Fee Waiver for GC rejected

T

The.Walker

Hey folks, I'm aware that creating a new thread wasn't necessary because I didn't want my post in another GC thread being ignored and thought I'd start a new topic instead.

Anyhow, I received the rejection notice after 7 weeks. I suppose, people who don't collect unemployment checks or Food stamps shouldn't really be applying for Fee Waivers in the eyes of the USCIS.

I've realized that I've completely wasted 7 weeks so I don't wish to wait any longer.

My questions is, there's a printed thing on a right hand side of the supporting documents..it doesn't really look like a code but it seems like the documents have been scanned or something. Will I be ok with sending the same documents? I foolishly sent original documents ( of Lease agreements and other docs ) to the Uscis and now, it seems I'm gonna be pay for it. Please note that the code sorta things ( like a link of a website on top of a picture that you'd see when you print a pic off an email ) haven't really messed anything up...but I'm really uncertain...

Also, someone suggested that RTD also serves as a proof of residency. What page(s) should I photocopy to verify that I haven't left the States.

I don't understand. What do you mean by I don't need anything? I have a letter from my school official that verifies 4 months of residence while another lease contract verifies 5 months of stay I've also got some bills but not a whole lot of documents meant for proof of residency...

I must disagree with u ............... i dont get food stamps or unemployment benefits but still they aprove me for fee wavier (N-400)...if u really deserve and have enough evidence u will be approved ... i think u didnt attach proper docs with ur fee wavier request.....
I attached .
1- tax returns
2- medical bills (pending)
3- letter of hardship
4-Utility bills
5- Letter from my mrtg company and
6- My credit card bills for the current month.

I don't understand. What do you mean by I don't need anything? I have a letter from my school official that verifies 4 months of residence while another lease contract verifies 5 months of stay I've also got some bills but not a whole lot of documents meant for proof of residency...

USCIS didn't ask for a proof, don't send copies of your passport or bills or school records if they didn't ask for it.

what i said wasn't very complicated. what didn't you understand? you do not need to send any proof of 1 year residency to USCIS, unless you have been outside the US since you got your asylum. only then you will need to send proof.

If you are present in united states for 1 year, you surely have lived somewhere. Get a letter frm landlord or whoever you lived with. This one page doc. is more than enough to prove your 1 year stay.

Thanks for the comments. I didn't really sweat over finding documents to verify my 1 year of residence. However, I didnt send them copies of W-2s, a letter from my school official ( that proved that I stayed on campus until my graduation day ).

Also, I don't really know beep beep. My income last year totaled to MUCH less than poverty line.

The strange thing is, I received a "rejection notice" because I had failed to send a filing fee. That was really weird considering the fact that I sent them an affidavit and several documents that proved my financial documents ( car loans, credit card statements, utility bills etc. ).

I just sent them a new application. Also, I noticed that USCIS have gathered sense now and we can actually receive notifications and updates via text messages and email messages.

I donno man what happend in ur case ..but i told u what i have sent them.... they also require u to write "FEE WAVIER REQUEST" in bold letters out side of envelope and evry single page of ur app... I hope that u have followed the procedure..... and also this letter

DECLARATION FORM: FEE WAIVER REQUEST
I. PERSONAL INFORMATION A# __________________________
1. Name: ______________________________________________________________
2. Address: ____________________________________________________________
Street, Apt. #
7. Date of Arrival in U.S. ____/______/______
CRITERIA FOR DETERMINING INABILITY TO PAY
I have received a federal means tested public benefit within the last 180
days and documentation is provided. The benefit received is:
___ Food stamps
___ SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
___ TANG (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families)
___ Medicaid
___ MFIP (Minnesota Family Investment Program)
___ Other (please explain) ______________________________________________
I request a waiver of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
application fees. I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is
true and correct. I am asking for a fee waiver because I am unable to pay
the fee.
Signed _______________________________________ Date ____________________
Fee Waiver Request Process
1. The fee waiver form, with signed affidavit (at bottom of
form), is sent with the N-400, a photocopy of the green card,
and 2 photos.
2. Attach documentation:
• recent letter showing social security benefits, or
• recent letter showing food stamp benefits, etc.
• recent tax return which indicates that income is below
poverty level (see chart on next page)
For more details, visit www.uscis.gov
3. Write a cover letter indicating what has been included and
why that qualifies the applicant for a fee waiver.
4. To facilitate the processing of fee waiver requests,
applicants should write in large print “Fee Waiver Request” on
the outside of the mailing envelope containing their
application or petition and fee waiver request, as well as at the
top of their affidavit and each page of their supporting
information.
5. Make copies of everything and send application by
registered mail.
6. The application may be rejected the first time you send it in.
Check the letter of rejection and send the application again
with additional documentation.
7. If a fee waiver request continues to be denied, the applicant
may have to pay the fee.

