Filing GC for parent from India when they're in US on tourist visa

the_chosen

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I'm planning to file GC (I-130) for my father from India i.e. filing center will be New Delhi. He is currently visiting me in USA right now on tourist visa. He won't be adjusting status so no I-485 is in question. He plans to return to India in about a month.
He is within the 6 months period of tourist visa in US and has never overstayed/ no problems ever on tourist visa.

My questions is: Can I file GC (I-130) for him from India while he is in USA?

No wonder things get so complicated. So, 'Hi all, My parents (who are US Citizens)' is an euphemism for friends parents?

Suggest that you really should ask others to create profiles and ask their own questions.

Agree with Susie above.

The internet is so funny. We have people who ask for “friends” when they are really asking for themselves, and people who ask for themselves then assert its for friends when caught out later. Life would be much simpler if everyone just asked for themselves :)

No wonder things get so complicated. So, 'Hi all, My parents (who are US Citizens)' is an euphemism for friends parents?

Suggest that you really should ask others to create profiles and ask their own questions.

Agree with Susie above.
I'll be sure to inform my friend that the post I put in his stead about a year ago has caused insurmountable confusion on the internet. I'll also take a few days off work, just to teach him to use immigration forums. I'm sure he'll be devastated by this news.

I'll be sure to inform my friend that the post I put in his stead about a year ago has caused insurmountable confusion on the internet. I'll also take a few days off work, just to teach him to use immigration forums. I'm sure he'll be devastated by this news.

Your friend needs a few days just to learn how to use an Internet forum? Not even by himself but with someone teaching him? Wow...

Your friend needs a few days just to learn how to use an Internet forum? Not even by himself but with someone teaching him? Wow...
His post screams “sarcasm” i wouldnt take him serious at this point!!

GL to him seeking advice in the future !!

Please do and keep us posted (yeah I get the sarcasm).

Sarcasm (to a point) is acceptable. Snippiness is not.

My advice was real though! Keep it simple; one account per applicant!

If anyone is still following this. I checked with an immigration lawyer today. He confirmed what SusieQQQ had also said. Filing in this situation is perfectly ok.