• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

February 2014 numbers released!!!

For those who feel like losing hope, don't be at the moment. For whatever reason the progress is so slow I really don't know and I think no one here would know but at least now we have more data to analyze each month so we roughly know whether we are nearing the global limit. For example in Asia, we now know 9.4k visas issued in DV13, so we can assume in DV-14 it has the same kind of quota which is 9.4k and we also have the CEAC data and so first 3 months it only issued 1.2k visas, which is just 12.7% of the regional quota, so we still have a lot of visa available right now.

In other word, we have more informative and we are not in the dark like the first 5 months. Let hope the 2nd half of DV-14 runs like a hare and not like a turtle anymore.

Good point Kayend. One thing I would pick up on is that the 9.4k was the numbers of visas issued without hitting the quota. The quota may have been 1 visa more, or 1000 visas more - we don't know, but given the additional headroom we have (I believe) because of NACARA, I would not be surprised if AS can go to 10k or perhaps even more....

Good point Kayend. One thing I would pick up on is that the 9.4k was the numbers of visas issued without hitting the quota. The quota may have been 1 visa more, or 1000 visas more - we don't know, but given the additional headroom we have (I believe) because of NACARA, I would not be surprised if AS can go to 10k or perhaps even more....

the more the merrier. :)

the more the merrier. :)

Absolutely.

Kayend, would you mind restating your current thoughts on max safe ranges for AS (for AS as a whole and also for Iran/Nepal) - I think you have the best handle on AS region, so would appreciate your thoughts.

Absolutely.

Kayend, would you mind restating your current thoughts on max safe ranges for AS (for AS as a whole and also for Iran/Nepal) - I think you have the best handle on AS region, so would appreciate your thoughts.

Hi Kayend/Britsimon

Appreciate i you guys could mention the max safe range for AS with considering current progress.

CN - AS000104**

The ONLY fly in the ointment is the VB progress BUT considering EU are ahead of last year, that really should not be a disappointment. You wouldn't have liked the Beemer anyway....

My mate just got an Evoque and I like it !!! Maybe I would wipe my tears with that when/if I do not get current everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

My mate just got an Evoque and I like it !!! Maybe I would wipe my tears with that when/if I do not get current everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

Oh yeah I like them. Range Rovers are cheaper in the US than here though! How the heck does THAT happen!

I have another question to pros;

In a non English forum, a winner claimed that at the 5th of May, he checked his status and he saw that he did not win lottery.
But after two months later, he checked his status again and he saw that his status is changed and he become a winner with a case number eu31xxx.
Can this be true?How is it possible?
Initially there were 125k winner and later at the visa bulletin, they added more winners and the numbers become 140k+. What do you think happened?

Oh yeah I like them. Range Rovers are cheaper in the US than here though! How the heck does THAT happen!

Everything is cheaper in America :) :) :)

In a non English forum, a winner claimed that at the 5th of May, he checked his status and he saw that he did not win lottery.
But after two months later, he checked his status again and he saw that his status is changed and he become a winner with a case number eu31xxx.

System error? Website overload? How many times did he try on the 5th ? Initially my confirmation number said that I have not been selected too.

Only 10k ?????????????? :(((((((((((((((((((((((((

oh yeah i like them. Range rovers are cheaper in the us than here though! How the heck does that happen!
You will fly for this car to live in the U.S.?
Major.

Last edited by a moderator:
But we make them here in the UK!
It doesn't matter! You BUY them in America!!! If you will buy one in Venezuela, it'll cost something around $225.000 (at government's based Exchange rate)

Last edited by a moderator:
But we make them here in the UK!

Reasons for Cheaper cars in America:

- size of the market (60 mill UK, over 300 mill US), if you sell more cheaper cars than expensive ones you will still make more profit, then there is servicing and parts
- financing and leasing - more people in the US by new cars, that's what they are used to and both my neighbor and friend who work for BMW and Jaguar-Land Rover respectively claim that those companies do not really make any money on cars, they are pretty much even, it is the FINANCING, parts and servicing that brings profits, they actually don't like people to pay cash for their cars :), all of the Yankees that I know buy awesome rides - on finance of course :)
- also they have to compete with Japaneses and American manufacturers, have to offer competitive pricing
- and you don't have to convince Brits that a Jag or LD are good, national pride (owned by Indians :))
-and its America :D

Reasons for Cheaper cars in America:

- size of the market (60 mill UK, over 300 mill US), if you sell more cheaper cars than expensive ones you will still make more profit, then there is servicing and parts
- financing and leasing - more people in the US by new cars, that's what they are used to and both my neighbor and friend who work for BMW and Jaguar-Land Rover respectively claim that those companies do not really make any money on cars, they are pretty much even, it is the FINANCING, parts and servicing that brings profits, they actually don't like people to pay cash for their cars :), all of the Yankees that I know buy awesome rides - on finance of course :)
- also they have to compete with Japaneses and American manufacturers, have to offer competitive pricing
- and you don't have to convince Brits that a Jag or LD are good, national pride (owned by Indians :))
-and its America :D

Yeah agreed. Still odd though. Still, I plan to take advantage of their pricing!