File sent from Local Office to Nebraska

usworker

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My PD is Jan 04, EB2 India.The 485 application was filed with nebraska.The case was transferred to the local office in Aug 05.We had interviews at the local office in Nov 05.Our background checks got cleared on May 6th,08.During a recent infopass, we were given the update that our file has been sent to nebraska for a decision.

The online status says the case was transferred to local office Aug 05.Last updated Oct 05.

Can someone help us understand how to interpret this movement ? Is this normal protocol?

Thanks.

Hi all,

My PD is Jan 04, EB2 India.The 485 application was filed with nebraska.The case was transferred to the local office in Aug 05.We had interviews at the local office in Nov 05.Our background checks got cleared on May 6th,08.During a recent infopass, we were given the update that our file has been sent to nebraska for a decision.

The online status says the case was transferred to local office Aug 05.Last updated Oct 05.

Can someone help us understand how to interpret this movement ? Is this normal protocol?

Thanks.

If the I-485 was transferred to Local USCIS office for Interview then after Interview the Local office sends the file to Service center. After the Interview with local office officer stamp the passport and send the file for Card production to Service center and it takes 15-20 days to reach the file in service center.

Did the officer asked to Sign on White form and took your index fingerprint on that White form ?
your background checks got cleared on May 6th,08 and the delay........... you need to contact service center or better go to your Senator /congressman office let them find out the update ( on Cover letter write clearly the problem, provide copy of I-485 receipt, Name, DOB, A#, I-485 receipt # and copy of online status )

Did the officer asked to Sign on White form and took your index fingerprint on that White form ?
your background checks got cleared on May 6th,08 and the delay........... you need to contact service center or better go to your Senator /congressman office let them find out the update ( on Cover letter write clearly the problem, provide copy of I-485 receipt, Name, DOB, A#, I-485 receipt # and copy of online status )

ginnu,

Thanks for the reply. where we supposed to sign the White form the day of our Interview? Our interview was in Nov ,05 so its been a while and I do not recall whether we signed such a form or not. That day the officer told us that he could not stamp out passports as background check was still pending.

Also to clarify,the IO during our recent infopass confirmed that the file had been recived by nebraska. After the name check was cleared on may 6th, the file was sent to nebraska on may 16.

Do you have any more feedback for us?
Appreciate your help.

ginnu,

Thanks for the reply. where we supposed to sign the White form the day of our Interview? Our interview was in Nov ,05 so its been a while and I do not recall whether we signed such a form or not.

That day the officer told us that he could not stamp out passports as background check was still pending.
--------------------------------It means ofiicer did not approve the case on that date and did not gave you the White form for signature.
Also to clarify,the IO during our recent infopass confirmed that the file had been recived by nebraska. After the name check was cleared on may 6th, the file was sent to nebraska on may 16.
---------------- wait for few days or do what I wrote in past message
Do you have any more feedback for us?
Appreciate your help.

-----------------------------