The 2009 Poverty Guidelines for the 48
Contiguous States
and the District of Columbia
Persons in family Poverty guideline
1 $10,830
2 14,570
3 18,310
4 22,050
5 25,790
6 29,530
7 33,270
8 37,010
For families with more than 8 persons, add $3,740
for each additional person.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is another intresting one i found online

DECLARATION OF INDIGENCY AND REQUEST FOR FEE WAIVER

I, _____________________(your name) declare:

1. I am filing an application for naturalization (N-400)
2. I am currently XXX years of age and I receive financial assistance under my
mother XXXX.
3. I have filed taxes for 2004, but my income falls below the required income
amount (2,129.00)
4. I receive $109.39 every two weeks as a College Assistant and have no other
income.
5. With my income I pay for my transportation, clothing and daily expenses. I
am
attaching my monthly budget with this declaration.
6. I live with my mother.
7. My income is not enough to pay for additional expenses.
8. Because of my limited income, I am unable to pay the N-400 filing fee.
9. I want to become a U.S. citizen and believe that I am eligible.
10. I, therefore request a fee waiver.

I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct to the best
of my knowledge.

XXXX Client’s Name

Alien Number

Date

USCIS, Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Dear Sir or Madam:

My name is XXX. I have been a green card holder since XXX. I am submitting my N-
400 application to your office along with a request for a fee waiver. I do hope that
you will consider my request because I truly want to become a U.S. Citizen. Thus
as proof of my eligibility for said waiver, please find the following documents:

1. Declaration of indigence
2. N-400 Fee Waiver Request (Budget)
3. A letter of support from XXXX.
4. A Copy of my U.S. Department of Housing Lease.
5. A copy of my Medical Bill.
6. A copy of my Health Insurance Card
7. A breakdown of my Financial Aid Awards
8. A Copy of my school identification card.
9. A Copy of my 2004 Tuition Statement Report
10. A copy of my 2004 Tax Transcript
11. Copies of my two recent pay stubs

As the enclosed documentation shows, I am working, but the biweekly amount
barely pays for my monthly expenses. I often rely on my mother to provide me with
financial assistance. Therefore, I am in no position to pay the $320.00
naturalization application-filing fee.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to call me at Cell# (XXX) XXX-
XXXX.

Cordially,

N-400 FEE WAIVER REQUEST
(BUDGET)

Name: _______________________________

Alien Number: ________________________

I, _________________________, declare under penalty of perjury pursuant to
28 USC § 1746, that I am unable to pay the Naturalization Application (N-400_ fee.
I declare that the following responses concerning my financial condition are true
and correct to the best of my knowledge.

ASSETS / EXPENSES

Wages/Salary $______/month

Housing $________/month
(rent, mortgage, etc.)

SSI $______/month

Food $_________/month

AFDC $_______/month

Utilities $______/month

Food Stamps $________/month

Clothing $_________/month

Other public benefits $________/month

Transportation $________/month

Other Income $________/month

Specify________________
(alimony, parental support, etc.)

Medical $ ________/month

Cash $________

Child Care $_________/month

Checking/Savings $________

Spousal Support $_________/month

Property $_______
(real estate, bonds, automobile,

Debts $________/month

jewelry, etc.)

Other $________/month
Specify______________

Total Income $_________/month Total Expenses $_________/month

Signature: ___________________________ Date: _______________________

I followed the procedures including writing "Fee Waiver Request" and everything but I didn't do anything about the letters that you've showed in here.

i have filed few GC application,s u dont ned proof of one year stay in US. if u did not travel outside for one eyar after winning asylum, all u need is write a letter to USCIS, saying, I have not departed the us since grant of asylum in ********* AND HAVE BEEN CONTINOUSLY PRESENT IN THE US SINCE GRANT OF ASYLUM !!!!! that's it. they denied my FEE WIAVER REQUEST FOR GC IN 2007 cos i didn't send them tax returns. I have now filed FEE WAIVER FOR BIOMETRIC FOR MY REENTRY PERMIT APPLICATION, i sent proof of having received food stamps as most recent as feb 2010 and also my tax return which was just few thousands with covered letter and everything done nicely. I did not yet received text or email about receipt and thinking they might have rejected it and might be sending back. but i don't know its been 10 days now. i will be shocked if they deny the fee waiver request for me!!!!!!!

The.Walker ...........u might wanna try it one more time with this letter u have to " declare under penalty of perjury" modify this letter according to ur curcumstances sign and date and I wish u GOODLUCK... i hope that this time u wil be approved for fee wavier.

Beep Beep and Raziel, I didn't wanna waste another 45 days. So I reapplied with a check.

And Beep Beep, I did do that. Anyways, it doesn't matter anymore since I've already sent a new application.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must disagree with u ............... i dont get food stamps or unemployment benefits but still they aprove me for fee wavier (N-400)...if u really deserve and have enough evidence u will be approved ... i think u didnt attach proper docs with ur fee wavier request.....
I attached .
1- tax returns
2- medical bills (pending)
3- letter of hardship
4-Utility bills
5- Letter from my mrtg company and
6- My credit card bills for the current month.

Beep Beep,
wow you got approved for fee waiver even though you own a house.

Walker can't even afford to rent a studio / room and he got rejected for fee waiver.