Filing first EAD. Lawyer vs self. Electronic vs regular.

pmk26

Registered Users (C)
Greetings,
I need to apply for my *first* EAD. Should I be doing it thru. a lawyer or self? If I file myself, should I file electronic or regular mail? Please advice.

Also, we recently had our finger printing and biometrics appointment... would we be asked to have the FP done again?

I will be reading the EAD online guide in this forum but thats a lot of reading and it might be outdated so if somebody has filed thier *first* EAD online recently please share details of your experience like the documents you had to send by mail, any thing I should be cautious of while filing online etc... any and all advice is appreciated.

thank you,
pmk26

Greetings,
I need to apply for my *first* EAD. Should I be doing it thru. a lawyer or self? If I file myself, should I file electronic or regular mail? Please advice.

Also, we recently had our finger printing and biometrics appointment... would we be asked to have the FP done again?

I will be reading the EAD online guide in this forum but thats a lot of reading and it might be outdated so if somebody has filed thier *first* EAD online recently please share details of your experience like the documents you had to send by mail, any thing I should be cautious of while filing online etc... any and all advice is appreciated.

thank you,
pmk26

Self - regular mail

Thanks for the reply mmed.

Why? There seem to be many advantages to electronic filing.

thank you,
pmk26

Thanks for the reply mmed.

Why? There seem to be many advantages to electronic filing.

thank you,
pmk26

The only disadvantage if you live far from supporting center, this will cost you a trip to the center for FP and you still have to send supporting documents by mail. so, just file it paper and that is it. Up to you both are fine.

I prepared my EAD paperwork myself but I did get consultations with immigration attorneys through the standard family legal service plan my wife and I are members of: www.legalserviceplans.info . For only $16 per month we got all our questions answered and, obviously, we did everything correctly since we both received our EADs.
Since I applied for the EAD and I-485 at the same time, filing electronically was not an option. You'd probably need to submit supporting documents for your application so I would advise you to file everything at once and by mail. Supposedly, your application is processed faster if you file electronically but I don't know anyone who has applied this way in order to confirm it with you. Good luck! I'm sure you'll get your EAD one way or another.