Finally a US citizen- My interview experience at Mount Laurel, NJ

dfox

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My Immigration saga ends finally after 14 years. I started with student visa and now finally I am a US citizen. I have been a silent visitor but I want to first thank this excellent forum for all the useful information. I want to share my interview experience.

My case details:

RD: June 6 2008
PD: June 6 2008
FP: July 9 2008
USCIS descheduled my interview twice and finally was on OCT 1 2008
Interview: Oct 1 2008

Interview expeience:

I arrived at Mount Laurel NJ 30 minutes beforew my scheduled time which was 9:55 AM. I was called immediately by the officer. The interview lasted for about 15 minutes. And I was given the results.

The only documents I was asked was my Drivers license, GC and passport.
So my few cents here is do not go very crazy about the documentation. Try to take the documents required based on your case type.

He gave me an option to take new test since it was out on oct 1st or the old one. I chose the old one. he asked me to read and write a engilsh sentence.
Then I was aked the questions like who is the commander in chief, who elects congress, what are the colors of flag etc. he just asked me 7 questions and I got all right.

Then he went through my applicatoin very quickly. i just answered waht i had in the application. Mine is a employment based GC and simple case.

After that he congratulated me and asked me if I can take the Oath the same day and i said yes and cam eback at 3:15 to take the oath and finally became a US citizen.

Thanks again to this forum!!!

Regards
dfox

4 months from beginning to end, even with 2 descheduled interview..wow!! Congratulations !!

Look at Chirl's timeline...2.5 months from PD to ID! It took us longer than that just to get a receipt! The USCIS has really sped things up now!

I just noticed today that USCIS updated their processing times on Sept 28th (I'm guessing to reflect end of FY2008 numbers). Most DO processing times did not advance by much, but Houston processing times now shows 5 months, instead of the standard date. Eventually all DO will show processing in month format instead of date as they all catch up in processing backlog.

I just noticed today that USCIS updated their processing times on Sept 28th (I'm guessing to reflect end of FY2008 numbers). Most DO processing times did not advance by much, but Houston processing times now shows 5 months, instead of the standard date. Eventually all DO will show processing in month format instead of date as they all catch up in processing backlog.

I just saw the new update, and there's a rather interesting phrase printed immediately above the processing date table: "Field Office Processing Dates for New York City NY as of: July 31, 2008". I didn't check any other DOs, but that timeframe is already 2 months old.

I just saw the new update, and there's a rather interesting phrase printed immediately above the processing date table: "Field Office Processing Dates for New York City NY as of: July 31, 2008". I didn't check any other DOs, but that timeframe is already 2 months old.

yes, I noticed that too..they are all as of July 31 and were posted Sept 28. That is strange since last update was mid Sept for up until August 15th if I'm not mistaken.

I'm jealous! I didn't have the option to do the oath the same day. Were you with other people?

I'm excited about the oath ceremony... but hate being back in the waiting stage. Not that I should complain, things are moving very fast! When I mentioned the speed to my interviewer yesterday, she was shocked. I guess applying right before an election can be beneficial (and exciting!).

I didn't need anything beyond my green card yesterday, but I sure felt a lot better being prepared and having everything at my fingertips. I was surprised how relaxed I felt once I was called.

Congratulations! I'm glad everything worked out for you.

I got my citizenship today. It was a great experiance. Thanks guys for all the support and guidance. I went there around 10.15AM. The IO called me around 11.AM and goes through the interview process quickly. He asked me 15 questions and he had all the documents that I submitted in (madrass) 6 years ago. I was little bit surprised and he is a philly Fan and we talked a little bit regarding the phillys chances in the world series. He asked me whether i had any traffic tickets and why i checked no in in the
N400 other than that he had nod problems. He asked me whether I paid all my tickets and told me to stay away from trouble. As far as document concerned he asked my GC drivers License and social security card. Everything else went fine. I took the oath around 3.15PM and the whole process is over.

Application mailed – 8/01/08
Application received – 8/05/08
Priority date – 8/07/08
Fingerprint appt notice – 8/12/08
Fingerprint appt date - 9/05/08 in Philadelphia, PA
Fingerprint completed - 9/05/08
Interview letter received - 9/24/08
Interview scheduled - 10/17/08
Complete interview and oath 10/17/08

Total day ----75