Filling out Citizen form when I had 1 marriage

ASHTON KUTCHER

Registered Users (C)
Anyone with the correct answer is greatly appreciated.

I was married once and it only lasted 6 mths got separated and didn't file for divorce until 8 years after, this was before I started my GC process, do I need to fill out this marrage in the I400 form?

I saw 1 section asking how many times one were married I can enter in 1 but do I need to fill the name and info of the person etc or this is not needed?

Ashton

Anyone with the correct answer is greatly appreciated.

I was married once and it only lasted 6 mths got separated and didn't file for divorce until 8 years after, this was before I started my GC process, do I need to fill out this marrage in the I400 form?

I saw 1 section asking how many times one were married I can enter in 1 but do I need to fill the name and info of the person etc or this is not needed?

Ashton
The instructions clearly state you must include all your marriages. If you enter you were married once, then you must complete the relevant sections. e.x. name, date of marriage, date of divorce..etc. Also you must include a copy of your divorce decree; if you don't have a divorcee and you put that you were divorced, they will not adjudicate your application without it...so be careful to include the divorce decree..good lucky

Hope you have the divorce decree. Do not apply without it. If you do not a divorce deed and if you have not mentioned your earlier marriage at any stage so far to USCIS , i find no harm in maintaining yourself as unmarried single. However telling truth is always better.

Marriage lasted 6 mths

the only reason why asking this is since it only lasted 6 mths and didn't get a div until 8 yrs after there were no main reason for this long delayed time, neither one wanted to pay the cost to get the div so we kinda ignored it for a long time and I had to get it when I app for my GC thru Employment.

Wanted to know if it will look strange since we took that long to process the Div thats all.

All doc's requested with the I400 needs to be filed with or take with at the appt ?

Also does all applicant get an interview ? as I didn't get an interview for the GC just got a letter that my 485 was approved and I rec the Card in 15 days after.

Ashton.

What is your GC date. You can file N-600 90 days minus five year from issue date of GC. I see in your time line you got GC 01/13/06. Still a long way to go.

Every applicant is interviewed for citizenship. You are also FP again. You should disclose your first marriage as you have proper divorce.

GC date is 1/05/06, ok noted 9o days before GC approval date, will file Oct 1st 2010.

Yes will disclose my 1 marriage since I have all the paper work, Marraige Cert, Dicree etc.
Thanks for confirming all gets interview & FP.
Ashton

The earliest you can file your N600 is 10/08/2010. Do not file earlier than 90 days, USCIS would reject your application. I would give a couple of days more.