Filling I-485 as Approved Asylum and I have some questions - Thanks for help

Hi Everyone,
Next week I will be able to file my I-485 after spending 1 year as approved asylum. I will be filing it myself and I would like to double check few things
questions related to I-94 approved asylum:
- 26b Expiration date of Authorized Stay Shown on I-94 (the white little hard paper I received doesn't have any expiration date) Shall I leave it blank?
- 26c Status on form I-94 (the white little hard paper does not have any status) Shall I write the Initial status I entered the country in B2 or leave it blank?
- 27 current immigration status: Shall I write approved asylum?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Everyone,
Next week I will be able to file my I-485 after spending 1 year as approved asylum. I will be filing it myself and I would like to double check few things
questions related to I-94 approved asylum:
- 26b Expiration date of Authorized Stay Shown on I-94 (the white little hard paper I received doesn't have any expiration date) Shall I leave it blank?
- 26c Status on form I-94 (the white little hard paper does not have any status) Shall I write the Initial status I entered the country in B2 or leave it blank?
- 27 current immigration status: Shall I write approved asylum?

Thanks in advance :)
Good questions. If someone knew the answers please explain and it would benefit everyone who is applying for i-485.

@heretothankyouall If you get the answers to all your questions please post it here.

26b, they mean expiration day on the i-94 given to you when you entered the US no the one with approved asylum
26c , i entered with a b1/b2 visa so i entered that
current stats , asylee

26b, they mean expiration day on the i-94 given to you when you entered the US no the one with approved asylum
26c , i entered with a b1/b2 visa so i entered that
current stats , asylee
Great! very useful thanks a lot. I only have a final question. 26a. Form I94 arrival-Departure number is the same as on the one of the approved asylum (hard white paper)

Great! very useful thanks a lot. I only have a final question. 26a. Form I94 arrival-Departure number is the same as on the one of the approved asylum (hard white paper)
no , the one you were given when you entered the US , assuming yo entered legally . depending when you entered the US you either were giving i-94 card similar to the one given to you when your asylum approved , or it's electronically issued and you can get the i-94 number online by visiting this link

go to "get most recent i-94"

this information should be on your asylum application i-589 just copy it from there .

no , the one you were given when you entered the US , assuming yo entered legally . depending when you entered the US you either were giving i-94 card similar to the one given to you when your asylum approved , or it's electronically issued and you can get the i-94 number online by visiting this link

go to "get most recent i-94"

this information should be on your asylum application i-589 just copy it from there .
Thanks again, I actually have the I-94 number of my first visit to the US in 2017. While when I applied for asylum in was my second visit in 2019 which does not have any I94 record. In the I-589 it says "What is your current I-94 Number, if any? and I answered with the old I94 from my 2017 visit.
Also I just found this https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1696?language=en_US worth checking, it says use the white paper information if you don't find results online. So I will use the number and visa type"B2" then I will just use the expiry date of the stamp when I got in

Last edited: