Filing i-539 extension more than once

skh1998

Is it legal to file i-539 extension more than once to allow B2-Visitors to stay beyond 12 months from the date they arrived in the US? Is USCIS providing any exceptions for visitors with high health risk (those 70+ years old) so they can stay longer than 12 months and not have to fly back to their country in current COVID pandemic situation?​

Yes, it's legal. 8 CFR 214.2(b)(1) says:
Any B-1 visitor for business or B-2 visitor for pleasure may be admitted for not more than one year and may be granted extensions of temporary stay in increments of not more than six months each, [...]

Thank you for the response. If I understand correctly what you said, multiple i-539 extensions are possible but total stay cannot exceed more than 12 months from the date of arrival to the US. Is that right?

If the i-539 extension application is denied, does your US multiple entry Visa become invalid even though the expiration date on the Visa is still 3-4 years in the future?

Thank you for the response. If I understand correctly what you said, multiple i-539 extensions are possible but total stay cannot exceed more than 12 months from the date of arrival to the US. Is that right?
No, that is not correct. The initial period of stay granted cannot be more than 12 months (it usually is no more than 6 months), and each extension can be no more than 6 months, but there is no limit to the number of extensions or the amount of total time granted through all the extensions.

If the i-539 extension application is denied, does your US multiple entry Visa become invalid even though the expiration date on the Visa is still 3-4 years in the future?
If you are still in the US at the time of the denial, yes.

No, that is not correct. The initial period of stay granted cannot be more than 12 months (it usually is no more than 6 months), and each extension can be no more than 6 months, but there is no limit to the number of extensions or the amount of total time granted through all the extensions.
Thank you.