.

I appreciate your response.

sap12452003 said:
Hey Dip92,

What district office is processing your case.

Mine is Newrak, and our timeline is quite same.

I appreciate your response.

Mine is Hartford, CT. And they are going exactly the local online processing date for I-485. Unfortunately I didn't find any of one here who is from Hartford, CT and for this reason I have no idea what's the interview going on in Hartford. If anybody has any experience in Hartford, CT please reply me back.
Good luck.

Dip

A#

dip92 said:
Mine is Hartford, CT. And they are going exactly the local online processing date for I-485. Unfortunately I didn't find any of one here who is from Hartford, CT and for this reason I have no idea what's the interview going on in Hartford. If anybody has any experience in Hartford, CT please reply me back.
Good luck.

Dip

Hey dip92,

Is your receipts (Like I-485 receipt notice, I-485 interview notice, EAD and AP) has same A# listed on it?

I would appreciate if you can answer this.

sap12452003 said:
Hey dip92,

Is your receipts (Like I-485 receipt notice, I-485 interview notice, EAD and AP) has same A# listed on it?

I would appreciate if you can answer this.
Try calling 800#. See what they have to say about this.

dip92 said:
Gurus,

( I will take with me)
a. My spouse ;o)
d. Interview letter
g. Joint accounts
a joint buyer.
p. Pay stub both of us.
q. EAD
r. AP

Good luck to everybody.

Dip
Wish me luck guys.

All the best.
I got mine on Aug 23, 2005
I wonder if they allow marriage video cassette inside the building?

Also, can you check what A# you have on I-485 receipt notice, EAD and I-485 interview notice? Is it same ? I have different one?

Thank you,