Finally dream comes true :p

dip92

Registered Users (C)
Dearest friends/well wishers:

I got my GC approval stamped on my passport just couple of hours ago. It was really pleasant experience with my interview officer. She was really cool.

She just asked for all the official papers I belongs to and took it in her possession.

You guys remember my file was lost in the warehouse and finally they found after 3 months. The officer was funny and kidding with us and told that your file was lost because we will give you 10 years GC. Because my interview was Sept 20, 05 and that time my marriage was 1 year 10 months old.

We had to wait one hour 10 minutes to go to the officer’s room. Interview took around 15 minutes and we talked with her around 25 minutes to learn how they approve this kind of case, how they can find this marriage is not bona-fide and do we really need a lawyer?

She said if she saw any lawyer in her room, she feels really bad and she usually go by rule/law and there will be no sympathy to the applicants. But she mentioned that some people they cannot even speak English and she doesn’t mind to bring a lawyer for this. Otherwise it’s really wastage of money.

Actually we took a real interview to our officer regarding the whole process.

The officer has to take 12 to 15 person’s interview everyday. If she find any non bona-fide couples come for interview she feels very bad. She can tell for the very first sight whether this marriage is true, because they had training and experience.

Good luck and thanks to everybody for your help.

dip92 said:

I got my GC approval stamped on my passport just couple of hours ago. It was really pleasant experience with my interview officer. She was really cool.

She just asked for all the official papers I belongs to and took it in her possession.

You guys remember my file was lost in the warehouse and finally they found after 3 months. The officer was funny and kidding with us and told that your file was lost because we will give you 10 years GC. Because my interview was Sept 20, 05 and that time my marriage was 1 year 10 months old.

We had to wait one hour 10 minutes to go to the officer’s room. Interview took around 15 minutes and we talked with her around 25 minutes to learn how they approve this kind of case, how they can find this marriage is not bona-fide and do we really need a lawyer?

She said if she saw any lawyer in her room, she feels really bad and she usually go by rule/law and there will be no sympathy to the applicants. But she mentioned that some people they cannot even speak English and she doesn’t mind to bring a lawyer for this. Otherwise it’s really wastage of money.

Actually we took a real interview to our officer regarding the whole process.

The officer has to take 12 to 15 person’s interview everyday. If she find any non bona-fide couples come for interview she feels very bad. She can tell for the very first sight whether this marriage is true, because they had training and experience.

Good luck and thanks to everybody for your help.

Thanks a lot everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

My DO: Hartford, CT

Well I didn't finish my officers' interview yet. The officer told an interview story about a guy:

One guy came to take an interview with marriage based alone. He told the officer that, he came alone because his spouse is out of the country and he gave all the documents to the officer. The officer was really pleased and without his spouse, she stamped his passport and approved it. That guy was so excited. After this interview, the officer went to the hallway to call another person’s interview. In the mean time she saw, that guy just got approved was hugging and kissing a lady. The officer was so surprised and confused. Instantly she called his so called wife’s home number. That lady (his wife) didn’t even know what’s going on. He has no more relation with his ex wife. Finally the officer cancelled his approval, because it was fake documents. The officer mentioned, sometimes she had to approved the fake marriage based application. Because their documents are so strong she cannot reject. Though she feels this couple is doing forgery.

The officer told me I can get my plastic card between 1 wk to 4 wks. Do you GURUS have any idea, how long it will take? Will I get congratulation letter first and after that GC plastic card? Can I change my Social Security card now to show my passport only?

Good luck to everybody. Hopefully we will hear good news one after another, everyday, every moment. I am praying for you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations - this is great! Did the officer say you could leave the country with the stamp and AP or do you have to wait for the card?

hi dip. this is yahayajp. wow i,m so much happy for u.congratulations..remember mine is 8days away. please give me some tips about the documents the interviwer looks and questions she asked u guyz.once again congratulations,i,ll post my experience after 8days gurus.

lili2005 said:
Congratulations - this is great! Did the officer say you could leave the country with the stamp and AP or do you have to wait for the card?

The only reason they give you the stamp is so you can travel.

THANKS MUCH EVERYBODY FOR YOUR WISHES :)

Yes you can use your passport as a GC plastic card.

Well the officer didn't ask us any questions, even though any utility bills, wedding certificate, birth certificate etc. We Just showed her our photos by ourselves. She asked all the yes/no questions and took our oath. We had to show our drivers licence as an identity.That's it.

For the Hartford, DO friends:

Please go at least 45 minutes earlier. Because they have a high security process. It took us 35 minutes to enter the building and just arrived 10 am sharp which was our interview time. One person he entered just 20 minutes late due to security check, one officer came and asked him to re-schedule the interview and that officer suggested that everybody should give their interview letter to the counter at least 15 minutes earlier and latest on time sharp. Other than this you shouldn't worry about your interview.

Good luck. :)

dip92 said:

Congratulations.
Seems like it was good for you that they misplaced your file. Need not to go through USCIS hassles again after 2 years.

int0928 said:
Congratulations.
Seems like it was good for you that they misplaced your file. Need not to go through USCIS hassles again after 2 years.

Thanks a lot. Yeah, sometimes hassles return some good news :p

One thing I observed today that, my online status has changed and they wrote there, your I-130 has been approved and we mailed you the approval notice. I-485 date has been changed but there is nothing inside, just stated status unavailable. Do you gurus know about this? Are they sending me a welcome letter or plastic card? Please let me know.

Good luck.

dip92 said:
Thanks a lot. Yeah, sometimes hassles return some good news :p

One thing I observed today that, my online status has changed and they wrote there, your I-130 has been approved and we mailed you the approval notice. I-485 date has been changed but there is nothing inside, just stated status unavailable. Do you gurus know about this? Are they sending me a welcome letter or plastic card? Please let me know.

Good luck.

Most likely both. :D
Any time now your on-line massage will change to “status approved, card mailed” or something like this.

hi dip92. so mean u the officer didnt even look at any of the documents u took with u? any last minute advise?? my interview is this coming thursday. hartford guyz any infor?? thankx

Hi, I have my interview in Hartford in 2,5 weeks. So plz share your experience after you go through the interview. Good luck!!!

yahayajp said:
hi dip92. so mean u the officer didnt even look at any of the documents u took with u? any last minute advise?? my interview is this coming thursday. hartford guyz any infor?? thankx

Nope, they didn't.

Good luck.

Documents needed for bonafide marriage

Hi
I have following two questions
1. How much time it takes to get LPR for spouse if I-130 and 485 are filed concurrently.
2. What all documents does one need to have to show bonafide marriage.
- Joint bank statement
- Utility bill on which both names are there
- Health Insurance
- Plan to file a joint tax return this year.

Are these sufficient??

thx

chakroo said:
Hi
I have following two questions
1. How much time it takes to get LPR for spouse if I-130 and 485 are filed concurrently.
2. What all documents does one need to have to show bonafide marriage.
- Joint bank statement
- Utility bill on which both names are there
- Health Insurance
- Plan to file a joint tax return this year.

Are these sufficient??

thx

That's more than enough if it's a bona-fide marriage.

Good luck.