File transfered to NY

Thomas_Varghese

Registered Users (C)
Hi All:
I applied for Canadian PR in February 2005 to Buffalo. Today I got a letter stating that my file is transfered to NY office. It says my file is transfered to NY to expedite the process.

Any idea why this happened? Anybody else with the same experience?

Appreciate your reply.

Regards,
Thomas.

Hi Thomas
Did you get anything with that like interview letter or medical and also where do you live in New York?

No. Nothing. It just says 'The Canadian Consulate General in NY will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required'.

I live in NJ.

Regards,
Thomas.

That is a good sign ....maybe after reviewing your file they will waive the interview and send you the medical forms.This is good that your file has been transfered to NY because you live in New york,in our case our file is still in buffalo and they have send us a letter that you are required to appear in an interview in Buffalo and if they trasfer the file to any other place other than Buffalo(like in Los Angeles where we live)we will let you know.So in your case this is good that your few months have been saved by transfering your file earlier beforw the interview and mediacl.Good luck.

File transferred to LA

Hi,
I got a letter yesterday from the canadian consulate saying that my file has been transferred to LA and prsing will take place from there and they will review if interview is required.

so is that mean that interview has been waived? Will they ask for medicals in the next step? At which stage should I have the funds ready and at which stage should I pay the remaining application amount I only paid the 1st installment while sending the application for PR)?

Thanks & Good Luck.

I got a similar letter & then within 1 month got the letter for medicals. hope this helps.

Thanks for ur reply.So u did not have any interview.....???
With medicals what else did they ask for?

Thanks.

Hi All
I am new to this Forum Here is my info

AOR: May 2005
File Transfer to New York: March 15
No update after that. My question is

How long it is taking to get IA if file transferred to NY?

Very tensed

no hard and fast rule..... i got mine after 3 weeks...... it depends on how many applications are there on NY office befre yours....

good luck.

Thanks Thomas.
Another question
In my application I am princial Applicant and my wife is co applicant. She is in India and she can't come to USA. How does consulate hanlde this kind of cases
1. Will she get the medical and visa stamped in India
or
Mediacal in India and She had to send her passport in US to get stamped

I am not sure about this... May be some experts can answer this question.

I am sure she can do her medicals in India. This is mentioned in the medical paper I received recently (that if a person is temporarly or out of US for a period they can get this done from a local CIC approved medical centre)....

I am not sure how stamping can be done alone for her in India.... May be she can get her passport to you somehow and you can send both to CIC from here?????

I am not sure.... Anyway I am sure there is a way for this... Dont worry abt this now.... Wait for your IA and complete everything as per IA....

QAForum said:
Hi All
I am new to this Forum Here is my info

AOR: May 2005
File Transfer to New York: March 15
No update after that. My question is

How long it is taking to get IA if file transferred to NY?

Very tensed
-------------------------------------
Guys
Good new I want to share with everyone
I got my IA yesterday asking for [ IA Date 4/3/2006]
1. Medicals
2. Bank Statement
3. Landing Fee

They waived everything else police clearence, Passprot Clearence, Interview.

Guess the files in NY are getting processed faster than in LA.My file was transferred to LA ...I guess 1 1/2 months back...Waiting for IA?

My AOR is March 2005

Anybody in the same timeline got IA from LA?

Hi

I have question. In my IA consulate has asked for
1. Medical
2. Landing Fee
3. Proof of funds

Can I send Landing Fee and proof of funds now and medical Later? Secondly Can I get my Medical Done in India? [I had applied at Buffalo]

you have to send everything in the 90 day period they mentioned. If you have enough reason for not doing medicals, inform CIC as soon as possible and see what they say...

Yes. You can do it in India. Ur IA might have said this already.. if you are away from US for a considerable amt of time, you can get medicals from the CIC approved doctors.

Thanks Thomas. I am done with the Medicals and sent the Landing Fee and required documents how long it takes after that for Passport Request.

Thanks