Filling Multiple GC

abhanu

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,

Quick question, is it possible to file multiple Green Cards thru current as well as future companies.

Actually, my current co. has already filled a GC and Labour is already cleared. and in few months will join the Client and they will file it again. My current (old) co. told me that they would carry the GC process. do you guys think any problem in this one.

Further info : I will not have my i-140 approved by the time when I join new co. So, it wont fall under AC21.

Thanks in Advance.

Quick question, is it possible to file multiple Green Cards thru current as well as future companies. YES

Actually, my current co. has already filled a GC and Labour is already cleared. and in few months will join the Client and they will file it again. My current (old) co. told me that they would carry the GC process. do you guys think any problem in this one.
NO problem.
Further info : I will not have my i-140 approved by the time when I join new co. So, it wont fall under AC21.
let your old company file your i140 and i485 concurrently. let the client/new employer file labor/i140 etc. assuming that your current employer will continue your gc, you can safely join your client and you DONT HAVE TO MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT AC-21 to BCIS now.

now you have 2 approach:
1. assume your i140 is cleared and i485 is pending for over 180 days from your current/old company then file AC-21 with BCIS and state that you would wish to continue your GC with new employer or client and provide all supporting documents.

2. if i140 is cleared and i485 has been pending over 180 days with client or new employer (before option 1), you dont have to mention anything to bcis and proceed as normal.

by the way - you should be lucky enough that you have good 2 employers supporting your greencard which can be a good backup if there is any problem with either one of the petitions

I am in similar stituation, I filed for I-485 through previous employer using approved I-140.

My current employer wants me to file for I-140/485. I wanted to take consular processing option through my current employer, but they are forcing me to take 485 path.

My 6 yr tem ends in 3 months, if I file two 485 I will receive 2 EADs. If I use one what happens to the other. In the end how will BCIS link both 485 and issue me one green card

Will I run into any problems.

Thanks
Matador2000

Originally posted by matador2000
if I file two 485 I will receive 2 EADs.

You cannot file two I-485 as of I know. So you can tell the same to your current employer. Even though you file two I-485s ( lets say its possible) you dont need to file second EAD, its an option to file EAD.

Instead of using EAD its better to extend H1, because if you use EAD you have to have AP to leave go out of US for any reason.

If I use one what happens to the other. In the end how will BCIS link both 485 and issue me one green card

You can link your new I-140 filed by current employer with the I-485 already in processing. But you need to wait until this I-140 is approved.

But I would say the best option is to convince your current employer some how, may be through lawyer, and go for CP.

Last edited by a moderator:
matador2000

I am in similar situation, I filed for I-485 through previous employer using approved I-140.
---- You still did not you get EAD or have not applied? Your this case has better chances as your I-140 has been approved and once you hit 180 days after I-485 filing you will be eligible for AC21 (if the previous employer does not revoke the approved I-140 till your I-485 hits 180 days)
My current employer wants me to file for I-140/485. I wanted to take consular processing option through my current employer, but they are forcing me to take 485 path.
---- if the employer does not agree for CP let them file I-140 and I-485, no problem one can file second I-485 if based on different employer LC and I-140
My 6 yr tem ends in 3 months, if I file two 485 I will receive 2 EADs.
----- If you have applied EAD based on previous employer I-485 you will get EAD faster as you have approved I-140. You may get 2 EAD, use any one both are work authorization given to you by BCIS
If I use one what happens to the other.
---- Nothing happens, you only use one EAD if you want to use
In the end how will BCIS link both 485 and issue me one green card
----- BCIS may ask you (after 18-24 months) when they are going to approve the I-485, they may ask you what I-485 should be approved, at that time you or your lawyer can request BCIS to approve the I-485 that has earlier PD or you or lawyer can inform BCIS in advance when the I-140 from current employer gets approved to link it with the earlier I-485 that has earlier PD(that was filed through previous employer) remember the I-140 that you use for I-485 approval you have to work with that employer after GC for 6 month to 1 year whose I-140 was the base of I-1485 approval or GC
Will I run into any problems.
---- no, you have not committed any immigration fraud by filling second I-485 you have paid fees to BCIS, if it would have not been allowed BCIS would have not accepted second I-485 and cashed the check and sent the receipt. They check everything in BCIS computer when they accept your second I-485 or second I-140. they have your A # and every pending application/petition is linked to the A# assigned to you and that A# appears on your previous I-485 receipt

Ginnu,

I applied for EAD through previous employer last week.

My current employer’s idea is to file 485 so that I will get EAD, they need on spend money filing 7th year H1 extension.

I can’t tell them that I filed through previous company. I wonder if BCIS will issue 2 EADs. My current employer is going to file in Nebraska, The 485 I filed thru previous employer is in Vermont, do you think this

Thanks for your helps the stituation.

Matador2000

I applied for EAD through previous employer last week.
---- You will get EAD
My current employer’s idea is to file 485 so that I will get EAD, they need on spend money filing 7th year H1 extension.
---- Let him apply I-485 and apply for EAD based on that I-485 you will get second EAD
I can’t tell them that I filed through previous company.
-- No need to tell but on form I-765 they ask if you previously filed EAD then reply YES and they ask the service center write the name of service center
I wonder if BCIS will issue 2 EADs.

---- Yes they do if based on different I-485; they are only interested in fees and eligibility
My current employer is going to file in Nebraska, The 485 I filed thru previous employer is in Vermont, do you think this
----- same was the case with my friend his earlier I-485 pending in VSC and has EAD from VSC then new company applied I-140, I-485 in NSC, he got the second EAD from NSC at present he has 2 valid EAD. You can show any EAD for work both are issued by BCIS and are legal documents for work.
Thanks for your helps the situation.

Ginnu,

Thanks for the reply,

Since green card is for future employment, can INS question how do I intend to work for both the companies once I get my green card.

Or can I pick one and drop other before green card is issued.

Can you explain how I should handle the stituation.

Thanks
Manoj

Ginnu,

Thanks for the reply,

Since green card is for future employment, can INS question how do I intend to work for both the companies once I get my green card.
--- They are not going to ask now
Or can I pick one and drop other before green card is issued.
----- YES you can
Can you explain how I should handle the situation.
--- Before the I-485 approval may be asked which I-485 should be used for your I-485 approval, you choose the I-485 that has earlier PD and inform that this particulate I-485# should be approved based on I-140 # and you provide the copy of I-140 approval, it is simple