Filing AOS marriage based with an arrest.

LBL

Registered Users (C)
I was arrested for receiving stolen property 7 months ago. A friend of mine bought merchandise online with stolen credit card and sent them to my house. I did not know he used stolen credit card. I got arrested and the case is under review. My lawyer said it is unlikely for them to file it because they cannot prove that I knowingly participated in the crime. I included a stamped letter from DA's office saying that my case is "under review but have not decided to file against me" for initial evidence. I was told by others that they will delay the process of my application to see whether there are any charges against me. Please offer me your opinions. Thank you so much.

I just got the receipt for my application last week. The best case scenario is that the case gets dropped before I go to interview but it may not get dropped by then. I just wonder if they delay my AOS then what is gonna happen to me? Can I stay here legally and work while waiting for a dismissal on the criminal charge? Thank you.