Few questions on EAD/AP, needs advice... Please

StillAlive

Registered Users (C)
1. My current EAD has a note "fingerprint not available", since I gave FP after EAD approval. When I renew my 2nd EAD now, should I give another FP to get EAD?
2. I am planning to travel on AP this month and comeback before it expires. If I choose not renew AP even after it expires (as per approval notice) as I don;t any travel, Is it OK or it violates the rule.
3. Do I need to submit copy of Labor application for EAD/AP submission.
4. Can I travel outside the country while EAD/AP application are pending?

Thanks for your time.

some though

you need a valid AP to re-enter the country. You cannot re-enter the country on an expired AP.

Dont worry about the EAD. Now that they have your FP the next one should not say "FP not avialable".

Make sure all your documents are proper before travelling. else it will be difficult for you to enter the country again.

Thanks supply_demand

I am reentering before my current AP expires.
What do you mean by "Make sure all your documents are proper before travelling."

Do you mean carry all the relavent documents or apply for the renewal before going?

supply_demand said:
you need a valid AP to re-enter the country. You cannot re-enter the country on an expired AP.

Dont worry about the EAD. Now that they have your FP the next one should not say "FP not avialable".

Make sure all your documents are proper before travelling. else it will be difficult for you to enter the country again.

My actual question is, my AP will expire 2 weeks after I re-enter US.
Is it mandatory to keep the AP renewed like H1-B. If not are there any known problems when we apply AP to renew next time after current AP is expired for couple of months.

Thanks

TheRealCanadian said:
The former. There's no need to renew the AP if it's still valid when you return.

StillAlive...

"My actual question is, my AP will expire 2 weeks after I re-enter US.
Is it mandatory to keep the AP renewed like H1-B. If not are there any known problems when we apply AP to renew next time after current AP is expired for couple of months."

There is no need to renew the AP. It is, however, a good idea to have a valid AP at all times, especially given the processing times these days.

Please be careful about the expiry of the current AP because you *MUST* reenter the country before the AP -- two week period is reasonably safe. In an extreme scenario, God forbid, e.g. in case of an emergency, one has to come back to US, apply for an emergency EAD, and then go back...

S

supply_demand said:

Hi Supply_Demand,

I have done Code 3 Biometrics after concurrent filing of I-140,I-485 and EAD/AP.I am now on my 3rd EAD. I noticed that it says FP not available.
Is it ok since i have done Code 3 Biometrics and my FP were taken (and also cleared by the FBI). Should i be concerned??

Regards.