Filing 485 for My kid

chrisp

Hello All,

Both I and my wife are Canadian citizens working in US on TN. We are planning to file 140 & 485 concurrently next month. Our daughter (1 year old) is in India with grand parents. She went to India from Canada and never got TD so far. Question 1) Can we apply GC (I mean include her in 485 application) 2)Should she be here in US when we file for 485 3) does she need to have medicals for 485

Both I and my wife are Canadian citizens working in US on TN. We are planning to file 140 & 485 concurrently next month. Our daughter (1 year old) is in India with grand parents. She went to India from Canada and never got TD so far. Question 1) Can we apply GC (I mean include her in 485 application)

-- Every applicant (including the child) has to have own I-485 application.

2)Should she be here in US when we file for 485

-- Yes, otherwise, she will not be able to come back to the US once you file for her I-485. Therefore, get her here in the US and file for her AP and I-485.

3) does she need to have medicals for 485

-- Yes, absolutely.

-- Every applicant (including the child) has to have own I-485 application.

-- Yes, otherwise, she will not be able to come back to the US once you file for her I-485. Therefore, get her here in the US and file for her AP and I-485.

-- Yes, absolutely.

In fact, an I-485 cannot be filed if one is out of the country, as status has to be provided. Remember that you do not have to file I-485 all togeher at same time. If yours is ready, do yours.