Filing GC in EB2

mkgirl

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My friend is a project manager in an IT company earning 80K with Masters in Arts. He has PMP and Six sigma black belt. Does that qualify him to file GC in EB 2 ?

Does the job require a Masters degree, or at least a Bachelors with 5 years experience?

EB2 is not only about the individual's qualifications, it's also about the job requirements.

Thanks for the reply.
He is a Project Manager in an IT company. It does need masters surely. But is that ok if its Masters in Arts, since he is having the job presently they dont mind the education. He has over 10 years experience in IT industry and 5 years in PM. Will Immigration be fine with him filing in EB2 ?

Thanks for the reply.
He is a Project Manager in an IT company. It does need masters surely. But is that ok if its Masters in Arts, since he is having the job presently they dont mind the education. He has over 10 years experience in IT industry and 5 years in PM. Will Immigration be fine with him filing in EB2 ?
Project Manager or VP or Certificate PMP or Six Sigma does not make one eligible for EB2. The person has Master degree in Arts and IT experirnce of 10+5 years. It all depends on the job duties or skills required for the job ( GC is for Future Job). Employer may not have problem with Education but DOL may have. Your friend should go to lawyer who is going to file his LC with all his education evaluation, Education degree certificates and all the IT experence letters and find out if he is eligible for EB2.If his lawyer says that he is eligible for EB2 then it depends on Employer if employer is ready to file in EB2.

*** Did your friend had any I-140 filed and approved through any Employer in Past?? if yes does he has any evidence?

Thanks for the reply.

How much experience did he have before joining the current company? Did he complete his Masters before being hired?

Thanks for the reply.
I dont know about his I-140.

Yes he finished Masters in India immediately after schooling. So around 15 years back, he 10 years experience before he joined this company.

Thanks for the reply.
I dont know about his I-140.
------ Find out from him as you are asking questions for him Or let him post directly.
Yes he finished Masters in India immediately after schooling. So around 15 years back, he 10 years experience before he joined this company.
--------If he is working with Employer A and A is going to file his LC then his exp with A will not be counted.
--Having Master degree or PhD does not mean that he will automaticaly becomes eligible for EB2. All depends on Job posting, Advertising, Skills, Education requirement for the job. He should ask his lawyer all the details with all his EXP or Education certificates and any Educational Evaluations .

Here is update from Attorney Matthew Oh:
11/18/2011: DOL Inspector General Reports Foreign Labor Certification Frauds and Need for Enhanced "Integrity" in Foreign Labor Certification Processing

This report which was issued only three days back emphasized tightening of "integrity" in foreign labor certification management. The Office of Foreign Labor Certification has already increased number of audits and supervised recruitment for PERM processing, and this report of its Inspector General is likely to further affect the labor certification adjudication process negatively in the future. Employers, beware!