• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Filling out the forms - please help!

luboss

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am trying to fill out the forms, but I have couple questions, if somebody could help me:

1. Form DS-230, Q. 10 : Permanent adreess in the US where you intend to live, if known. Include the name of a person who currently lives there?.... Do I need to fill out this question?

2. Form DS-230, Q.13: Permanent adress... If I live in the US now on J1 visa, but I am gonna do CP should I put the US adress???

3. Form DS-230, part II, Q. 29: Name and adress of Petitioner... Who is petitioner? Is that me or somebody else? If I won a lottery and I am doing this for my wife too, who is petitioner for her?

And then in Q. 25 about previous visits to US, there are only 3 lines and I was here 4 times. Should I make another page as attachment? Do I need to do this page on computer or is handwriting ok?

Thank you for your help!

1. No, you dont have to fill out question No 10..

2. yes..

3. You are the petitioner and for all family members too..

4. You can make another page as attachment..You can fill the form on the computer. You should obtain the form from official sites such as state.gov.

Good luck..

Hi,

I am trying to fill out the forms, but I have couple questions, if somebody could help me:

1. Form DS-230, Q. 10 : Permanent adreess in the US where you intend to live, if known. Include the name of a person who currently lives there?.... Do I need to fill out this question?

2. Form DS-230, Q.13: Permanent adress... If I live in the US now on J1 visa, but I am gonna do CP should I put the US adress???

3. Form DS-230, part II, Q. 29: Name and adress of Petitioner... Who is petitioner? Is that me or somebody else? If I won a lottery and I am doing this for my wife too, who is petitioner for her?

And then in Q. 25 about previous visits to US, there are only 3 lines and I was here 4 times. Should I make another page as attachment? Do I need to do this page on computer or is handwriting ok?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
you take a piece of paper, type or handwrite your case number, form number, question number and the answer on it. In the form itself you write - please see attachment.

Ds230 Q25

I hava a question too. Regarding DS230 Q25.

Where is the "A" number located? Is it on the visa? Is it on the I-94? or the stamp?

Thanks

I hava a question too. Regarding DS230 Q25.
Where is the "A" number located? Is it on the visa? Is it on the I-94? or the stamp? Thanks

I think it's alien registration number. If you applied for immigrant petition in other ways before, you will have "A" number at some point of the process. I know Employment Authorization Card has "A" number (for instance, for OPT), but I don't know if it's the same number as they request. Otherwise, I guess you may not have any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Would you help me see if I can correct my typographic error by e-mail on the form submitted to KCC? Also, is it OK for me to re-submit KCC the additional informaiton regarding DS-230 Part I #25?

I would appreciate your comments.

DHS number is homeland security number, new type of visas have it. I got US visa 7 years ago, there was not such number at that time. I asked KCC about that . If you don't have put N/A.

I think it's alien registration number. If you applied for immigrant petition in other ways before, you will have "A" number at some point of the process. I know Employment Authorization Card has "A" number (for instance, for OPT), but I don't know if it's the same number as they request. Otherwise, I guess you may not have any.

It is better to contact KCC how to do this..

Hi,

Would you help me see if I can correct my typographic error by e-mail on the form submitted to KCC? Also, is it OK for me to re-submit KCC the additional informaiton regarding DS-230 Part I #25?

I would appreciate your comments.

If I have the documents ready, can I staple them all together for me and my wife. Or just leave them separate and put them in the envelope? And what about the picture. Should I attach it to any particular form? Thank you!

luboss, staple each docuement separately. Write the names on the back of the photos with a felt pen, put them all in a small envelope and include them in a large envelope along wih the other forms. Do not attach the photos to the forms.

do not forget to indicate case number on the upper right hand side of each forms. In this case you will not feel youself unconfortable that the forms could be lost.

If I have the documents ready, can I staple them all together for me and my wife. Or just leave them separate and put them in the envelope? And what about the picture. Should I attach it to any particular form? Thank you!

the answers should be given in separate sheets or both together

you take a piece of paper, type or handwrite your case number, form number, question number and the answer on it. In the form itself you write - please see attachment.

should I put each answer in a separate sheet or may I collect and put in together in a sheet?

And how do i attach it? I'm afraid to damage it if I put a paper clip over it to attach it to the forms.

one photo per person not per form...

attach photo just with a paper clip, you can use a piece of paper bottom of the paper clip..and please don't worry they will insert your datas into computer :) ..

do not forget to write your names on the back side of the photos..