Fiancé visa question


New Member
I have a question regarding fiancé visa. My girlfriend who I intend to marry is a citizen of one country but has temporary residency and lives in another country. Could I file the fiancé visa for her when she resides in another country? Or would she have to return to her home country? Any insight is appreciated. Thank you.
She should ideally apply for a K1 in the country of her permanent residence.. unless on a long-term (student/work) visa in the other country.