Filing GC second time from another organization

shomikin

Hi,

I filed my Green Card (EB3) when I was in US in the year 2009 and was working for organization A. Post which I shifted to India in the year 2010. At that point in time I heard that my I-140 was approved and the remaining processing would shift to consular based processing. Later I switched my organization to Organization B. I am planning to comeback to USA again.. I am disconnected from this GC processing for last 8 years and do not know whether its active or invalidated.

What I would like to know are as below

1. When I left US I understood that my I-140 was approved. How do I know the latest status on this application? In the current scenario can I apply for H1B Cap Exempt from Organization B?
2. Can my Green Card application be transferred to Organization B ?
3. Is there a way to procure the I-140 approval notice and any other subsequent approvals that took place during these last 8 years (2010 to 2018)?
4. Is there a way to apply for another fresh GC when I am in US through Organization B

Please respond urgently.

Thanks

1.Find out from employer if they are still willing to hire you and if I-140 is not withdrawn, then you can request employment verification letter & file I-485/485J ONLY if priority date is current.
2. If you are willing to file green card from employer B then you need to start PERM & I-140 of course you can port earliest filed priority date.
3. You can request all your immigration record thru FOIA (freedom of information act)

So essentially what you are saying is that through employer B a fresh GC has to be filed ? There is no way to get the earlier processing transferred?

You misunderstood me. Yes you need to file new PERM & I-140 thru new employer AND you should be able to port earliest filed priority date. I believe you need to first get your previous I-140 info thru FOIA your new employer might need for porting priority date.

Thanks for taking time and responding. What if I do not want to port and I want to start fresh? Last time EB3 was filed. But this time I would be eligible for EB1. Hence I would rather want to do everything fresh.