Finally a US CITIZEN

guacho

Registered Users (C)
hello guys, had my interview last week and everything went well, I was not asked about trips to COP and I never went back anyway, I didn't have to show my passport or travel documents, however...she asked me under what category I applied for asylum.
Next the civic questions, I was not asked to read anything, just write " new york was the first capital".
At the end of the interview she asked me something about my home country "Uruguay"...and I quickly corrected her saying I was not from Uruguay but Colombia, I made a trip to Uruguay last december ( my only trip in 10 years) and for some reason she thought I was from there, kind of funny because one would think that by the end of the interview the IO should know my nationality but who figures..

The whole interview took about 7 minutes, one thing that caught my attention....I was not asked to swear to tell the truth ....when I entered the IO office I didn't sit down thinking she would asked me to raise my hand...that never happened, she never said I was approved or anything, she just asked me to step out and wait to be called in a few minutes.
20 minutes later I was given an oath ceremony letter for friday the 25th......very very excited..

The ceremony was last friday...it lasted around 40 minutes....they played "i'm proud to be an american" with the lyrics....it was very emotional...a day to remember.

Thanks everyone...the journey is over now...

NOW I KNOW HOW IT FEELS..

L.M

My dear friend..congratulations

It's funny that you mentioned you are from Columbia and I was watching a documentary about Andrea Escobar (the soccer player), who got killed in Columbia after losing a match with USA in 1994. He accidently hit his own ball into his own goal.. anyway, that's how much I know about Columbia.. :)

by the way, Uruguay plays Ghana this coming Friday.... ;)

you're right...Andres Escobar was a great player...one of the things that is still beyond my comprehension, why things like these happen in Colombia though things have changed for the better during the last years....
and I'll have to go with Uruguay this Friday since the USA is out..Take care buddy..good luck

My dear friend..congratulations

It's funny that you mentioned you are from Columbia and I was watching a documentary about Andrea Escobar (the soccer player), who got killed in Columbia after losing a match with USA in 1994. He accidently hit his own ball into his own goal.. anyway, that's how much I know about Columbia.. :)

by the way, Uruguay plays Ghana this coming Friday.... ;)

Felicitaciones Guacho!, no me imagino que se siente. Yo aplico el proximo ano si Dios quiere.

Just take it easy..enjoy the wait, I know it's hard but when you're done you wonder...ok what is the next thing I should be looking forward to??..... Paciencia y buena suerte..