Finally 485 Approved

tsc485victim

Registered Users (C)
Hello every body... finally my 485 got approved just before my FP expiry date (its 14 months 26 days after my FP). I was just about to call customer service number to request for the second FP, but some how I thought of checking my case status before calling them and I did it online and to my surprise it is approved.

My 3rd AP is still pending...but now i should not think about it.

BTW, I have some questions to all immigration gurus,

1. How long GC is valid?
2. What are the documents that I need to carry for stamping?.
3. Who will get the approval notice, me or lawyer or both?

Now I think it is time change my user Id..:D :D ....

Thanks in advance

EB3 - INDIA

Sorry....out of excitement I did wrong calculation...its last day of 15 months after my FP. I did my FP on 15-aug-2002 and BCIS got results back on 20-Nov-2002. When I called 1-800-XXXX last time, the rep. told me that they count from the day they got the result back.

The Answers:

1. How long GC is valid?
The I-485 permanent residence is valid indefinitely, as long as permanent residence is not abandoned through absence of six months or longer from the U.S.

2 . What are the documents that I need to carry for stamping?.
I-485 Approval Notice (Courtesy Copy / Original)
I-94
Current EAD, AP
Passport
2 Photographs (similar ones used for EAD)

3. Who will get the approval notice, me or lawyer or both?
Lawyer gets the Original document, but you will receive the Courtesy Copy which is good for the passport stamping.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats!

tsc485xxx, enjoy your deserved freedom, good news for us...

by the way, I am renewing my second AP, I am not sure how to fill in the I131 Part1, 3 :Class of Admission. My situation is that I used my first AP to re-enter USA but I still keep my H1B status because I am working for same employer (my H1B sponsor). I don't I should type "H1B" or "By Advance Parole" for Class of Admission.

Thanks in advance for any information.

venkat, thanks for the answers...let me rephrase my first question, how long the plastic card is valid?. 10 years or indefinite

tsc485victim

One correction to posting. TAKE ALL YOUR EAD'S AND PAROLE PAPERS, AND NOT JUST THE VALID ONES. MY WIFE WAS ASKED FOR ALL HER EAD'S.