Filing I-130 petition for my wife. Help needed

vatsa82

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have a quick question on I-485 and I-130. I am now a U.S citizen as of last week. I have applied for my U.S passport, so I neither posses my GC or 'Certificate of Naturalization' currently.

From what I read in I-130 instructions form, I need to submit my 'Certificate of Naturalization' and U.S passport for petitioning for my wife. It will be another 4-6 weeks before I get my certificate back and U.S passport. So, do I have to wait for another 6 weeks before petitioning for my wife? Can I call USCIS and get the certificate number and then submit I-130 ( (without the original or copy of the certificate)

This is right out of the instructions form. I do not have the certificate number, neither did I make a copy of the certificate.

1)A copy of your naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS or the former INS.

2)A copy of your unexpired U.S. passport

3)An original statement from a U.S. consular officer verifying that you are a U.S. citizen with a valid passport.
Where can I get no 3 above? I guess I have no choice but to wait for my passport and certificate to arrive before petitioning , right?

Hi,
I have a quick question on I-485 and I-130. I am now a U.S citizen as of last week. I have applied for my U.S passport, so I neither posses my GC or 'Certificate of Naturalization' currently.

From what I read in I-130 instructions form, I need to submit my 'Certificate of Naturalization' and U.S passport for petitioning for my wife. It will be another 4-6 weeks before I get my certificate back and U.S passport. So, do I have to wait for another 6 weeks before petitioning for my wife? Can I call USCIS and get the certificate number and then submit I-130 ( (without the original or copy of the certificate)

This is right out of the instructions form. I do not have the certificate number, neither did I make a copy of the certificate.

Where can I get no 3 above?
--------------------You dont need that if filing I-130 with USCIS.
I guess I have no choice but to wait for my passport and certificate to arrive before petitioning , right?

Wait for the US passport and Naturalization certificate.
You need Naturalization certificate number so that you can write on I-130.
You can fill I-130 for your wife, G325A for your wife (4 copies) your G325 (4 copies).
Once you get US passport and Naturalization certificate then file the papers. FYI I-485 can only be filed for her if she is in US.

I-130 instructions form, I need to submit my 'Certificate of Naturalization' and U.S passport for petitioning for my wife.

Congrats on the Citizenship, but unless I am missing something here, if the instructions say "submit US Passport," then having all the other information will not matter until your passport arrives. Apparently the Certificate arrives back within about a week of that.

With the information you have provided, waiting for those both to arrive back is your only option.

You only need to submit a copy of US passport OR copy of your naturalization certificate, no originals are required.

Photocopying Naturalization Certificate

I am in the same predicament, I did not make copies of the naturalization certificate as it says in bold red that you cannot copy the certificate. If thats the case how do we submit a copy to USCIS for the 485 application of spouse?

I am in the same predicament, I did not make copies of the naturalization certificate as it says in bold red that you cannot copy the certificate. If thats the case how do we submit a copy to USCIS for the 485 application of spouse?
You can make the copy of naturalization certificate for your records or if you need to send it with any petition.