filing EAD/AP before my current one expires..

gc_san

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to file EAD reneval and new AP for my wife.

1.how many days before I can file the ead renewal before the
current one expires?.

2.Can I file by mail.Is it the same way I filled a year ago for my EAD and AP.or anything recently changed?..

Thanks...

I am trying to file EAD renewal and new AP for my wife.

1.how many days before I can file the ead renewal before the
current one expires?.
----6 months advance
2.Can I file by mail.Is it the same way I filled a year ago for my EAD and AP.or anything recently changed?..
---- yes, you can file by mail it is same as year ago. they have also started efiling but by mail is much better if you attach all the correct fees, fill up the form 1-765, attach the copy of present EAD both the sides, copy of I-485 filing reciept and TOP mailer that your wife got with EAD earlier, out side the envelope write in big bold letters: Form I-765 for EAD renewal

*** if the service center is NSC or VSC dont forget to send the Color Copy of Driving licence or state ID and color copy of First page of the passport that has photograph, DOB, name and PP 3 on it

ball_magnet

yes you can file EAD 6 months advance of expiry
One can file H1 extension 6 months advace of H1 expiry or I-94 expiry
you can file AP any time no 6 months advance rule for AP or if you got AP approved todayey you can file new AP next day. normaly one files 6 months advance becasue USCIS takes time for AP and many are waiting AP to be approved for 7 months