Filing US Citizenship - Divorced abroad but ex-wife has invalid Green Card.

UAsInUsa

My apology if this is a repeat question.

I am eligible to apply for US Citizenship but I would like to know if I have to do anything extra because of my peculiar situation.

I was married in India. She joined me on H4 when I was on H1. We both got permanent resident card (GC) in employment category. My spouse never worked in the USA and our kid was born here in the USA.

Things did not work out between us and we decided to part away. We mutually divorced in India and as per the law she gets to keep the custody of our kid. She has overstayed the period abroad allowed to keep the GC valid( actually more than 2 yrs after reentry permit expired) So I am assuming she can't use that GC again.

My question is would there be any issue while filing N400? Do I need to prepare any extra paperwork to show that I am divorced and I have gave the alimony to ex spouse and to our kid? When do you think I would have to submit my proof of divorce?

My apology if this is a repeat question.

I am eligible to apply for US Citizenship but I would like to know if I have to do anything extra because of my peculiar situation.

I was married in India. She joined me on H4 when I was on H1. We both got permanent resident card (GC) in employment category. My spouse never worked in the USA and our kid was born here in the USA.

Things did not work out between us and we decided to part away. We mutually divorced in India and as per the law she gets to keep the custody of our kid. She has overstayed the period abroad allowed to keep the GC valid( actually more than 2 yrs after reentry permit expired) So I am assuming she can't use that GC again.

My question is would there be any issue while filing N400? Do I need to prepare any extra paperwork to show that I am divorced and I have gave the alimony to ex spouse and to our kid? When do you think I would have to submit my proof of divorce?

Yes, you seem to have a grasp on the information that is required. The N-400 asks about your marital status. The alimony/child support is a GMC issue. You seem to be aware and have a good idea of the documents required. Provide the docs up front or else they will ask for them and that will likely cause a delay.