File I-485 when sponsor is umployed but sponsoree making enough money

aat0995

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am filed employment based I-485. Now my spouse is going to be a citizen and I need to file a new I-485. However, it requires me to file I-864 and my spouse is unemployed since last 6 months. Can anyone please help me on how to go about it? I am in US and earn enough to be over the poverty line.

Thanks!!

Are you sure? Wouldn't I fall under 24E (I-864)

24 d. The persons listed above have completed Form I-864A. I am filing along with this form all necessary Forms I-864A completed by these persons.

24 e.The person listed above, xyz, does not need to complete Form I-864A because he/she is the intending immigrant and has no accompanying dependents.

Hmmm. You are right. I was having a brain freeze. Since you are the immigrating spouse with no dependents, you do fall under 24(e). Sorry about that.

Are you sure? Wouldn't I fall under 24E (I-864)

24 d. The persons listed above have completed Form I-864A. I am filing along with this form all necessary Forms I-864A completed by these persons.

24 e.The person listed above, xyz, does not need to complete Form I-864A because he/she is the intending immigrant and has no accompanying dependents.