Final few questions before mailing N-400

GC2C

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

As you can understand, I am trying to be very careful and hence, request you not to ask me to refer to the "guide" or anything. I have referred to it but just posting this thread to make sure I read it correctly! :)

I live in WA and plan to send my N-400 application through USPS certified mail.

Please confirm if this is the correct address to send to:

USCIS Lockbox Facility
USCIS
PO Box 21251
Phoenix, AZ 85036

Also, I need to send in the applications for me and my wife.

1. Please confirm if the fee is $675.00 each.

2. Can I write one check for $1350.00? Or do I need to write separate checks and attach with each N-400?

3. Can I put both of our applications in the same envelope and mail?

I am mailing:

1. N-400
2. Check
3. Copies of GC, front and back on the same page
4. Two passport size photographs.

Am I missing anything?

Please advise.

Ok, I am going to ask you to refer for things people do not remember off-hand ... such as addresses and filing fees.
- Better write separate checks.
- You can use same envelope ... just use paperclip or something to keep them separate. Maybe 2 covers inside a big cover.
- List of documents seems perfectly alright for a simple filing. If you expect questioning on any part, you can proactively add documents for such areas.

You are required to write your name & A# on the back of photos lightly with pencil. Same goes for the checks.

Hello all,

As you can understand, I am trying to be very careful and hence, request you not to ask me to refer to the "guide" or anything. I have referred to it but just posting this thread to make sure I read it correctly! :)

I live in WA and plan to send my N-400 application through USPS certified mail.

Please confirm if this is the correct address to send to:

USCIS Lockbox Facility
USCIS
PO Box 21251
Phoenix, AZ 85036
Correct.
Also, I need to send in the applications for me and my wife.

1. Please confirm if the fee is $675.00 each.
Correct
2. Can I write one check for $1350.00? Or do I need to write separate checks and attach with each N-400?
Better to write two checks of $675 as to not confuse USCIS.
3. Can I put both of our applications in the same envelope and mail?
Yes, that's fine.

I am mailing:

1. N-400
2. Check
3. Copies of GC, front and back on the same page
4. Two passport size photographs.

Am I missing anything?

Please advise.

Court copies of any past convictions or divorces.

Awesome! Thanks a lot to everyone who has replied. Appreciate it much.

I have already asked this on another thread, but sorry to ask again. Just trying to double check.

In the field of "Name as it exactly appears in GC", do we need to mention the "Name" as it appears at the top of the card, or the one at the bottom of the card that is in between the so many <<<<<.....>>>>s? The reason I ask is, at the top, my name appears in shortened version while in between the <<<...>>s, it appears as more detailed even though one of the middle names got shortened due to the space ( I guess).

Also, per your advice, I will write 2 separate checks and attach with each N-400. For my wife, can I write and sign the check from my account (mention her name and A# in the Memo area) or would it be better that she writes a check from her account and sign it herself?

QUOTE=GC2C;2216805]Awesome! Thanks a lot to everyone who has replied. Appreciate it much.

Also, per your advice, I will write 2 separate checks and attach with each N-400. For my wife, can I write and sign the check from my account (mention her name and A# in the Memo area) or would it be better that she writes a check from her account and sign it herself?[/QUOTE]

Why do you married couple have separate checking accounts? hmmmmmmm....???? I mean, you trust her with your life, but NOT with your $$$? I hope not...

One more Question: (sorry).

In Part 10 (B) Affiliations:

I have been a member of professional education boards of my home country (for example: Institute of Engineers etc.)

My wife has been a member of professional education boards in USA ( for example: Society of Engineering Sciences, etc.)

Do, we need to mention such professional education boards?