filed from northern VA area around 25th september 2010 and no response after finger print

cranky_jutt

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got FP done last week of october 2010. there is no response after that. people have been talking about YL letter. i received no such letter. i saw RFE on online status and called USCIS. they sent me email saying that was for FP notice letter.

what should i do?
i can not even do infopass appointment for this case.
anyone in similar case ?

You not alone.I did my FP two weeks after you even though i did got the yellow letter i was thinking i should have recieved the interview letter by now.

Hi,

I got FP done last week of october 2010. there is no response after that. people have been talking about YL letter. i received no such letter. i saw RFE on online status and called USCIS. they sent me email saying that was for FP notice letter.

what should i do?
anyone in similar case ?

The online status showing an RFE is just how they record the fact that a fingerprint notice has been sent.

You are most likely stuck in the FBI name check (which has nothing to do with the particular DO). To know for sure you'd have to schedule an INFOPASS appointment and ask them directly about the reason for the delay. You can also file an e-request about the status of your case online, at https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do;jsessionid=cabIyDKKeCeuJ6_nrDR2s

thank you folks
i tried making e-request and got following response. infopass appointment does not have option to make appointment for N400 application

Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. For information about processing dates, please view the recent processing times for applications and petitions.

If you have other questions regarding your application or petition, contact USCIS Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY).

how long does FBI name check takes ?

That's very unpredictable. Until about the end of 2008 long name check delays (I mean years) were quite common. In my case I was stuck in the name check for over 2 years. These days most name checks are done in less than 3 months, but there are still some cases where it takes considerably longer. If you can't submit an e-request yet, schedule an INFOPASS and see what they tell you.

You can read up about what exactly the name check is at wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI_Name_Check (although their info seems somewhat out of date).

Hi,

what should i do?
anyone in similar case ?

Northern VA which is the Washington D.C DO is one of the slowest in the nation. You get your fingerprint notice within a month, but everything after that moves very very slow. It sometimes takes 3 months from FP for the case to be transfered to local office.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?117422-Wash-DC-(Fairfax)-N-400-Timeline

thank you folks
i tried making e-request and got following response. infopass appointment does not have option to make appointment for N400 application

Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. For information about processing dates, please view the recent processing times for applications and petitions.

If you have other questions regarding your application or petition, contact USCIS Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY).

The following InfoPass options are offered on the computer screen when I looked at it and the first one would be the one to choose.

Please select Kind of Service you need :

You need Service on a case that has already been filed

You are a new Permanent Resident and have not yet received your Permanent Resident Card

You want to file an application in person

You need information or other services

You need a form.

You are a United States Military Member, Military Retiree or a Military Dependant

Thanks folks

My online status on USCIS website says "Testing and Interview"
I guess i will get interview scheduled pretty soon.

Thanks folks

My online status on USCIS website says "Testing and Interview"
I guess i will get interview scheduled pretty soon.

Don't count on it, FairFax, DO is the worst one in the nation. I would strongly encourage you to make it a hobby to visit the DO monthly, so as to continue to remind them you are still alive and care about your application. N400 can be mistakenly be buried by an IO, so your monthly harassment should ensure someone is forced to check your application and report back to you.