Finally, GC Walla Baba has truly become "GC Walla" baba

GCWallaBaba

Registered Users (C)
Guys & Gals & Fellow Co suferrers-
Just checked that my case is finally approved (RD Aug 17) after a long traumatic and agonizing wait! Venati & VC123 were right.
It has been a very long three plus years, fraught with ups and mostly downs at every step, but at last by the grace of God it is over!
I do not feel too much like celebrating somehow, feels like an anti climax. However I sincerely wish and pray that all those of you remaining, especailly the ones in dire straits & who depend upon GC approval, will get approved soon!
All the best!!!

congratulations !

GCWallaBaba,

This is great news. I know it's painful wait.
Enjoy your freedom.

Patience is a virtue :)

Regards.
-Amol

Congrats

Congrats
Congratulations… All the best for your future endeavors..
It has been long wait… but the name of the game is waiting…
:D :D :D

GCFEELING
RD 09/14/2001

Congratulatios GCwalla BABA! I am extremely happy for you. You have been very patient. Wish you all the best.
Vengan the week has just begun. I am sure you are close behind.

Re: Congratulations and Please update your details at www.rupnet.com

Originally posted by Girish Rajput
This means most, if not all, August filers known on this board are approved.

I'm sorry - was I talking to myself the past 3 months?

RD 8/28/01
ND 10/26/01
FP 1/31/02
RFE ID 8/2/02
RFE RD 8/28/02

See! Us August filers get no respect from the other impatient people on the board! :)

Re: I sympathise with all those still waiting for their approvals!

Originally posted by Girish Rajput
But the fact is that there are still so many people who have been waiting much longer than even the August RD's. There are quite a few cases from July that are still awaiting approval and we all assume that July is over.

Absolutely. I just want to ensure that the plight of us poor, miserable, abused August filers and RFE waiters is not ignored in the headlong rush to cheer the September and October approvals.

In some sense, I have a conflict here. On one hand, I don't want to see the fall approvals come through before my own. It's not fair that people get so far ahead of others. On the other hand, approvals means that cases are moving through the same queue as my own, so I'm (hopefully) moving forward on that same treadmill and I will benefit. I hope. Besides, we all know that fairness means nothing with the government.

Also looking at it from the larger perspective, there are many filers who started their labor many many years ago and all we talk about is our 485 RD's. Why is the 485 RD the benchmark of this discussion?

You bring up a good point - there are a lot of regular LC filers from NY/NJ that have priority dates in the mid- to late- 90s that have been stuck in the LC stage forever. In some sense, they should get preferential treatment since they have waited so long. On the other hand, should I be penalised because of a state government entity (NY SESA) is inefficient? These questions of fairness are best suited to ethics professors chatting over a cup of coffee. :)

Yes, I am impatient. I want all of you to become impatient for me - since when my case is cleared, it frees up an ajudication officer to approve yours. :)

Hard times give birth to Philosophy!

I always wondered why this site is so popular and lot of time addictive?! I found that the basic thread of applying for GC, not only ties the suffering souls together, it also brings together the pearls of wisdom and philosophy of the hard times. Yes, it is impossible for us to complain about not having a good shoe, till we see someone who has lost a foot! Let us all search for the good shoes (July, Aug, Sep...) at the same time help and cheer those who have lagged behind (July 1999, Aug 1998 etc) ;)